• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The old Enticement Skill

• Thread starter Simon Francis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Simon Francis

Would be nice to see this skill created again. Was fun being able to lure NPCs/monsters to follow you. Any chance of this skill being put back in again?

I know it was changed to discordance, but I don't see any reason why it can't come back.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can get this to work with no skill, just pop in and out of bedlam a few times after being attacked.

O

Old Man of UO

Would be nice to see this skill created again. Was fun being able to lure NPCs/monsters to follow you. Any chance of this skill being put back in again?

I know it was changed to discordance, but I don't see any reason why it can't come back.
Can't you do pretty much the same thing with herding? Besides luring and griefing (and sometimes kiting), what's the point?

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way to go. I can see it now; "We wanted to throw a bone at pure melee classes with Dual Wield but after great demand and pressure we are instead re-introducing Enticement." :blushing: :eek:

ALL YOUR FAULT1!!1 ;P

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Theres really no point in Enticing you can just go in war mode and attack whatever you want to follow you.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

maybe just add it to musicianship or peacemaking?

Edgar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't you do pretty much the same thing with herding? Besides luring and griefing (and sometimes kiting), what's the point?
The point was to move things together to provoke. Kinda hard to provoke one thing, unless you plan to provoke it on to yourself.

I would also like to see this skill come back, herding doesnt work.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You don't need to, you can provoke things that are out of range of each other then, if you go in war mode and attack one of them and lure it towards the other they will automatically start fighting when they are in range.

People out of range of the bard when using this method will not see the system message.