• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) The Peerage of Siege Perilous Interviews

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hail Siege!

I've been thinking about a way to capture some of the unique spirit of our shard. With Endless Journey just around the corner I hope that UO in general, and our little corner of Stratics in particular, see more traffic. So I have started a series of player interviews for the shard, and Babydoll, though skeptical at my ideas at first, has graciously consented to be the guinea pig for the first run.

This thread is where I hope to record both the guidelines and the finished interview links. So let's get to the basic parameters.

Guidelines:

1. I would like to interview, through a few PMs here on Stratics, the depth and breadth of the shard. That includes all walks of UO life, crafters, guild leaders and members, EMs, PKs, PvPers, general roustabouts et al. I welcome volunteers, and if you wish to sign up please PM me and I'll add you to my list.

TO BE INTERVIEWED, YOU MUST CURRENTLY HAVE AN ACTIVE TOON ON SIEGE PERILOUS.

2. The questions will start out generally the same for everyone, and based on your interests and abilities we'll dovetail out to more specific questions (as evidenced in BabyDoll's house deco pics).

3. I will edit your responses for spelling and grammatical corrections and slight edits to improve flow, but I reserve all errors and mistatements as my own fault. I'm trying to highlight the players, not flay them (even you Malloc! :) )

4. A minimum number of pictures will be included:

a. Preferably one of your paperdoll in its standard Siege attire.
b. Possibly one of your home (if notable)
c. When available (from you or others), a historical screenshot from your experience on Siege (yes Lleawyn, you can use your pic of dead Virem, and yes Virem, you can use a pic of dead ... everyone!)

This is meant to be fun, but also a sort of chronicle, so:

science.jpg

"And remember, this is for posterity so be honest."

Thanks in advance for your participation and support!

- Calavera, [Siege Perilous Historical Society]

THE INTERVIEWS THUS FAR:

March 21, 2018: (Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Babydoll!

March 22, 2018: (Player Event) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Reuggan, Leader of Gilfane

March 26, 2018: (Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Max Blackoak [TBB], VICE Alliance leader

March 27, 2018: (Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Magichands, Guildmaster of [UWSP]

March 29, 2018: (Player Event) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews SpyderBite, known thief!

April 5, 2018: (Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Sir AJ, Solo Siege Veteran!

April 9, 2018: (Player Event) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Tanager, Resolute Nudist and New Player Guide!

September 12, 2018: (Player Event) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Shalimar, One of Siege's First Citizens

September 24, 2018: (Player Event) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Igg A Pie, Siege's Broker of Trades and Alliances!

October 23, 2018: (Player Event) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Blug’Tar, Chief Scout of the Nightmare Clan of Orcs

November 12, 2018: (Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Garth Grey, Scourge of the Britannian Seas

January 20, 2019: (Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Malloc, Grandmaster Man of Leisure and Taste!

March 1, 2020: The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Starcon, Brit Governor and Cu Whisperer!

Last edited:

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I look forward to many more excellent interviews with our esteemed citizens! This seems like it'll be a lot o' fun! I really enjoyed the most recent interview with the New head o' GIL.

Sincerely,
Lord Ol'Rac Nnod
Duke o' UWSP and Earl o' Britain

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for having me. It was a pleasure (coming from someone who allegedly likes to hear himself talk...)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Added Talia's interview of Magichands. Thanks for participating Magic, and thanks to Fogsbane for the aerial map of the UWSP Township!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another wonderful read. Stealing/expanding on Ol'Rac Nood's idea from another post "these interviews are awesome! Most people know of the big name players here, but there hasn't been a single interview so far that hasn't expanded the knowledge to be had about these folks by many times over! A scribe in game should probably put a library of these interviews together so future citizens can go back and read through." I am guessing there a several more interviews coming, how about seeing if the Stratic's people could place interviews under a sticky ?