• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Parrot Conspiracy! Are YOU part of it?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you are, but don't realise it. Well, we can sort this out!

When I can, I try and add little bits of information to UOGuide... just recently, I've been trying to prove the colouring of Parrots. Fortunately, on Europa someone has the complete Rare set, at least as far as UOGuide was aware. They can be seen at the location, and under the care of the person shown below...

I shall find a way to steal those parrots one day! But for now, thanks to a little piece of code, you can cross check your own parrots against them and see which you have. I had the complete non-rare set and was able to pull the values for them too, and they are scattered about the huge range of normal default colours, as expected.

The Rare however seem to be part of a subset of special colours, what UOGuide believes to be "BOD Colours." I've arranged the colour values for parrots I know about in numerical order, to show that there appears to at least be the potential for more to be discovered;

048a
048d
048e
048f

For those who can't read hexidecimal, there's a gap of 6 between first and second value (0483-0488), and 2 between 3rd and 4th (048b, 048c).

SO WHAT DO YOU, THE PARROT FANCIER HAVE TO DO?

When you check what parrots you've got, if you come across a value that doesn't match those known on UOGuide, can you please post here so it can be added to the list? As well as where you saw it, so I can confirm if it's a truly different colour. It's possible there are no more parrots to be found, but just in case, now I've updated the guide, we can at least check for more.

White Raven

Visitor
UNLEASHED
A pic of the parrots ( all colors would be nice if possible ). Not very much of a comp. person so the numbers don't mean much to me . Maybe a link to that particular section of the UOGuide . Great work by the way . Glad someone is doing this
Thx

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor