• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] The new UI and Pinco's current UI

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Pinco Will your current UI still work as it does Now, after the new Default is released? If not when can we expect a release of a new pinco UI? I ask these questions now and here on the forum because I am sure I will get asked this many time and would like to have people be prepared for what is to come!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Will your current UI still work as it does Now, after the new Default is released? If not when can we expect a release of a new pinco UI? I ask these questions now and here on the forum because I am sure I will get asked this many time and would like to have people be prepared for what is to come!
The current UI will NOT work and it's best to make a backup of your current character profiles and start over with a new one (on the new default UI). EC Profile Manager will allow you to copy the macros (don't copy anything else because it will just make the new profile heavy for nothing).

My new UI (Pinco's UI 6.0), will be released after the new default, I can't give you an eta because right now I still have some of the biggest system to remake and those may require some time, especially because I want to make sure that the new default is stable. Since the new default will be the base of the Pinco's UI 6.0, using an unstable base would be unwise.
Besides the current UI it's the result of 5 years of fixes and additions, and now I had to re-make almost everything, so you can imagine why it takes some time :D
Anyway there will be a TODO features list that you will be able to check so you can follow the progress, but in the meantime I welcome any suggestion for new features.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the new default UI arrives will I need to uninstall / remove your current UI ? Or can I just change my client to run on "default".

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a quite big client patch today. I'm using the current Pinco UI and when I drag a players health bar out and they leave the screen the bar disappears :-(

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Awesome thanks @Pinco I will post updates from your todo list here so people can follow the progress!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the new default UI arrives will I need to uninstall / remove your current UI ? Or can I just change my client to run on "default".
just switch to default, my UI patcher will do the update when the new version is released :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just switch to default, my UI patcher will do the update when the new version is released :p
Awesome! So your new UI will just come via an update of the old one? I don't need to uninstall anything? Also I should delete my character profiles?

By the way Pinco thanks for all the hard work. I can't wait to see what you have been working on!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! So your new UI will just come via an update of the old one? I don't need to uninstall anything? Also I should delete my character profiles?

By the way Pinco thanks for all the hard work. I can't wait to see what you have been working on!
yes, the updater will take care of everything, you'll just have to create new character profiles because the old one will be filled with useless informations. You can keep the old profiles as backup for now so when I have the time I will update the EC profile manager allowing it to import the old settings properly...