• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The please rate my pet thread

• Thread starter YellowStarS2k
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YellowStarS2k

If it's okay, I would like to create a "Rate my Pet" thread. This could cut down on the number of these threads.

My three best greater dragons:

HP:920 :)
Str:562 :(
Int: 566 :\
Resists: 85!/90!/45/60!/70 (holy @(#*&%. ! indicates max resist) I guess I won't be using this one for enemies with cold damage.
Wrestling: 135 pretame, 97.2 post tame
Magery: 112.8 post tame
edit: the rest of it's stats and skills
Dex and stam: 69
Tactics: 80.9
Resist: 89.2
EI:46.9
Med and Anatomy: 0

and

HP:877
Str:581 better, but still not great
Int:623 better
Resists: 83/84/54/57/67
Wrestling: 96ish post tame so in the 130s pretame
Magery: 116.1 post tame better

and

EDIT: tamed one more!

HP: 834
Str: 641 better
Int: 585
Resists: 85!/90!/54/60!/59 Perfect physical, fire, and poison, 1 away from perfect cold, but bad energy
Wrestling: freshly tamed - 90.7 so 126 pretame I think
Tactics: 89.8
Magery: 102.1 Booooo

I've only been taming greaters for a few days now. 1. I'm guessing the first one is better? 2. What about the first one's low strength? :( 3. Is the first one still a keeper?

I also got a pretty good cu sidhe too, especially considering it's blue and I see so many cu sidhes with bad resists.
blue Cu Sidhe
HP: 543
Resists:64/45/76/44/84

Thank you Tamers of Britannia! :bowdown:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would go with number two.

It is my opinion that Strength effects the overall damage done by Wrestling. Such that the higher the strength the greater the damage.

As for Dex, Anatomy, EI and Meditation they will always train to a fixed cap.

125 for Dex 100 for the rest.

Y

YellowStarS2k

:p I just tamed another one. How about this one? and what is more important for damage? Strength or wrestling? I'm guessing str.
HP: 834
Str: 641 better
Int: 585
Resists: 85!/90!/54/60!/59 Perfect physical, fire, and poison, 1 away from perfect cold, but bad energy
Wrestling: freshly tamed - 90.7 so 126 pretame I think
Tactics: 89.8
Magery: 102.1 Booooo
Thanks again

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In one sens anything over 120.0 (Post Tamed as in trained) is getting into the grey area and often time I look at that and say is it really worth my time to train a new one (as in turn over an existing GD for a new one).

So yeah in this case I would be looking far more at the maxed (or as another person said a while back, the total of all resist) resist and how they match up to what I fight then the str and then the wrestling then the tactics. Of lesser importance comes Magery then Resist Spells.

I have two accounts and a tamer on each.

On one both GD's have a 620+ str and 127.6 wrestling and 128.9 wrestling.

On the other the str is about the same to a little better but the wrestling is 118.n and 123.n

As far as damage out put I don't really see all that big of a difference yet I would prefer the GD's on the first account over the 2nd but it really is just in the statistics and not to be confused with anything meaningful.

Just for fun, the lowest of the 4's hp's is 896 the highest is 947.

The resist on all four dragons are within 5 of cap of each resist. But then I have gone to all the GD spawn sites twice daily for what now 3 or 4 months and turned them over. I have taken just under 20 GD's to full training and turned them over for the next better one.

Of those, lets just say it is 20, 16 have been sold. I have tamed an additional 12 that were not able to replace my existing dragons but were great Great Dragons non the less. I just could not let them be lost on a server reset and tamed them then sold them.

I am currently doing the same thing with Cu's and it is a lot safer and easier on me and the insurance dollars. I have stabilized the two colors I want. White and Sky Blue on the one, Jet Black and Sky Blue on the other.

I probably have locked in the Jet Black and one of the two Sky Blue's.

I have locked in a Gold Hiryu on one account and an Ice Blue Hiryu on the other account.

The Gold Hiryu is the only Hiryu I have ever had that can break and hold the Ogre Lord Island in Despise with minimum veting on my part. For those that do not know the place it is the home of 3 Ogre Lords, that are on a medium to short respawn cycle, not to be confused with a fast respawn cycle.

Y

YellowStarS2k

Thanks for the advice again. *bows*
I've started training the 3rd one (the one with 641 str), and if I find a better one, I'll see if it's worth it to train that one.
Unfortunately I don't have a single trained greater, so I can't farm and kill the "bad" greater dragons.

M

MonkeyBusiness

By far and without question, the most important stats on a GD is physical and fire resistance and HP's. Differences in wrestling have modest effects and strength differences translate into marginal changes in performance. The most important thing a GD can do for a tamer is tank something that doles out physical and/or fire damage. The first GD you listed up to is by far the best GD described in this thread and in my opinion is an incredible specimen (maybe in the top 3 GD's I have ever seen) and I have seen literally thousands as I have been GD crazy since their creation about 7 months ago. What makes a GD awesome is its ability to stay alive and not just dispense huge damage which any GD will do. As far as cold resistance, who cares? An 85 cold resist Cu Sidhe is SEVERAL times better than a maxed GD against cold damage. A maxed Rune Beetle is 10X better than a maxed GD against a poisoning opponent. For convenience its nice to march a GD out against these types of monsters but not your best choice. Also a Cu Sidhe with an 85 energy resist is a little better than a GD with 75 energy resist against an opponent dealing energy damage. Long story short, I hope you still have the first GD, train him up, and keep him or sell him. I am quite amazed at the quality of the GD specimens you have collected in such a short time. I must ask, do you farm them or simply lore large numbers of them? I have tried both methods and have found farming too tedious and have just resorted to loring Destard and Fire Temple almost every day.

Y

YellowStarS2k

Thanks for some more advice. :) I guess I will keep all 3 and see which one I like best and perhaps do some calculations although, depending on how many firebreaths a dragon does on a monster greatly effects how long it lives, my results may not be very scientific.

I still do have the first one :) and he is in the process of training. Training Cu Sidhe's is SO much easier since they heal themselves. I just sit and attempt to hide with 20 hiding and just check on it once in a while. :p

I've only been taming greater dragons for a week and I must just be getting REALLY lucky apparently. I didn't realize being a follower of honor (2nd step?) will still net me enough time to get about 5-6 taming attempts in. I just go to Destard for a while and lore while people kill them. :p Once I have one Greater Dragon trained enough, I may be able to start farming them.

And on a side note, I've lored a few Greater Dragons owned by other people (usually with very nice armor and weapons) and see that theirs are mediocre (usually resists wise). I wonder if people know what to look for or if they just tame the first one they see. (not that I know what is good or great, but I know what mediocre is :p )

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I have found from talking with people is they mostly just don't want to try to tame aggressive Mob's OR they do not want to take the time to tame them.

Either way the majority of GD's, I Lore, that are tame are not all that great.

I have no problem with their perceptions.

I also think that people build up a perception of what makes a Good Greater Dragon. I do not think we all agree on what those criteria are. Mostly I think that is because we do not all use the Pets the same way and on the same Mob's.