• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The Pyramid of the Duper's Market Revealed

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Dupers = Computer Programmer with knowledge of Game Code Writing and make money off of WoW mainly

Website Brokers = A few Business People willing to sell the duplicated items for profit. Not all brokers.

Fencer / Peddlers = Players looking to make some easy cash buying and reselling duplicated items

Player Run Vendor Houses = Players willing to accept millions of gold from leasing vendor space to fencers.

Rare Merchants = Hybrid Collectors willing to sell their rares to the highest bidder no questions asked

Veteran Collectors = Players who take a risk investing their hard earned money in pixels.

Amateur Collectors = Either lucky enough to get a good deal or acquire rares through events.

Crafters / PvPers / IHD = Players willing to buy any dupe for their UO hobby.

General UO Community = Mainly unaffected by the dupe scandal and represent 95% of all players.

Who do you trust? No one you haven't known a really long time in UO. Not all brokers are created equal. I imagine there are many brokers, collectors who have been diligently avoiding being involved. Its near impossible. We all know about those who fell prey as just another victim in a long line of dupe related business as usual.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Dupers = Computer Programmer with knowledge of Game Code Writing and make money off of WoW mainly

Website Brokers = A few Business People willing to sell the duplicated items for profit. Not all brokers.

Fencer / Peddlers = Players looking to make some easy cash buying and reselling duplicated items

Player Run Vendor Houses = Players willing to accept millions of gold from leasing vendor space to fencers.

Rare Merchants = Hybrid Collectors willing to sell their rares to the highest bidder no questions asked

Veteran Collectors = Players who take a risk investing their hard earned money in pixels.

Amateur Collectors = Either lucky enough to get a good deal or acquire rares through events.

Crafters / PvPers / IHD = Players willing to buy any dupe for their UO hobby.

General UO Community = Mainly unaffected by the dupe scandal and represent 95% of all players.

Who do you trust? No one you haven't known a really long time in UO. Not all brokers are created equal. I imagine there are many brokers, collectors who have been diligently avoiding being involved. Its near impossible. We all know about those who fell prey as just another victim in a long line of dupe related business as usual.
YEP

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the main problem i have is. how do we figure out what item is duped or not, should we disregard that nice rare that pretty cheap assuming its fake? i have recently heard stories that some gold sellers that were very reliable a year+ ago are not dirty? who can we trust? its very frustrating. we cannot aviod supporting the couterfeiters unless there is a way to know who they are for certain. and that will be difficult and we may end up black listing honest players who just wanted to sell there stuff by accident. heck i dont want to be labeled a duper just because i have 9 val hammers.

K

Kratos Aurion

looks accurate but WoW isn't their only source of income :thumbsup:

J

jack flash

heck i dont want to be labeled a duper just because i have 9 val hammers.
DUPER!!!!!! :thumbsup:

set the fires BURN HER!!! oh HIM??

*shuffles feet, looks at ground*

*whistles to ones self as he exits casually*