• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Ranger

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are the player that likes to have a pet and shoot arrows then the Ranger is for you. You have more then a bow as a weapons choices.

Here is a Gamescon video with some of the gameplay and a ranger. This video shows many options you can see with the ranger and use of pets in battle.

[youtube]kAh1OHBI4uM[/youtube]

This video by Alexrediculous gets a little more detailed in how weapons are used. He also gives you more details with pets.

[youtube]zhh1wL8nQXU&feature=related[/youtube]

S

Scarsdale Punk

Definitely playing a ranger as my main. I've never been a fan of them as a pet class, but sometimes sacrifices must be made to be awesome.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice. I know 3 players personally in my area that are going to play a Ranger.

The one video on youtube and I think has Totalbiscuit commenting on it almost had me won over to do a ranger first in the pvp battle.

Good choice!

S

Scarsdale Punk

I've been playing rangers since I was rolling an 8-sided die for hit points. But I'm an altoholic, so I'll certainly try out most of the other classes.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main is a Ranger, and I am really enjoying playing him. Nothing like standing on a roof top and pew pewing someone to death

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. Yes I have done the ranger and guardian in WvW. Loved both of them. This weekend I focused on the elementalist and mesmer. I will have some reviews on this BWE3 weekend starting tomorrow.

Glad you stopped by. :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here si another great detailed video from Haasth22 on the Ranger profession. As you can see I already tried the Ranger out and absolutely loved it in WvW. It's just so nice to play charcters that are not just limtited to one or two weapons in GW2.

Great video and we thank you Haasth22 for having these up for all the GW2 fans around the world to see.

With Haste - GW2: Ranger Spotlight

Published on Jun 11, 2012 by Haasth22
A hasty look at the Ranger profession!
Follow me on Twitter → https://twitter.com/#!/Haasth

A master of the arrow and bow you best not be in the ranger's sight or you might end up getting a chunk bitten out of you or a greatsword swung at your face.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
After the necro, this is the other profession that I'm considering.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had tons of fun with this profession. I tell you a little secret. Using my warhorn in WvW saved my arse a few times. I would switch from my bow to my sword and warhorn. I then use my warhorn and I could speed off if under heavy attack and helped some server mates at the same time.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm really looking for something I can solo w/. Survivability over DPS for me, plz.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol actually I did very well in each profession I tried. I died a few times so dont get me wrong. If you learn to dodge and run around a bit and time your self heals and use the right skills.

If your lucky and have more of a defensive elementalist near you using the water attunment skills you get some free heals out from that.