• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Nobility?

D

desertskies

Hi,

I just returned to the game from being away for years on end. I was curious if any members of The Nobility are still around? Members that ring off the top of my head .. Wallace (GM?), Smitty (?), KalHeinz ?

I remember their guildhouse area was just east of the Minoc newbie mines.

I didn't play for nearly as long as they did, I just thought they were a great group of people...Curious if any of them are still around.

Thanks.

D

DaphneJoan

Wallace stopped playing a few months ago. He had health issues with his vision and he may not be coming back to the game. His son stopped playing a couple years ago. I do not know if any of the other members are around at all.

S

ShaneEstep

Hello, this is KalHeinz, who are you? I think I'm the only noble left and have been for quite some time. Haven't seen Wally for awhile but I talk to his son regularly through email. I ran into Smitty about a year and a half ago but he was still busy with his work. Drop me a line anytime, its always a pleasure to speak with old companions. Safe journeys my friend.

Gibber

Visitor
Hello, this is KalHeinz, who are you? I think I'm the only noble left and have been for quite some time. Haven't seen Wally for awhile but I talk to his son regularly through email. I ran into Smitty about a year and a half ago but he was still busy with his work. Drop me a line anytime, its always a pleasure to speak with old companions. Safe journeys my friend.
Well Damn. It looks like I'm 8 years too late like usual.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Damn. It looks like I'm 8 years too late like usual.
Wow, I remember that shield and standard in your user pic. I was in The Nobility, under Klar Elbon and SilverThorne. I helped draft the guild's constitution and became the first Kal In Ort. So many long nights in IRC, drafting that work of art with the High Council. Klar was the first person I met in the game, and minutes later I was introduced to the world of the Nobility, and he and SilverThorne subsequently became good friends that I would talk to on IRC and the phone all hours of the night. I once went to SilverThorne's dad's house, who lived in my area and built a computer for me when mine blew up while playing UO. I brought cash, but he gave it to me for free. Wish I'd stayed in touch, but real life put its tendrils around me--in large part because of UO--and led me away to college. Boy do I have stories.

It's been a long time, but I still remember a bunch of guildmates, Wallace, Austin, SteelEye, Autumn, Tygaran, cCon, ColdRain, Boathouse, Drizzt, and many others. Lots of good memories, and some bad, and some really bad. I was there the night the Black Company splintered off from TN. And I had the whole guild village's keys stolen from me one time; we had to negotiate a sizable ransom to get them back, but Klar and SilverThorne weren't having it when I wanted to beat myself up over it. I also remember the Cap & Dagger's premier, and fun with cornering ore markets when the game was programmed more cruelly.

I've come back to UO many, many times since then; but as a video game, a dungeon crawl, a time-waster, which is really as it should be in my case. I've never been able to find the Britannia that sucked me in and felt so real, and now it's been years, too, since I pretended that I ever could again.

Gibber

Visitor
Hey Hannes, good to see a name from the beginning.

Wow, I remember that shield and standard in your user pic. I was in The Nobility, under Klar Elbon and SilverThorne. I helped draft the guild's constitution and became the first Kal In Ort.
Speaking of the Constitution, I uploaded draft proposal #1 of it if you want a blast from the past.

You probably don't remember me well, if at all. I started playing UO & joined The Nobility on the third week of UO's release, but I was young at the time and didn't talk in IRC much. I think my brother, Gyb'Ere, held the title Vas Flam early on and he also helped a lot with the constitution (which is why I have this copy).

I once went to SilverThorne's dad's house, who lived in my area and built a computer for me when mine blew up while playing UO. I brought cash, but he gave it to me for free.
I think I remember SilverThorne mentioning this once. I dated SilverThorne and Klars daughter for a few years and spent several weeks at their house because of it. It's interesting to think of the impact that those two, and the guild, had on our lives.

I stopped playing UO in 2004-2005, and at that point The Nobility was no more than a handful of us that were still in the chat channel. In fact, at that point I had gave in and was wearing the [BC] tag so I could go on champion runs, all while mainly hanging out with Wallace and KalHeinz at the end of it all.

I recently gave in to the nostalgia and tried to reclaim my accounts, but failed. I'm fairly certain I gave my accounts over to Wallace and he must have changed the personal details on them, so I'm not able to reclaim them as my own. So Wallace, if you ever read this, PM me yo.

Thanks for the reply Hannes. It was a shock to see some activity.

Attachments

Armorz

Visitor
Wow, I can't believe this conversation is around! I was in The Nobility when I first started playing UO, before any Xpac. I recently have tried to reclaim my accounts and failed as well. Who would remember all those old email accounts so long ago! I do remember both Gyb'Ere and Gibber. I was very young myself at the time, and my brother, Fyreeyes if i can remember,had introduced me to TN

Gibber

Visitor
Heya Armorz, it's been a long time ;)
I was was walking through an old storage shed yesterday and in an open box, staring right at me, was my old T2A CD case with the upgrade key. So it looks like I may be logging in again after all.

Armorz

Visitor
Oooooo. I was unable to recover my original account, but I did find a 7th anniversary edition I bought around 200x. I wonder if i can recover that one. Let me know if you do log in!

I'm currently playing Shroud of the Avatar, hopefully UO's successor under my newer online handle Hoofz

Gibber

Visitor
Oooooo. I was unable to recover my original account, but I did find a 7th anniversary edition I bought around 200x. I wonder if i can recover that one. Let me know if you do log in!

I'm currently playing Shroud of the Avatar, hopefully UO's successor under my newer online handle Hoofz
I ended up getting logged in after all. I put a house down and am killing some stuff with my tamer occasionally as real life allows it. I had played up till about Mondains Legacy so thankfully my tamer/bard isn't too behind the times. I haven't done any of the new stuff yet though.

I remember seeing SOTA a couple years ago and I flipped out and ALMOST immediately started throwing money at it. I ended up resisting that one though. I haven't checked up on it lately though, so are you enjoying it?

Armorz

Visitor
SOTA is pretty fun. It's very much like UO 2.0 but in 3D. It has lost some of the sandbox feeling due to the ability to pledge for housing at the moment etc. It very much feels like Ultima meets UO.

Theros

Visitor
holy crap i was just viewing shroud of the avatar and thought of you guys :] I was in the nobility braught in through drizzt! sup kal :] sup klar, sup gibber! sorry to hear about wallace.....

would you all be interested in starting up in shroud? i know im very interested in it, and it looks like it could be very good!

Malforce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lots of good times at the Cap & Dagger, Smythe made that a lot of fun. Good to see everyone on here still

Gibber

Visitor
Hi Theros, been a long time :)

I've managed to get fully sucked back into UO so no SOTA for me. It did look promising when I looked at it last though.

Tell Drizzt hi for me if you still ever talk to him. I haven't talked to him in years.

Also, let it be officially recorded that the T^N guildstone was reclaimed by my brother Gyb'Ere. A couple of our characters were still guilded with high enough rank so that we were able to forcefully re-elect my brother as the leader.

Gyb

Visitor
An update for 2020! This is Gyb'Ere, the first Vas Flam and more or less founding member. I discovered this thread with the magic of Google, so I assume future people will as well. There are still people from the original Nobility playing as of this posting. I can be contacted at [email protected] Yes a hotmail address in 2020. That's how you know I'm legit.

Also, as of this date, if you go to our shard and our traditional lands, we hold a house there and you will find a bulletin board and mailbox where you can leave a message.