• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new Super Dragons

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to spend some quality time in Destard this evening. I solo'd a couple of the buffed dragons and only got a few extra gems and maybe 400-600 more gold from what I could tell. It was total chaos at Destard but I'm pretty sure I got all the hits in on at least two.

I was on my pally archer with a Horselord bow. Usually he can take out dragons in 4-5 hits with EoE and Cons but the super dragons took many many hits. Even doing over 100 points per hit it took a good chunck of time. Add to this the Drakes and Wyvern... it makes for a very challenging hunt.

I was trying to figure out if there was any way to tell the difference between regular and super dragons but couldn't. Until you get hit by one then you know. They do teleport around a LOT when they are dying. They jump right on top of you when they do. They hit for a lot of damage too. Sometimes pretty quick combos. I died a few times, then learned to run and heal after the first hit. Standing around and waiting for the bandies to kick in while you continue to fight may not be a good idea unless you are a very fast healer.

It also seems that if you have EOE on a Super Dragon, the regular dragons aren't covered by this. I noticed more than once that the dragon I was fighting showed orange but some others did not.

The spawn was incredible. Usually the population in Destard gets wiped out pretty fast but even with about 8-12 warriors/mages and tamers running around the spawn was keeping up very well.

It's a lot of fun but I wonder if the novelty will wear off. Going into Destard alone is probably no longer an option. Even a tailor just wishing to run around and collect leather will be in great peril if one of the Super Dragons gets a hold of him. I barely had time to grab the gold and gems off the ones I killed. Usually I trim the leather and leave it for the tailors, but probably not any more.

Safe Travels, Sam

** I went back later and folks were getting gelatanous skulls and torsos from them as loot. They are on a decay timer so I wonder what they are used for. Any ideas?

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No sir, both of my top Dragon hunters are still in the infirmary and it's become difficult to recruit any volunteers for any foray deeper into the dungeon. Even Armsman Pug, grumbles about needing the grip on his Dragon Slayer mace re-wrapped before heading into Destard again.

Perhaps Lord Raven will be able to talk one of his Ninja associates into doing a reconnaissance, firing a couple test bolts into the beast to gauge damage. His Ninja Archer associates seem quite brave and are always willing to check out new places in advance of the rest of the warriors. Of course they can always sneak back to retrieve their bodies... not an option for a swordsman in full platemail.

I shall keep you appraised of any new information.

** Heres some additional info ** added 2/16

Pally/Archer with 70/70/62/70/70 took 90+ points damage from a single spell combo. He's able to do about 90ish damage to them with a Horselord/EOE/Cons.

Safe Travels, Sam