• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The PAWS Soulforge

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Shard,

[PAWS Tribute and Book Event]​

It is my hope to pay tribute to one of the first, if not first ever substantial player run cities in the game that was established back in 1997 just south of the Britain stables. When I first returned to the game, I noticed that the houses, the smithy, the tower and the keep where all gone from PAWS. Not only this, but most everyone didn’t know the history of that time or even heard of PAWS. I decided there needed to be an update to this.

I have created a Tribute house, which is located at the {yellow star} in my avatar picture, just east of Britain, directly across the waters from the Orc Fort docks (Trammel). The house is called: [The PAWS Soulforge]. Furthermore, I have decided to bring back several characters that played during that time as my vendors for the house. I have also written several books so far as a story and back story as well as. I plan to write 4 book series and a series finale, that will include several books for your enjoyment. The chief focus of these stories is the character “ImaNewbie”, who created the “ImaNewbie Does Britannia cartoon series”.

The credits book will describe the location of each book in the house and the house will act as a type of walk-through story, that will have visual props from the stories littered throughout the house. I released Series 1 several months ago and Today I am releasing series 2. The entire collection will be displayed at the Library of the Archmage Guildmaster in Ter Mur, just East of the Moongate and there is a rune to this location outside of the PAWS Soulforge. Series 1 of the books are still located within the PAWS Soulforge though.

I have worked hard, with the help of many people in the game, to try to make sure that these books are enjoyable for every type of person and they support game lore as best as I can figure. I have also introduced many new elements as well.

[Server Wide Book Quest Event]

4/25/2002 Monday-Friday​

The Quest starter kits will include all of the series 2 books and will require you to visit: ImaNewbie does Britannia in order to solve the quest. Instructions are found within the Quest Starter kit and a notebook to help. The quest is very easy to solve if the read through the entire Poem and read the Quest Objections section. [no need to over think this].

Those who complete the quests will get their name displayed in the credits book “Beginning of Pacific” located outside of the Tribute House and their likeness and avatar will be included in the next series of books I write. As I mentioned, I am planning to write 5 total series of books that include up to 5 books of story and back stories per series. There should be plenty of material to include as many people that have completed the quest, that want to be included. Those that do, will forever be immortalized with this tribute house and part of that legacy.

I will offer a quest at the end of each series until the conclusion of the Server Events which is at the release of Series 4. The Book series will end at the 5th series, the series finale.

I have been working on The PAWS Soulforge, both with unique design, decorations and story since September and I hope this is a proper salute to the people of PAWS and some of the chief architects of the Pacific server. Much of my research material comes from historical figures, ancient mythology, some theology, UO lore, H.P. Lovecraft and of course some pop-culture for the actual story and back stories. The credits book speaks to the house, my motives and some history of your server.

Any questions or concerns please message me or drop by the house and leave a note for me in the mail box.

I will include in this thread all of series 1 incase you missed it and series two which I am releasing today. The books not here are associated with the server event. The entire collection can always be viewed at the Library of the Archmage Guildmaster or The PAWS Soulforge.

Thank you all,

Best regards and fare thee well,

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
If you have trouble viewing the PDF files here you can view them on the Pacific Forums at uo.com under the thread with the same name. right click and open in a new tab and you can read them w/o downloading anything.

Thanks again,

Best Regards and fare thee well,

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
SeverEvent1.PNG

Quest is active: You can search VS for "wooden box" and it comes up for 5g or you can visit the star on the map in Trammel. I put two Quest starter kits up for today. The quest books are: The Song of Virtue and the Quest Notebook. Fill out your name and date and maybe a little about yourself for the notebook once you turn that and the required items back into the mailbox of the (lion)

Quest will be active until the end of Friday (Midnight 12pm PST)
The Box set have the same books I released in them as well as the book that isn't for sale called: The Logic Matrix

All the other books are for sale at the cost of the dyes to dye the books on Ole Harper at the Lovecraft Exchange. I will continue to make copies of the story arc series and supply that vendor during promotional periods such as this.

-Palm Copenhagen

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'll have to go check it out! I believe the PAWS tavern was still there until just a few years ago.

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Two days left. I know with all that is going on there isn't much time, and this is why I released this quest Monday and for this week. Also that's why I made the quest rather easy to solve.

To clarify something, two people have asked me about:

If you don't want your character name in the story it doesn't have to be, you can just pick a name and it isn't likely to be a character anyways. It could just be something else. Doesn't matter if it is one name or another just something from you so you can participate with the story. There are no rules other than nothing offensive. For those who are worried that maybe the name they might pick won't fit roleplay wise, don't worry that is why you include a little about yourself in the note book too, or anything at all. It's not a competition. I'll include what ever name you want me to include in the credits and for the story I'll create something that includes the contribution from you though that is using your inspiration or idea to develop something. It could be the name of an enchanted forest or a polar bear named Larry-Sue. It may not be the name of something maybe just the name of a sword or a weapon. Lots of options.

I know people think so little of themselves these days, but the point is to include you, not for you to come up with something so great to carry the story. If the story doesn't work, that's my fault. As mentioned in the poems: "it could be big or small or anything at all, a smile is worth more than gold, and for this the story must be told!" so this is the story, fictionally of your realm, would you like to participate in telling that story in some small, big or way or anyway, otherwise.

That is the point of the quest, hope this clears up some concerns and answers the most popular question received as feedback thus far.

Thank you again Pacific Shard.

-Palm Copenhagen

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific shard,

Thank you all for participating with the event. The availability of the quest books: Song of Virtue and the Quest Notebook are over and those who have a "quest starter kit" feel free to turn the notebook back to me with what you want me to include in for the works I am creating for the server, in the next few weeks please. Drop that book filled out into the lion mail box at The PAWS Soulforge.

Thank you again everyone, the next event like this will be announced after the release of series 3, of which I am currently researching. No date on that yet, but will post here and on UO.com those dates. It will not be done during the release of a in game event like this one was, but I wanted to limit the amount of potential quest notebooks to test the participation level. There will be two more events just like this one and the next event may go two weeks instead of one and won't be during a game event as mentioned.

Also I have included a picture of the house in Ter Mur of which there is a rune next to the book outside the house called: "Beginning of Pacific". There you will find the entire series two books on display at The Library of the Archmage Guildmaster (library is open to the public, but not officially launched yet). There you can find another book entitled:

Poems of Virtue, which is a unique living book as the series develops, of which will include poems for specific characters in the story to the right on the mysterious crystal case as you enter the main hall and to the left on the other one will be a book entitled:

Quests of Virtue, which will include all the poems written for the events that are designed to read ImaNewbie Does Britannia cartoon series to solve.

The Library is still evolving but wanted to post the progress of this so far and where to find it incase you can not recall. RoyalLibrary.PNG LibraryHall.PNG

-Palm Copenhagen

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

I have, with the inspiration of UO Radio created a book preview for the next series of books and a music playlist for your enjoyment, that tells the story of each of the first Kingdoms of the realm and their signets of power that each of the Ancient Dragons who oversee these kingdoms created for those rulers.

Series 3 books will be entitled: The Golden Trio and the Quest for Ladon
It is a multiple book series around three characters, the Architect, the Forerunner and the Lion. This will be the next portion of the books that takes place after the events of the Star of Zara.

Below are the addresses for how to view the playlists and attached are the short descriptions of each playlist with the back story and book preview.

1. Twisted Embers of Fate 11 tracks

2. Skull of the Innate Will 12 tracks

3. Lever of Righteousness 13 tracks

4. Seal of the Justice Bringer 14 tracks

Please enjoy!

Best regards and fare thee well

Attachments

Samael

Visitor
How did the quest participation turn out? I love all the effort and thought you were putting into this.

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
How did the quest participation turn out? I love all the effort and thought you were putting into this.
All the quest starter kits sold out and I even made more, but I received nothing in return. So I was thinking, perhaps the poem I wrote was maybe too difficult somehow and the next time around I'll make it easier to do.

When I am finished with all the stories in the series finale, I'll release a book with all the poems from the server events and a book of poems written by the characters within the entire series itself. I still have maybe 20 pages left of material to write for the series 3 books, then editing. So its close and I'm running out of time, but it should be soon.

I'm hoping for the first week of July and then roughly the 25th Anniversary in September for the 4th release. Then release the finale before Halloween.

Anyone can read the The Book of Virtues, The Book of Virtues Quest Poem and a few of the Songs of Virtue I have made already in the Library of the Archmage Guildmaster. They are on display there. A rune to the house is located outside of the front door on top of the book "Tribute to PAWS".

I have already written the part of the quest that I would normally have added someone who solved the quest into the book series, but there is always next time for someone. here are the solutions to the event:

Reading the Poem you would travel to Episode 30 of the ImaNewbie Does Britannia Cartoon series, which is also found in my signature and go 4 boxes down to find this box:
Episode30.PNG

So as you notice in the poem I will repeat the phrase that Lord British says but omit the "order shields" part, so to solve the poem you just had to deliver 6 order shields to my mail box. As mentioned, I figured the poem was a little too difficult, not that it was hard, but maybe I led people to try to over think how to solve it, with how I worded things.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Quest: The Book of Virtues

A small girl with a heart of pure gold-Overcame the beast that shows only when cold.

The star that was gifted, found a new home-And presented its true nature, the virtuous tome.

The Book of Virtue, and the blank pages within-Requires a champion, to put ink to skin.

For I cannot seek out and unlock this book-Only a worthy champion must be the one to look.

Do not lose heart, and please remain strong-Through Ladon's memories-I can sing you his song.

Virtue is the sum of 5, 4, 6, 8 and 7-The Champion must have truth, courage and love in this visible plane below heaven.

So as virtue is summed and a new number is shown-The episode in question is no longer unknown.

In this episode ImaNewbie seeks an audience, with the lord-For what you seek is held in your hand, but isn't a sword.

Where 8 splendor beauties present the lord of the house-Their generosity make room for even the smallest of mouse.

The sum of the letters of the first word, is 5-The virtuous champion usurps the opposite, as their prize.

the sum of the letters of the second word, is 7-Evidence of the lord of the houses', favorite possession.

The box 4 down proclaims his final two words-When the lord explains why the guards have their concerns.

"And all the Guards are mad at me cause they lost", that which you seek-Through purification of this, is the only technique.

The virtuous champion must seek a total of 6 items to find-So the Valkyrie has enough to fashion her bricks in kind.

And so, the book that was found contains many words of power-Though, only purified by virtue will the pages begin to flower.

Bring me your finds and a rune to your home-And delivered you shall receive…the virtuous tome.
-----------------------------------------------------
Also If you pay attention to the detail, the numbers that create the Book of Virtues are represented in the other book I created called: The Logic Matrix. Each one of the numbers are specifically designed to represent something and when I created the poem not only did I sum those number for the Book of Virtues, which the Logic Matrix also does, but then in the poem itself, I use the same numbers to describe other things found in the episode or required for the quest. 5 is the letters of the first word, 7 is the letters of the second word, 4 is the number of boxes down, 6 is the quantity of items needed and 8 are the statues in the throne room.

In the Logic Matrix, the number 6 is the heart of the virtues and surrounding it are the numbers 8,7,4,5, which are the numbers of the three sets of virtues and the lever of corruption which is the number 5 on the Logic Matrix. I did not include the Logic Matrix to be viewed here on the website, but I did include copy of it with the quest starter kit, as well as the above poem and the entire series of books released here on this website. Again maybe I caused people to over think how to solve the quest, which is why I didn't get anything back.

I will try this again after the next series I release and do an event about a week after I release series 3 to unlock the next book found in the stories. "The Book of Demons."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I have been thinking about the format for this event and next time I will post the poem here on the forums, such as I just did in this post here. I will take advantage of this forum and the UO pacific shard forums too. I still want to keep the starter kits available for people, as that has an in game feel of a quest NPC. I like using the memory of ImaNewbie and his vendor as a quest NPC for the house.

since the point of the entire event is to draw people back to the work of Tyron, the creator of "ImaNewbie Does Britannia" this is a feature I want to keep, but I will also this time around, use the forums too. I think I will reduce the poems somewhat in size as well.

Once I post all of series 3 for people to read in both Pacific server forums, here and on UO.com, I will market the server event then. What I may do is develop concepts in the next book series as promised for the event, but also with the current book too, that the quest for. "The Book of Demons", which will be what the server event unlocks. I will likely include a name or two inside of this book, as this tome will be another type of spell book, such as the Necronomicon was.

Instead of displaying an Easter Egg of the book inside of the Library of the Archmage Guildmaster as I did with the "Book of Virtues", I will wait to release the next book written by the Old Ones, until after the event to include those names.

Last edited:

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Shard,

Series 3 of the book entitled: [The Golden Trio], which I have now given a name for the overall story arc: "Sandals of Time" Should be out in just over a week or possibly a week and a half. If it takes longer, it may be for editing purposes.

This portion of the release will be the largest part of the book series.

I have created a model for this entire book series, based on an arc, as a story arc, but also a visual arc too. That arc will be as if it was the arc of a rainbow, as described in the book "The Book of Dragons". The crest of the arc will be the point of most intensity, which is this third part.

I have also added several features to the lore of the game itself, both with history and new context or ideas in this series release, about to be released.

Series 4, you can expect to be in balance to that of series 2 in nature, as with series 5 (the finale), being like series 1. (The exact number of books may not be balanced but conceptually the nature from the story telling will be. The amount of specific book releases per series is related to a part of the story being released in series 3).

The actual stories I am writing are a bit longer and more immersive, but have been edited to fit within in game scribe books. Most of the content is the same, but the stories do get altered some as to fit.

"editing is the art of capturing infinity" - me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Format of book series "Sandals of Time"

"Virtue is the sum of 5, 4, 6, 8 and 7-The Champion must have truth, courage and love in this visible plane below Heaven” -Kumara

David the Architect’s secret chord: 4-6-8-5-7

Series 1: The PAWS Soulforge (4 parts)
series prelude: "The Unknown Mage"
story arc: 1 part

additional cast: "Necronomicon" & "The Book of Dragons"
Series 2: Star of Zara (6 parts)
series prelude: "Of Clocks and Time"
story arc: 3 parts

additional cast: "The Logic Matrix" & "The Book of Virtues"
Series 3: The Golden Trio (8 parts)
series prelude: "Rabbit & the Hound"
story arc: 5 parts
additional cast: "The Great War" & "Research Codex"

Server Event: "The Book of Demons"

Series 4: Toccata and Feud (5 parts)
series prelude: "Precession and Admiralty"
story arc: 3 parts
additional cast:
"Nightmares: A Love Story"

Server Event: "The Book of Judges"

Series 5: Succubus & Valkyries (7 parts)
series prelude: "Mysterious Red Book"
story arc: 2 parts
additional cast: "The Four Helmsmen" & "Songs of Virtue (2 parts)" & "Flight of the White Heron"

Book series Conclusion: Sandals of Time
series conclusion: "The Great Library"

Server Event: "The Book of Knowledge"

Special Event Releases: Sandals of Time
1. The Book of Demons
2. The Book of Judges
3. The Book of Knowledge
4. The Quest for Ladon

[note] As always I will be posting content both here and on the UO Pacific shard forums. Any attachments here that may require you to download something, can be viewed on the UO website in the forum post entitled (the PAWS Soulforge), by right clicking and selecting open in a new tab. This allows you to read the contents in its own PDF viewable window, without downloading a thing.

-Palm Copenhagen

Last edited:

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

I have finished the third series of the book Sandals of Time, titled: The Golden Trio. This release is the largest content release that I was planning for the entire series.

With that said, the amount of editing was quite challenging, but I am happy with where it is now currently at.

The series order:

• Rabbit & the Hound
  • The Golden Trio part 1
  • Research Codex
  • The Golden Trio part 2
  • The Great War
  • The Golden Trio part 3
  • The Golden Trio part 4
  • The Golden Trio part 5

The first book is fairly long, but it isn’t really required for the main story arc, neither is the Research Codex. I wanted to release them as detailed to the story as I could make them though, so if you like detail, there is a lot of that.

*Right-clicking the attachments and opening in a new tab at uo.com allows you to read the books without downloading anything*

These books have not been reduced down in size yet to fit within the game books, but I do plan to do that.

I will work on getting that part done, before I announce the book event and quest for the book The Book of Demons

Thanks for your time and please enjoy.

-Palm Copenhagen

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

Server Book Event
Server Event for the Book of Demons starts today 7/23/22 and ends 7/30/22 at midnight.

In the screen-shot of The PAWS Soulforge you can see two books next to ImaNewbie. One is the "Quest of Demons" book the other is "The Book of Demons".
The PAWS Soulforge can be found on the Pacific Server at the star in my avatar on trammel.

The Screen-shot shows second edition prints of Series 3 The Golden Trio and the Quest for Ladon, that can be purchased for 100k a set.

The Quest of Demons book can be purchased for 50g.

Brief Description

The Book of Demons was recovered at Reg Volom by the Archmage Guildmaster in the final chapter of the book “The Golden Trio”, once Lord Dupre defeated the demonic knight known as Durendal.

Copies of this story can be created at request or found for sale during a promotional event here at the PAWS Soulforge.

As always, the entire work being written is displayed at the Library of the Archmage Guildmaster in Ter Mur. A rune to that location is outside on top of the book entitled: “Tribute to PAWS”.

Quest of Demons

By: Kumara

------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Event: Unlocking “The Book of Demons

The flames are ignited on a very old friend…

To make Caliburnus whole again.

Now the flame of truth shall sing its long-awaited song…

So, to end Durendal’s mighty reign of long.

The book recovered is bound by the flesh and demon skin…

For it is The Book of Demons, but the pages are blank within.

Demons are the sum of 4, 5 and 6…

15 is the number, but not the proper mix.

For 8, 3 and 4 is that which you seek…

ImaNewbie Does Britannia will provide you with his critique.

Box 8 down displays the spell in question twice…

So, two scrolls of this, shall be my advice.

Box 3 down suggests to face the direction, that of north…

And “I will take thee” is proclaimed in the box of the fourth.

The book in question must be taken to the northern most virtue shrine…

And those spells in question will unlock this book by design.

Bring me your finds and a rune to your home…

And delivered you shall receive a copy of the demonic tome.

-Kumara

------------------------------------------------------------------

Quest Objectives

-This quest book can be found at the vendor at the PAWs Soulforge on the balcony called: ImaNewbie

*note* you don’t need to purchase this book to do the quest

Visit the following web address:
-Press the button that is next to the line that says “The Toons

- Visit episode 15 entitled: I will Take Thee!

-Somewhere in this episode is the spell in question. Locate that spell and either make or purchase two scrolls that have this exact spell on it.

-Return those scrolls and a rune to your house to receive a completed copy of “The Book of Demons.

Bonus

-The server has a week to complete this quest to receive “The Book of Demons” but the first three persons to complete this quest shall be included in series 4 of the next works being written called: “Toccata and Feud”.

*Release date approximately Sept 1st *

If you would like to be included in the stories then fill out the name you wish to include in a blank book and drop that off with the scrolls and a rune to your house.

*note* If you don’t have a mail box just contact me in the game or on discord. My discord info is: Valkari#4059

Thank you,

-Palm Copenhagen

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
*spoiler-Hint*

This is the most commonly cast spell in the cartoon series of ImaNewbie Does Britannia you find the spell in the 8th box of episode 15 and make 2 scrolls with this spell on it to finish the quest.

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

Update on the server event:

I have had a lot of participation in the event. Several people picked up the Quest book "Quest of Demons". Also, several people have turned in the correct answer too, but a few folks did not want to be included in the stories I'm writing for one reason or another.

So...

As it stands now 2 of the 3 spots available for being written into series 4 are already spoken for. That leaves the next person who turns in the correct answer to be included in the stories.

The event will end Saturday at midnight, so even if the three bonus rewards of being included in the stories do get filled up, you can still receive the new book: "The Book of Demons" written by the Old Ones. One of the 13 tomes written by them [Add on material to H.P. Lovecraft lore]

This book will only be available for this quest and or in the future when I make special limited edition sets to hand out as prizes, once the library officially launches.

I am expecting this to be around the first of the year ~Jan 1.

Also as a special bonus for being included in the next series of books I'm writing, I'll be including a small book to congratulate you and also include a book I plan to release at the very end of the book series called Songs of Virtue I.

These are poems written by each character in the 6 part series and when complete will be a two part set of songs. So far I have the following characters finished:

1: Kumara
2: Ladon
3: Lemuria
4: Saint Valentine
5: Zara

The first two people who have turned in the correct answer, that are going to be included in series 4 have already received this bonus. I just wanted to announce this for the next person who turns this in, that there is going to be this bonus.

thanks you all again, I hope those of you that have participated with the event have found some joy with doing the quest and have enjoyed the stories so far.

Series 4 release date: ~ Sept 1st.
----------------------------------------------

Best regards and fare thee well.

-Palm Copenhagen

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

The Book event is over, thank you for all those who participated with this event. I hope the new book you earned as a reward was something you enjoyed receiving.

As mentioned the top three people who turned in the correct quest items to my mail box will be written into the stories for series 4 or beyond. Keep an eye out for your names.

I will begin writing series 4 this coming week and hope to meet the week of Sept 1st deadline for that release.

Thank you again,

-Palm Copenhagen

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific server,

I am working on another project that has taken me away from the game and a continuation of the stories, at least for a month or two. I will be hopefully back after Halloween to continue. The dates I gave for the series 4, 5 and finale will obviously change.

I did already finish the concept the plots and the story development for series 4, 5 and the finale. At least in my head and written down are the finished concepts. I think it will turn out to be really awesome. Currently its about at the halfway point in the story arc. I have also created a few additional side stores and adventures for the series, which are for future projects, once the main story finishes.

Happy 25th Anniversary!

-Palm Copenhagen

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

I will include a copy of the Movie Rise of The Archlich because it has developed story plot for the entire book series I am creating. Dakari will eventually play a minor role in the stories in series 5 and The Archlich will now be included in the rest of the plot line.

Since Durendal is no longer dead, we'll have to figure out what that means for Lord Dupre, Mariah the Champion of Honesty, The Archmage Guildmaster, Kumara Valkyries and the rest of the memories of The PAWS Soulforge.

Rise of The Archlich takes place a few months after the conclusion of The Golden Trio.

In series 4 Toccata and Feud (in development) I will be adding in much more character depth for Venus, the sister of Hathor and I will be adding both of the sons of The Archmage Guildmaster:

1: "Dread Pirate Aurelius" - whereabouts unkonwn (Youngest son of The Archmage Guildmaster)
2: "Curator Aureleius" - He currently manages for the Vesper Museum (Oldest son of The Archmage Guildmaster)

-Palm Copenhagen
The PAWS Soulforge

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

It is Christmas today and the Krampus Eve event is over.

Included in the official story of [Sandals of Time] is the updated and remastered version
of [Star of Zara] *Special Edition* In PDF format.

The library of The Archmage Guildmaster in Ter Mur, has this new edition, for the most part included within the game.
I have taken the liberty this morning to make some minor corrections and improve upon the work even more.

this version is the most up to-date version though.

It is part 2 of the 6 part series.

I am planning to release series 4 by the next UO event in the game. So until then...

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

The next official release is Valentines day on the 14th. I will releasing a remastered version of series 1 entitled: The PAWS Soulforge and the Quest for Ladon
I have expanded the series considerably and it should be a better foundation for the start of the book Sandals of Time

I thought the remastered version of Star of Zara (series 2) turned out well, so I wanted to redo series 1 before I moved onto writing series 4. Since I do jump around a bit when writing these things, I wanted to give you the most updated version of the outline of the story so far.

As usual these things can change, but this is the most current and update to date concept outline for the entire epic adventure and plans for the future.

Its a pretty comprehensive story table and plot outline, leaving out the good parts for the actual books themselves, but should tell you a lot about the UO project I'm working on.

The entire project with the various subsets should be somewhere around 400k words give or take. Once everything is written and edited, they will be shared with the rest of the servers before well before any type of publication, which won't be until 2024 sometime.

I am at some point going to combine everything split it up into 3 sections, but that won't be for a while.

I thought this would be a good time, as I am about to re-release series 1 remastered, to give an outline of the entire project, so everyone can see the range and scope I am aiming for.

As always, all of the PDF files posted here on this forum post is an evolutionary process of developing an epic fantasy adventure, using UO as a loose framework and backdrop. The characters of the story by and large are created characters but some are to honor specific players who came before, others are to incorporate in game lore as to not upset that process and lore that others follow and to incorporate new players from this server into the story telling.

Also as mentioned before, you don't need to download the PDF file, you can also view the same post from UO.com entitled The PAWS Soulforge...and right click the PDF file and view it in its own tab. There are also in game copies of all the books too at The Library of the Archmage Guildmaster.

If anyone would like to contact me about reading the stories and become up to date with that, then you can message me on Discord at Valkari#4059 or message me through direct messages here on these forums.
To visit either The PAWS Soulforge or The Library of the Archmage Guilmaster in game, the library is located next to the Royal City in Ter Mur and the Soulforge is the star on my avatar in Trammel. There are house teleporters that take you back and forth to either house.

Until the entire story is written it will just be announced here on the Pacific server, as mentioned.

Please enjoy the Sandals of Time (Overview)

Thank you!

Best Regards and Fare Thee Well,

Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Last edited:

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

A new movie short released today and it is one of the many songs that the Avatars of the book series will end up being inspired to write as a poem.
The main character of the book, that of Valkyries will have a movie short for her poem and I might also do the same thing for Dakari much later on.

Here is the movie short entitled: Song of Valkyries

Next release is on Valentine's day, where series 1 will be remastered and become a better foundation for the entire story Sandals of Time

Please enjoy the movie release!
&
Stay tuned for additional content, either books or film

Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific server,

Today is the official release of the remastered version of Sandals of Time series 1 of 6, entitled: The PAWS Soulforge & The Quest For Ladon.

Happy Valentine's day!

&

Please enjoy the first part of the epic fantasy adventure series remastered.

As usual, in game versions of this book will be available upon request and should be in the game by tomorrow. I have a rune book with those persons who are following
the story on the Pacific server and who wanted to be included in the in game delivery of new releases. If you would like to be included in this and are not for some reason,
please contact me in game or via discord: Valkari#4059

This series already had a book event, so that will not be happening this time around. The next official release is scheduled for sometime during the next major in game
UO event, this spring.

That will be series 4 of 6, entitled: Toccata & Feud

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

A minor update

I have made several changes to the recently released remastered version of series 1 and added a new ending to series 2. it was a rather difficult thing for many people to understand the poem used
to unlock the book of virtues as the ending for series two, as I have not released the book called Songs of Virtue. This is intended to be the final book to be released and to show all the winners of the UO book events on the pacific server, then include poems or songs from each character. Some of these songs might be embedded into the stories along the way, but not all.

This also makes much more sense about the poems used in those book events, especially the ending of series 2. So this was changed, to be made more clear and a new scene was added to finish that part of the story off.

In the spirit and the point of this entire thread, as to show every last detail. I don't want to edit the previous posts at all. They are there to show the entire process from start to finish,
but the changes are significant enough to warrant new updates to the both series 1 and 2.

The next release will be this spring for series 4 and I hope then to revisit series 3 so it could have a remastered version in addition.

Please Enjoy!

Best regards and fare thee well.

Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

I have re-written the prelude for series 3, called Cadence of Silence.

The transition from series 1 to 2 and then from 2 to the story about The Rabbit & The Hound, suddenly brings into view, the range and scope of the entire story of Sandals of Time in series 3.
As such, the prelude for this section of the story needs to be founded better, as series 3 is the largest portion of the story.

The movie short: Song of Valkyries is the first prelude done in movie format. The events of this small film take place between series 2 and series 3 and acts as a partial prelude to coming events, both in 3 and in 4.
The second prelude to series 3 is the 4 playlists of songs that describe each kingdom of Sosaria and their signet of significant power.

1) Twisted Embers of Fate (11 tracks)
2) Skull of the Innate Will (12 tracks)
3) Lever of Righteousness (13 tracks)
4) Seal of the Justice Bringer (14 tracks)

To view the music playlists, please scroll up, but the attached write-up, to market the release of series 3, has entirely been reworked.

Please Enjoy the changes!

Series 3 prelude: Cadence of Silence

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

I have been working with the New Magincia player run city, by [Gentle Rest Inn] on the Catskills server to develop a story line that revolves around the epic fantasy adventure book series that I am writing called: Sandals of Time. This new content will manifest into a story house with book events but for anyone on any server, located on the Catskills server.

For this up coming UO event, there will not be a release of series 4 of the story [Sandals of Time] as promised for the Pacific server, not until near the end of the event. I usually have a book event or major movie release for every UO event, but that will be slightly delayed to work in this new project for the community at large.

Once The Tower of Kanos is up and running in a few weeks and the new release of the first story is out for this spin off project created by The PAWS Soulforge production studio, then I will be working on remastering series 3 which should only take a week or so then back to finishing the writing of series 4.

If anyone would like to contact me and join The PAX channel, where The PAWS Soulforge content channel is located, to view all the released material, then send me a Direct message on Stratics or via Discord at Valkari#4059

The Book Events and quests offered on Catskills is for anyone on any server.
The Book Events and quests offered on Pacific is just for Pacific.

==<The Tower of Kanos>==

Located in Felucca New Magincia

This house is a time traveling house with the last Archmage of Atlantis, who is the only keeper of Arcane magic on Sosaria left standing after the Great War. Kanos is not immortal, but he shows up all over time and is from an age of well over a thousand years earlier. Eventually he becomes the highest rank of Arcane arts, known as a Wizard of Time, as he has uncovered the secrets to time and space itself. Over that period from then and now however, his teachings and search for an heir to partake a very dangerous mission, has spread the arcane arts across the realm, at least portions of it. There are many spells that Kanos knows that the world has yet to see.

He is searching for someone, someone who shares an affinity to the ancient dragon Ladon, who might possess an ability for immortality, while also an affinity to water or knowledge, as per the teachings of The Atlantean Inner Circle. So, Kanos begins training the potential Magus of Sosaria, then traveling forward into time and repeating the process. all kinds of students of his discipline go on to do many good and not so well things. Those exploits to a degree will be in the short story [Tower of Kanos] the 5th story to be released in the subset series.

Kanos is specially and directly related to the events of Sandals of Time and is first mentioned in series 3. His search revolves around a hidden purpose and use related to the Skull of the Innate Will that he learns from the only survivors of the Kingdom of Lemuria, a group of 5 priests.

Those who participate with the offered quest events will be able to join the elite group of mages known as The Atlantean Inner Circle. Eventually the work of Kanos will take off into the bridge story after Sandals of Time called
Wizard of Time...but that won't be Kanos...it will be the mage that he finally locates, then trains to be a wizard of time.

As new stories are released, new quests will be offered by Kanos at the tower created in New Magincia. The first quest complete by any character will accept them into The Atlantean Inner circle, while the rest will rank them up. There will be 4 other ranks that a player can be elevated to and a book in the middle of the tower will keep the records of all those who did ascend. Eventually The Wizard of Time could be unlocked. So that means out of the 6 potential quests offered in the future, 5 of them will have to be complete in order to achieve the final rank.

The current plan is to make available The Book of Knowledge written by The Old Ones if the joining quest and all 4 rank quests are completed by a single player. Other rewards for each completion are still pending and being discussed. I might decide to include a likeness of those ascended mages into the story telling of that future project in addition as well.

By the time the short story: Tower of Kanos is released, the entire point of his search will be fully understood, until then it appears that Kanos has been pulled into the realm and at our current state of affairs because of some crystals of unknown power beneath the city of New Magincia. This has trapped him in our current time and for a while or possibly forever. For the moment though, Kanos is unable to proceed further in the future, so while he investigates this oddity, he will continue his search for that magus who he can train to be the heir apparent and vaunted Wizard of Time...like he.

Each insert series that I write will have a new quest on Catskills, at the Tower and given by Archmage Kanos.

**Again: The Tower of Kanos is located in felucca Catskills New Magincia**

Those book subset series of [Sandals of Time] are the following and these will be the book releases that will trigger the new quests offered. This forum post and the PAX discord channel will declare when those events will take place.

1) The Rabbit & The Hound
2) Nightmares: A Love Story
3) Precession of Admiralty
4) The Four Helmsmen
5) The Tower of kanos
6) Honor and The Stone: The First Paladin

On a side note, these insert stories will be part of the official story telling and be included in one of the 6 main story arc book series, but will be expanded upon and made larger.

While those quests will be available on Catskills, it is open to anyone from any server. However, the Pacific book events will of course continue for that server and it is only available to the Pacific server occupants. This is specifically to honor the city of PAWs, the first most significant player run city in all of Ultima Online and that started on the Pacific Server. Pacific is also the home of the L.O.S.E.R.S. guild that was located within the player run city of PAWs and ImaNewbie and his work can be viewed in my signature address. This historically important accounting is the very reason why the book events for the main story arc are to be offered only on Pacific.
---

Bellow are the main story arcs of the book and at the end of each released series, players will have a chance to add to the story telling.
I will post the winners to-date, so you can see the progress and contribution.

I will also include the first two series of the books here, that are already out, so those who would like to evaluate the work or get immersed with the story telling can and in full.

Sandals of Time Book Event

Book Series 1: The PAWS Soulforge & The Quest for Ladon [Book Event] **Winner** Zara
Book Series 2: Star of Zara [Book Event] **Winner** Destiny and Angel
Book Series 3: The Golden Trio [Book Event] **Winner** Lady Charzana
Book Series 4: Toccata and Feud
Book Series 5: Flight of the White Heron
Book Series 6: The Great Library

The next release for either the pacific server or Catskills is a remastered version of Rabbit & The Hound, and this will start the questing process for Kanos on Catskills. So Stay tuned for that new release, because it will be out shortly and in a couple of weeks. This book is written from the perspective of one of the judges of the story, named Saint Valentine.

Below is a picture of the new tower and soon the Archmage himself will make his appearance...

Tower of Kanos.PNG

Eventually this location will be decorated like The PAWS Soulforge is on Pacific server and as time goes on.

Also

The PAWS Soulforge also has a YouTube channel that has 5 videos currently up. I post these usually in their own threads, but they are officially part of the story telling. Two of them are related to these stories directly and share plot that can only be viewed by watching them. The PAWS Soulforge acts not only as a story house on Pacific and point of origin for that story telling, but it is a production studio that releases content. All 5 videos are related to the [Sandals of Time] but two of them have unique content for the story telling as mentioned...

Those two are the following:

Rise of the Archlich: Takes place between series 3 and series 4
Song of Valkyries: Takes place immediately after Series 2

Again: Next release is the Remastered book Rabbit & The Hound in two weeks

Thank you!

Best Regards and fare thee well,

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Last edited:

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

Special insert series 1 of 6
of the book series Sandals of Time is being released today called: The Rabbit & The Hound

I have selected special chapters out of the 6 part book series to expand and create its own mini story. This particular book is written by the character Saint Valentine and takes place during the events of series 2: Star of Zara.
That being said, this story is part of the series 3 special edition that will be out in a month, called: The Golden Trio

Saturday 4/22/23 at noon the quest NPC Archmage Kanos will be at his mage tower called Tower of Kanos to launch the game wide quest event. I have created a special mythology revolving around this quest that uses real mythology to help tell the tale and lay the foundation for the 6 part events.

There will be 6 total events planned and as a player participates and turns in the required materials, they will be added to the Atlantean Inner Circle and given the basic rank of {Magus}
If a player completes 5 out of 6 of these quests, they will become the highest rank and will have a likeness of their character included in the second book series/project planed called Wizards of Time. Each turn in will yield a special reward and along the way.

Also, each quest offered does increase in difficulty and the last event will be extremely difficult, but this progressive chain will be open to anyone, anywhere in the game.

=<**Tower of Kanos**>=
Tower of Kanos (New Magincia).PNG

The quest hub is located in the Gentle Rest Inn community of New Magincia (felucca) on the ((Catskills server))...Use the above picture to find the location in the city. Kanos will be on the first floor of the tower with the light house on the roof.

If there is any assistance required to complete the quest there should be people available to help and the quest will be active for a week.

In game copies of the book of The Rabbit & The Hound will be available at this questing hub on its own vendor and also at The PAWS Soulforge on the Pacific Server.
I should have these out by tomorrow.

Please enjoy the story!
And the Quest

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Last edited:

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

The *NEW* release is up at the Library of the Archmage Guildmaster in Ter Mur
&
On the vendor The Archmage Guildmaster @ The PAWS Soulforge for 50k a box set.

Main Throne room...multi colored books, security set to anyone for those who would like to read the story
Rabbit&Hound1.PNG

Box Sets for sale on this vendor [The Archmage Guildmaster] at The PAWS Soulforge while supplies last
Rabbit&Hound2.PNG

Box Sets are just to cover a fraction of the costs per set
Rabbit&Hound3.PNG

Please enjoy!

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

The First event 1 of 6 called: Thorvald: A wizard of Time

Is live at the Catskills Tower of Kanos.
Say "Greetings" to start the quest, a questing book with a mythology story shows up in your backpack.

If for some reason you don't get a book
or
If you need help collecting the materials message me on discord at Valkari#4059

Location: New Magincia Felucca ((Quest will be active for 7 days))

KanosEvent2.png
Catskills was selected as a neutral location so anyone playing UO can do the quest. Located at the
Gentle Rest Inn Township there, a major roleplaying hub in the game.

6 events offered over the next year, 5 ranks are required to reach the final rank of Wizard of Time and each quest gets harder.

Again message me at Valkari#4059 if you need help collecting the items or have any questions
regarding the mythology, story, plot or how it ties into the overall story being developed.

Hope you enjoy the quest, at the very least you might enjoy the Norse Saga inspired Chapter 1 of
the Tower of Kanos mythology called: Thorvald and The Grove, included in the quest booklet.

Stay tuned for a new movie short to be released near the end of the UO spring event, that introduces Kanos as a
character into the plot/story arc of Sandals of Time. That movie will be worked on after I finish the remastering of Series 3 and releasing that to the public.

Until then...

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Pacific Server,

The first Kanos Event was a big success, thank you for all those who participated.
The Next event 2 of 6, will likely include both the Pacific Server and Catskills both.

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge