• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new dragons

• Thread starter imported_Specialshoes
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Specialshoes

I think I read somewhere that the new dragons would be named greater dragons.
Since dragons are supposed to be big nasty creatures doesn't it make more sense to rename the old ones "Lesser Dragons"? And leave the new ones as just dragons?

C

Connor_Graham

Or we could name the weaker ones "Fledgling Dragon".....

G

Oh I like that Connor Fledgling dragons.... A youthful Dragon..... A young dragon..... a fledgling dragon........ but yes indeed Special I do think it makes more sense to name the "weaker" ones somthing else and leave the new super dragons as just "a dragon"......

I

imported_Specialshoes

I think fledgling would be a bit better. Aren't drakes supposed to be the hatchlings?

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Oh I like that Connor Fledgling dragons.... A youthful Dragon..... A young dragon..... a fledgling dragon........ but yes indeed Special I do think it makes more sense to name the "weaker" ones somthing else and leave the new super dragons as just "a dragon"......

[/ QUOTE ]

an overpowered dragon?

G

Fledgeling is very young, little older than a Hatchling. I prefer the name "Great Wyrm" for the new Dragons, just take a look at the Might &amp; Magic Series or most other RPG series. The most powerful Dragons in them are referred to as Great Wyrms.

In Draconic Lore, "Elder Dragon" like you prefer Connor, is known as a Wyrm.
Why we have White Wyrms, instead of White Dragons.

Here's the Description of White Wyrms.
"Wyrms are forbidden from killing one another, and thus no death sentence exists, even for the most evil of their kind. It was once believed by the Elder Wyrms that the frozen wastes would either kill or forever weaken those draconians banished there. The contrary was, of course, the result. Known among their kind as Anflaustrailious, or the dispossessed that lack warmth, the dragons that now reside in the regions of cold are those, or descended from those, who were banished for crimes among their kind. The Draconians of the Frost are a cruel and savage branch of their race. They blame all creatures for their torment and seek out revenge on any in their path. Such is the terror inspired by these foul drakes that the Elder Wyrms have forever stricken banishment to the ice regions from their doctrine. What becomes of draconian criminals now is known only to dragon kind, and they are loath to share their secrets."

Here's the description of Ancient Wyrms. Also referred to as Elder Wyrms.
"Dragon (Elder Wyrm)

Description:
The eldest of the Draconian race are rarely seen by any other than drake eyes. Ancient in origin, the wizened Elder is said to long for the days when the reptile was the guardian of the land now known as Britannia. Patience is not a virtue of the Elder Wyrm, and disturbing one may lead to a quick death. Death, of course, being the quickest way for these ancient ones to be rid of the intruder and get back to their studies.

Ancient texts concerning the draconian race tell of Ahzimas, a wyrm soothsayer of great magical power who claimed reptilian rule would not return to the land until humans and reptiles lived as one. This one statement has apparently been a very heated topic of discussion among draconian scholars. Some believe it means the two races should live in peace, others believe it means that one race must be eradicated. Even stranger, there are those that believe a physical merging of the two races is what was foretold. It is believed that all Wyrms are working toward this goal. How they will reach it is known only to them."