• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) The Perilous Inquirer - 23rd Issue

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Perilous Inquirer
Vol. 1, 23nd Issue
December 6, 2013

TRIVIA HISTORY
To receive a prize, be the first to go to the Trivia Monk on our steps & say the word that answers this question:
"One of Richard Garriott's programmers (Shadowmaker in UO, now deceased) added Disney characters to Ultima. Garriott ordered them removed & Shadowmaker obeyed -sorta. He left in a shadow outline of Mickey Mouse giving the finger. That art work was copied from the box game into UO. It's slightly distorted but still clearly visible. Where is it?"

NELSON MANDELA BECOMES FIRST POLITICIAN TO BE MISSED
- RePrint from TheOnion.com
Johannesburg - Following the death of former South African president and civil rights leader Nelson Mandela today at the age of 95, sources confirmed that the revered humanitarian has become the first politician in recorded history to actually be missed.
“Today we lost not only an international hero and a symbol of the resilient human spirit, but also the very first political figure ever who people actively wish was still alive and affecting world affairs,” said political historian Wallace M. Delaney of Columbia University, adding that Mandela will long be remembered for enduring 27 years in prison in the fight against apartheid, championing equality across the globe, and standing alone as the only world leader whose passing left the international community grief-stricken and feeling a palpable void in their lives. “Certainly people have felt a sense of sorrow at the deaths of politicians in the past, but Nelson Mandela’s death is the only one on record that people everywhere unanimously agree has left the world
Delaney added that he could not predict who might be the second politician to be missed by humanity, but confirmed there were no viable candidates anywhere out there right now.

THE SHADOW MAN
- by Kattasrophe (age 12)
T'was a stormy night in Luna Bank. Friends were speaking of ghosts, when an invisible man named "a shadow" appeared. I said, "Hello!!" No answer and he started to walk away. We followed him then he dissappeared to the roof. Of course, a non-answering person would make us suspicious! We stalked him as he went in different directions. He finally found an escape route and vanished. We were very angry. At one point he had stepped on m y hand. My hand is still cold from that incident.
Talia says, "He was pretty much naked. I saw his undies."
Vladimer also replied, "I was about to report him for harassment."
After the shadow left, we checked Luna Bank floors. On one floor, a shield was left behind. A shadow has stolen something from the Secret Vault of Luna!

WHY THAT NAME?
- by RueTor
CAT: "Easy. Thomas Hewitt Edward Cat. Old show from the '60's. Was waaay ahead of its time. Before anti-Heros, before non-white main characters, before people with disabilities being treated like other people, before parkour, before swat, before genuine well-choreographed martial arts, this series was. Starred a young Robert Loggia as an ex-con cat burglar/ circus aerialist gypsy, who worked as a body guard for people that needed protection, with the police dept using him exclusively. That show deserves kudos for opening the door for so many other shows and characters "
Delilah the Mad: I created this character long ago with the thoughts that I'm rather loony and that I also have a bit of a temper. When I decided to move to Siege permanently, 2 years ago, I realized that this name was still quite appropriate for my typists mentality.

The Perilous Inquirer
Vol. 1, 23rd Issue
3rd house on left out the Luna south gate.
News & Booze! Free current issues are on the "News" steward. Free named liquors are on the "Booze" steward. Back copies are
free on the shop named, "Siege Droppings." Submission guidelines are posted on the bulletin board.
Reporter: Kattasrophe
Onomatologist: Rue Tor
Contributors: CAT, Delilah the Mad
Deliveries: Doug The Fugitive
Published by the ROFLTimes.com

~sine die~