• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Ninja Forum Bug and Suggestion Thread Updated 11/25

G

<font color=blue>This is the bug thread for us ninjas. I suppose any bugs you find you can put in here. I'll keep this first post updated with bugs that you find. If this works well enough, I may do it on U.Hall. If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me or zig</font color=blue>

BUGS:
<ul>[*]When in animal form, any mirror images you make are attackable by anyone (at least under the Felucca ruleset).
[*]After having done a Shadow Jump, you can't use the Hiding skill for 20-30 seconds.
[*]Monsters never target mirror images, they always target my char.
[*]How could they know which one is real?? The reasonable action should like this, they were confused by mirror images then random target one of us.
[*]In Animal Form you are killable by every player in felucca without any chance of counting him because you get grey.
[*]You have to load the darts then unload them so you have a pile of 10 darts, then you have to poison them and reload the darts. Just with this way you get the whole charges of poison. If you poison a great pile of darts you only get one charge poison if you reload.
[*]Same with shuriken, first load a complete belt, then unload. So you get 1 shuriken with 10 charges insted of 2. Then you can poison the shuriken.
[*]The only bug i have encountered is with shadow jump... "you are busy doing something else."
[*]Loading and unloading darts and shurikens to get a single one with 10 charges.
[*]If you attack a Red/Grey player in the guard zone while having a mirror image in human form, you then call guards and the player you attacked will be guardwhacked
[*]If you try to hide while in line of sight, for some reason you are forced to wait the hiding skill timer before being able to use smoke bombs... but if you just break the line of sight and hide, no problem, there's no skill timer there!
[*]When using ninja abilities [eg death strike] you can miss, but still use the mana, unlike special moves.
[*]Mirror images of a faction members are not able to cross the boundary at the edge of faction strongholds.
[*]Cannot shadowjump near houses, have to click at least 5 tiles away from any house.
[*]If you use a hotkey to change form(animal form) while running it automatically tries to change into the last form you changed into. But if you no longer have enough skill to change into that form it still will allow you to change into it. I.E. if you have 99.5 ninj(me) an you use a piece of jewlery to raise it to 100 then change into Unicorn and then take off the jewlery, the next time you use the animal form hotkey while running forward you can still change into a unicorn even though you do not have 100 ninj.
[*]When your backpack is full and you attempt to "Unload Ninja Belt," you lose all shurikens from the belt, as they cannot fit in your backpack. They do not drop to the ground, they merely vanish.
[*]If you use shadow jump and click a monster instead of the ground, you'll go grey
[*]Shadow Jump has the same problem that Teleport does: the game doesn't seem to believe that a character can see over a hill or into a depression that would only be a few inches change in elevation. An object less than half the size of character--like small rock in a dungeon--should not obstruct his or her sight.
[*]There's a bug with wolf form, when you cross a server line you lose 20 hit points
[/list]

<font color=006400>Suggestions
<ul>[*]When not wearing the ninja belt, it should still be possible to double-click it to load shurikens.
[*]The ninja belt should be given a "load all" context menu option, it's tedious and time-wasting to load 10 shurikens one by one.
[*]Stealth messages (fail/success) should be displayed above the character, just like the Hiding messages (and preferably in the same blue/red colors as well). I don't want to have to keep one eye on the lower left corner when the action takes place in the middle of the screen. Besides, a stealth failure is just as bad as a Hiding failure, and therefore just as deserving of a red above-character alert message.
[*]When activating Surprise Attack or Backstab, the character should automatically go into war mode (if it is not already).
[*]An in-game macro to activate the shuriken belt would be great (right now, I don't bother using shurikens, partially because I'd have to lose my precious bandages from the LastObject memory)...
[*]Please make smoke bombs stackable. They are not hard to come by and all that happends with them being non-stackable is a lot of individual items in the world eating server space/housing space.
[*]Make Shiruken Stackable. Change the poisoning rules for them so that instead of poisoning a set amount, poison as much shiruken as the poison would normally give charges on a weapon. In the case of deadly poison: 12.
If this makes it overpowered, half the amount of shiruken u can poison compared to the amount of charges this poison normally receives. Thank you!
[*]Break apart the spell Animal Form to individual form-spells like with necromancy so that when running you can switch from stealthy rabbit to quick ostard without that annoying choice menu.
[*]Having to use a ninja belt to throw the throwing stars is a hassle. Just let us double click them to throw them and eliminate all this hassle of the belt.
[*]Is it intended for mirror images to follow the original while in stealth mode? This thing makes hidden / stealth player's location easily known. Any chance we can order mirror images to stay, or follow via context menu.
[*]Also, ninja's are known for lurking in the dark. Allow night sight with players with ninjitsu. The higher the ninjitsu, the higher the night sight.
[*]Make snake and frog form poison bump up a tier based on 80% of ninja skill.
[*]At 100 ninjitsu, they remove the limitation of not being able to use ninjitsu skills while in animal form. Therefore there's a reason to go above 85.
[*]Since honor virtue is basically a blessing for a samurai, spirituality virtue should be for a ninja. Those that seek the path of spirituality may be able to use combat moves with reduce usage of mana. Therefore a 3rd level Spiritual Knight would have 75% lmc, 2nd level 50% lmc, 1st level 25% lmc. How does one begin the spirituality virtue ... target a shrine ... he will lose mana and it cannot be regained for a given amount of time, depending on what level he is [Level 1 = 10 minutes, Level 2 = 20 minutes, Level 3 = 30 minutes. Like the compassion virtue, spirituality virtue gains will be limited to 5 per day. Decay rate is lessen, if the player has 100 ninjitsu.
[*]I would also like to be able to use magery while in ninja forms. It would be great to cast spells while running around as a llama.
[*]Reassign the mana values for ninjitsu spells. Mana usage should scale with skill requirements; it makes no sense that Backstab should require 30 mana and 20% skill while the Ki Attack requires only 25 mana and 80% skill

[/list]
</font color=006400>

L

Lyria

BUGS:
* When in animal form, any mirror images you make are attackable by anyone (at least under the Felucca ruleset).
* After having done a Shadow Jump, you can't use the Hiding skill for 20-30 seconds.

ISSUES:
* When not wearing the ninja belt, it should still be possible to double-click it to load shurikens.
* The ninja belt should be given a "load all" context menu option, it's tedious and time-wasting to load 10 shurikens one by one.
* Stealth messages (fail/success) should be displayed above the character, just like the Hiding messages (and preferably in the same blue/red colors as well). I don't want to have to keep one eye on the lower left corner when the action takes place in the middle of the screen. Besides, a stealth failure is just as bad as a Hiding failure, and therefore just as deserving of a red above-character alert message.
* When activating Surprise Attack or Backstab, the character should automatically go into war mode (if it is not already).
* An in-game macro to activate the shuriken belt would be great (right now, I don't bother using shurikens, partially because I'd have to lose my precious bandages from the LastObject memory)...

E

Enif

Monsters never target mirror images, they always target my char.
How could they know which one is real?? The reasonable action should like this,
they were confused by mirror images then random target one of us.

G

-In Animal Form you are killable by every player in felucca without any chance of counting him because you get grey.

- You have to load the darts then unload them so you have a pile of 10 darts, then you have to poison them and reload the darts. Just with this way you get the whole charges of poison. If you poison a great pile of darts you only get one charge poison if you reload.

-Same with shuriken, first load a complete belt, then unload. So you get 1 shuriken with 10 charges insted of 2. Then you can poison the shuriken.

S

Shadow1980

Suggestion: Please make smoke bombs stackable. They are not hard to come by and all that happends with them being non-stackable is a lot of individual items in the world eating server space/housing space.

Suggestion: Make Shiruken Stackable. Change the poisoning rules for them so that instead of poisoning a set amount, poison as much shiruken as the poison would normally give charges on a weapon. In the case of deadly poison: 12.
If this makes it overpowered, half the amount of shiruken u can poison compared to the amount of charges this poison normally receives. Thank you!

L

Lord Dexter

the only bug i have encountered is with shadow jump... "you are busy doing something esle."

loading and unloading darts and shurikens to get a single one with 10 charges.

the other stuff are not bugs: polymorph has always made chars attackable in Fel... mirror images are not supposed to distract monsters... they are supposed to be attackable by anyone... shurikens, darts, and smoke bombs are not supposed to be stackable.

they may be things youd like to see changed, but they are not "bugs."

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that's actually partially the reason for this thread... Bugs and things we'd like to see changed, or at least that was what I intended for it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

But you're right, some of the things mentioned probably aren't bugs, but were intended.

Yes, Polymorph has always turned you grey, but Mages don't use Polymorph as a main ability either, Ninjas do... If the code has to be changed for Mages to make the Ninja not turn grey when in forms, then so be it. I dont' see the harm in that.

The way Fukiya/Darts and Shuriken and how they react to Poison and missing is all screwy, not to mention the tedious nature of loading them, all as previous posters have mentioned.

I also agree with making Smoke/Egg Bombs stackable... I think by their nature Fukiya Darts and Shuriken would be very hard to make stackable. Normally things that you poison lose their item ID when put into a stack, and also lose their poison. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I know it's a nightmare to code... I'm actually suprised they were able to pull it off at all. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

E

Epic_ignorance

BUG: If you attack a Red/Grey player in the guard zone while having a mirror image in human form, you then call guards and the player you attacked will be guardwhacked!

T

trainwr3ck

If you're in a guild, mirror images will take your name but not your guild tag, making it easy to distinguish you from your mirror images. They also have generic names for clothing and weapons on their paperdoll i.e. you have an exceptional cloth ninja hood with resists and what not, it will just say cloth ninja hood without any additional information. The paperdoll thing isn't a big deal because hardly anyone is going to open up your mirror image's paperdoll. But the guild thing is because mirror image is supposed to be for confusing your enemies. Fix it so that they show guild tags as well.

I

Interficio

break apart the spell Animal Form to individual form-spells like with necromancy so that when running you can switch from stealthy rabbit to quick ostard without that annoying choice menu... I hate choice menus!

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"break apart the spell Animal Form to individual form-spells like with necromancy so that when running you can switch from stealthy rabbit to quick ostard without that annoying choice menu... I hate choice menus!"

Yeah they should have done it that way in the first place... It's sort of hard to make a macro for, or to use without macros on the fly... I know, I almost died because I couldn't switch forms fast enough... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another bug, an HORRIBLE one.

If you try to hide, but you can't make it because you are in line of sight, you are supposed to use a smoke bomb. Fat chance.

If you try to hide while in line of sight, for some reason you are forced to wait the hiding skill timer before being able to use smoke bombs... but if you just break the line of sight and hide, no problem, there's no skill timer there!

So smoke bombs work perfectly.... when you have no need to use them.
Unless you never try to hit the hide macro, and use only smoke bombs to hide (how many smoke bombs should I have in my backpack given the rate I hide from combat? 20? 50?)...

W

Wyrdling

Well... This isnt really a bug with ninjutsu as such, but its a ninja bug still... Although a small one... It is possible to do the ninja newbie quest several times, which isnt really that big a deal, but its a quick and easy 10 extra lesser heal pots each time, and a magical trinket at the end...

U

uohamster

Having to use a ninja belt to throw the throwing stars is a hassle. Just let us double click them to throw them and eliminate all this hassle of the belt.

CONTEXT MENUS STINK

U

uohamster

I can't stand the animal form menu. It gets in the way. Let us select our form with a keyboard macro instead of the menu if we so choose.

L

Lyria

On the topic of becoming grey in Animal Form, I can add in that it doesn't seem to apply to all facets on Siege Perilous - I was blue in Tokuno, but apparently I was grey in Felucca (as I discovered at a cost of exactly one piece of equipment (my thanks to the Siege Professionals for me not being drylooted), a little time and my ability to sleep for the next half hour like I had intended/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif), despite both having a "PvP+" ruleset on the new server.

If Animal Form is supposed to make you go gray all the time, it should be so for all facets on Siege Perilous (otherwise people will get fooled into a false sense of security, should they play a lot on the Tokuno server before proceeding to Felucca).

J

Jason I

I do not know if it is by design, but when using ninja abilities [eg death strike] you can miss, but still use the mana, unlike special moves.

L

Lord Dexter

i feel ya!

i dont like my mage turning grey on polymorph! change it for both of us! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

i dont see why smokebombs or dart/stars cant be stackable...

we were always told that it would work for potions because each potion has its info stored inside it when its made. so it a potion is gonna heal you for 20hp, that was determined when the alchemist ground it.

i never fully bought this because they could always make the other potions stackable... night sight and greater refresh have the same effects all the time.

anyway, what im saying is i dont see that excuse for smoke bombs or darts, so make them stackable! (especially for poisoning purposes!)

A

ASP[2004]

Is it intended for mirror images to follow the original while in stealth mode? This thing makes hidden / stealth player's location easily known. Any chance we can order mirror images to stay, or follow via context menu.

Also, ninja's are known for lurking in the dark. Allow night sight with players with ninjitsu. The higher the ninjitsu, the higher the night sight.

L

Lord Dexter

make snake and frog form poison bump up a tier based on 80% of ninja skill.

im not asking for free lethal or deadly poison here, just a littlw something.

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Is it intended for mirror images to follow the original while in stealth mode? This thing makes hidden / stealth player's location easily known. Any chance we can order mirror images to stay, or follow via context menu."

I agree, but that would be tricky to impliment... I hate menus for things relating to combat skills...

G

Gorin

Mirror images of a faction members are not able to cross the boundary at the edge of faction strongholds.

L

Lord Dexter

i have a suggestion for all aspiring and current ninjas:

learn some patience.

patience isnt a virtue in UO, but it needs to be for a ninja.

the ninja is a difficult character to play. take some time to learn how all your skills and abilities work in all different situations. Learn their weak points.

pratice your skills... everything we have has a practical use if you use your head. put all the peices together and we can do anything and go anywhere (in color!) in this game.

oh, and dont blame the designers because you cant figure the character out in one sitting.

thats my suggestion, not for EA, but for you.

oh, and have fun!

M

Malikar

Bug: Cannot shadowjump near houses, have to click at least 5 tiles away from any house.

G

Place marker so I know where to start from next time.

How is everyone liking this thread? I'm sending an email to EA this morning so hopefully they'll look at it and maybe throw some comments in here.

T

Takshaka

Ok this bug isnt on the first post... so I am going to assume that it isnt in the thread either, but if it is I apologize.

If you use a hotkey to change form(animal form) while running it automatically tries to change into the last form you changed into. But if you no longer have enough skill to change into that form it still will allow you to change into it. I.E. if you have 99.5 ninj(me) an you use a piece of jewlery to raise it to 100 then change into Unicorn and then take off the jewlery, the next time you use the animal form hotkey while running forward you can still change into a unicorn even though you do not have 100 ninj.

L

Llyrwech

VERY BAD BUG just I just found on the test shard. When your backpack is full and you attempt to "Unload Ninja Belt," you lose all shurikens from the belt, as they cannot fit in your backpack. They do not drop to the ground, they merely vanish.

This could lead to quite a bit of unrest.

Safe journeys,
~Llyrwech

T

Takshaka

BUG: The delayed damage from death strike reveals you if hidden.

I assume this is a bug because it was made so that poison dmg does not reveal you.

M

Malikar

Bug: If you use shadow jump and click a monster instead of the ground, you'll go grey.

A

ASP[2004]

Suggestion:

At 100 ninjitsu, they remove the limitation of not being able to use ninjitsu skills while in animal form. Therefore there's a reason to go above 85.

-or-

Since honor virtue is basically a blessing for a samurai, spirituality virtue should be for a ninja. Those that seek the path of spirituality may be able to use combat moves with reduce usage of mana. Therefore a 3rd level Spiritual Knight would have 75% lmc, 2nd level 50% lmc, 1st level 25% lmc. How does one begin the spirituality virtue ... target a shrine ... he will lose mana and it cannot be regained for a given amount of time, depending on what level he is [Level 1 = 10 minutes, Level 2 = 20 minutes, Level 3 = 30 minutes. Like the compassion virtue, spirituality virtue gains will be limited to 5 per day. Decay rate is lessen, if the player has 100 ninjitsu. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

U

uohamster

I would also like to be able to use magery while in ninja forms. It would be great to cast spells while running around as a llama. =)

G

Bugs:

-Shadow Jump has the same problem that Teleport does: the game doesn't seem to believe that a character can see over a hill or into a depression that would only be a few inches change in elevation. An object less than half the size of character--like small rock in a dungeon--should not obstruct his or her sight.

Suggestions:

-Reassign the mana values for ninjitsu spells. Mana usage should scale with skill requirements; it makes no sense that Backstab should require 30 mana and 20% skill while the Ki Attack requires only 25 mana and 80% skill.

-Shruiken and fukia darts should be stackable normally (instead of having to load and unload a belt or fukia tube to make a stack).

-Allow the ninja to perform combination moves that pair ninja attack moves with normal weapon abilities. To compensate, decrease the chance of the ninja successfully hitting or successfully performing the desired ninja attack move.

-If a mage can turn into a chicken and still have access to his skills, a ninja should be allowed that too. A ninja's ability to cast spells and use items in animal form should be comparable to a mage's ability to do the same under the effects of the Polymorph spell. As a trade-off, ninjas should go grey when they are in animal form (as mages do when they polymorph).

L

Lyria

One suggestion I haven't seen made yet (though I could've missed it when I checked):

Having the Poisoning skill should have the same chance of improving snake form poison +1 step as it has to improve infectious strike poison +1 step.
(the frog form should not receive this ability, since the frog poison is a passive defense that works against multiple targets at the same time)

G

Didn't see this in the thread, but there's a bug with wolf form, when you cross a server line you lose 20 hit points.

G

That's a sucky bug. I put it in the list.

btw, next week i'll email the devs with the updated list.

p.s. placemarker number 3 i presume

A

ASP[2004]

Bug:

2d ... ninja pants have holes in it. I can see between my legs when I squat and run. Any chance we can get a pants without holes. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

I strongly disagree with ninjitsu giving a bonus to the poisoning level of serpent/frog forms, I play a ninja/assassin and I deal with poison alot, almost gm poisoning, I think the poison level should be based on the characters POISONING skill. Thats how it works with monsters right? the higher thier poisoning, the higher the level of poison they inflict. I was dissapointed when I first shapeshifted into a serpent with my master poisoner and found I could only inflict lesser poison! Then again, maybe Ninjitsu should have SOME effect on the level of poison, maybe up it by one level at 100 ninjitsu, but I still feel poisoning should greatly effect the level of poison.
Just my opinion.

G

Holy pants? Sounds like something for the Paladins /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

E

Ember

I died to another player last night. No biggie. But when I rezzed I noticed I had my Ninja belt and blowgun. Apparently I had insured them. Problem is, I had just reloaded both; full charges of 10. I used one shuriken during my fight, but when I rezzed the belt had 2 shuriken loaded, and the pipe had one dart.

It's the first time my ninja has died and i don't remember insuring the items or what their status was at the time. There were no extra shuriken or darts on my body when I looted it. Only thing missing, prolly taken by the other player, were my bolas and a cure potion. (He was having probs curing the shuriken's poison.)

I

imported_sbom

No animal form allowed while in disguise?? (thief-ninja)

Talon strike: extra damage over time…did not see that??

Why no ss in animal form?

P

Pakachoag

I just started a new ninja skill on a char with 0 skill in it. According to spell book, I should be able to cast animal form at 0 skill level. First attempt, I get the screen giving me rat and rabbit options. Attempt to cast, get message saying 20 skill required. All other attempts and can not even get option screen, just 20 skill point warning. Dropped book and picked up again to reequip, but still just message. Is the book description in error, or this a bug?

M

Myreuki

NEW BUG:

I found after reaching Ka-ge ninja(legendary) that here on great lakes a successfull death strike only dealt 15 damage each time. I tested this many times with many monster/people with different resists

~Myreuki - Soke, The Blue Lotus

D

DougDW61

That's all it does given the sticky threads formula. If you hit your opponent with death strike at 120 ninjitsu, and he does not move, he will take 15 points of damage. If he does move, he will take 40 points of damage.

Remeber that when you use deathstrike, your initial hit is halved!

Let me do the math with 120 ninjitsu.

Let's say you could hit your opponent with 50 damage using armor pierce.
Let's say w/o AP, your damage is say 30.
Your damage using DS would be 15.
If he moves, total damage would be 55 after 5 seconds.
If he freezes, total damage would be 30 after 5 seconds.

So we can see that simply hitting your target twice with armor Peirce will give you better damage more consistantly. AP uses lots lesss mana than DS does. For most dex based characters, they will not have enough mana to pull off two DS's or even a DS and then an AP after the 3 second timer is up. But they will have enough mana to pull off two APs in 3 seconds.

So again, waht real good is ninjitsu? Well, you can run and stealth and then teleport away from "reveal" IF you can run away. If your opponent is not lagging, you'll never run away enough to hide and stealth.

I don't get ninjitsu at all. It seems useless to me.

I tested bullfrog form the other night, and everytime you get hit at close range, your opponent is infected with a low level poison. That's cool, but you can't use specials in form. I'm ambivalent at this point.

K

Keiryan

I have 120 Ninjitsu, and I summoned Mirror Images to prove that my archer friend couldn't hit me...but whenever I deflected the attacks from him, my mirror images wouldn't disappear/die. Someone might want to look into this to see if maybe I'm just bugged or something but it seems that my mirror images are unkillable by deflected arrows =\. (Avoiding LS ftw bwahahaha)