• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new "i've passed icon"

• Thread starter Sarcatstic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sarcatstic

After reading the new update notes it would seem passing could cause you to not get credit on a task.

Lets say you run a factory to get a suit part or for a task and the other three fog on the forman and you dont have sound and just pass. It may mean that you dont get to count that factory?

I'll try this today and see if i get merits for the factory but not for the four cogs at the forman.

I like this change "no play no pay" works for me

C

Crazy Fireball

Alot of people hate it, but i like it. if you dont do the work, why should you get the credit?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it. But really, one could just pick squirt when the rest sound and they didn't pass, still didn't do anything and get credit. Right?

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont mind that rule. It just make it where i have to wait till i am 25 laff on all my toons to get their suit parts for sellbot.

I would say that as long as you use some gags you get credit. I used at least two gags in sellbot factory using my little uber at 34 laff.

C

Crazy Fireball

Trish - You get credit as long as you use a doodle or pick a gag.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then nothing has really changed with the freeloaders in the factory, except they will take MORE of our time by calling their doodle.

C

Crazy Fireball

Then nothing has really changed with the freeloaders in the factory, except they will take MORE of our time by calling their doodle.
If something is repetitive like that, they shouldnt get cruedit.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not? Trunk, trunk, trunk trunk trunk.... Sounders won't get credit either?

C

Crazy Fireball

Why not? Trunk, trunk, trunk trunk trunk.... Sounders won't get credit either?
No i mean like for Doodles, like, pass two times, no credit, call doodles two times, no credit.

Not normal gags.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. like I originally said.. squirting flower every round, they never get to use it, they didn't pass, they're still freeloading. Got it.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

When one of my toons was just a wee little thing, a friend and I would go into the factory and train my gags. He needed merits and cogs. He would lure, and I would slowly take the cogs. He would tune me as needed but certainly not every cog, especially as I got stronger. He could hardly be considered free loading, but would he not get merits or credit anymore for the cogs I killed by myself? It would kind of stink if that were the case. I have also taken 2 toons into a bldg with friends. The big one would be "insurance" but didnt do much except tune when needed. The others would work gags. Again, that big toon was not free loading because she helped when needed and made sure the others got out of there, smiles intact! It doesnt seem fair to not get credit for the cogs or possibly the merits etc. in this case. I guess sometimes helping a smaller toon requires you to "pass" so they can work more.

I guess I usually factory with friends and have only run into a freeloader once or twice. I am sure I would have a different opinion if I got burned alot by this. I have run into more toons that get their kicks from killing the foreman before anyone else can get there. Like everything else in life, there is good and bad about every change, huh? LOL

Z

ZippyW

I'm not sure I consider it "freeloading." That would mean that every toon better have sound or they are freeloaders at one point or another. You ready to give everyone without sound that label? I guess the ubers who go for 4 gags and choose drop or lure (I have one that is toon up, lure, cake, squirt) are also "freeloaders." I never just pass, myself. Just makes me think even more that you should ONLY play with friends.

S

Sarcatstic

The following was copied with permission from the original poster.

Le Chat Noir did the following tests and posted results on toontownhall.

..............................................................................................

CASE 1
did 2 story building (2 toons)
toon 1 called doodle every turn
toon 2 took out all cogs
both toons got credit for cogs(toontask)
both toons got credit for options
toon 2 got credit for gags

CASE 2
toon 1 let timer run out each turn
toon 1 got NO credit for cogs (toontask)

CASE 3
did 3 story building (2 toons)
toon 1 passed all turns
toon 1 got NO credit for cogs (toontask)

CASE 4
toon 1 passed once
both toons got credit for gags
both got credit for cogs (toontask)
both got credit for options

CASE 5
toon 1 passed twice

CASE 6
toon 1 passed three times

CASE 7
toon 1 passed four times, hit one cog

CASE 8
did 3 story building (2 toons)
toon 1 passed 10 times, hit one cog

Conclusions thus far:
1. Calling your doodle is as good as choosing a gag
2. Letting the timer run out is equivalent to passing
3. As long as you hit one cog, you get toontask credit (need to test this
with more than 2 toons and also for building task).
4. In every case, you do get merit, buck, notice and/or option credit

............................................................................................

I want to thank her for letting me copy these tests and pass them on. I've still not stopped long enough to see what the results are of passing while in the formans offices in sell factory.

I don't think its a big deal either way if a toon get a so called free ride. I have been doing factories again this week and since im running two toons i always try to drag a couple of littles thru with me.

We need those little toons with very little gags to keep the vp more interesting. :lick:

S

Squeaker

Well I'm enjoying this little development... I just took a little toon through a building and he was careful to choose a gag at least once on each floor (grr!). Oh well - such is my luck...

Did I miss anything else important or at least fun? More fun than the hundreds of loads of laundry to do, or a house and a truck that desperately need cleaned right now?