• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The New Auction Boxes. Good or Evil?

Do you USE or LIKE the auction safe deals?

• Total voters

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Atlantic Peeeeeeeps!

In the last couple years, these new vet reward thingies came around. 3 auction safes per reward pick.

I've only really been noticing a MASS of these things on Atlantic the last few weeks. I mean... a MASS-MASS. Many not used at all. Most seam to have extremely disgustingly overpriced "rares" given by EM events... that, as far as I see... are tacky and totally wrong for UO. I mean... come on. Rewards should be small and befitting the UO décor. Not just recolored items never designed to be in private ownership. BUT my opinion is not the point of the question. I see these things set up with 100 MILLION gold PLUS prices. I know some people are in to collecting them... and goodness knows the gold flow must be massive today. BUT... are these auction safe items practical?

Say... if you had a house specializing in "reasonable" auctions… like in the old days of auction houses.

Remember them?

It took a LOT of time... like a real auction. People, specializing in this service, would take in player goods and with all notes... and, from my experience, you got an honest deal for a piece of the action. I sold a few bolts of rare cloth... or stuff that was hard to move in mass, but not unit or hard to replace. Just never know! BUT... honest people. This was more like 10 years ago.

So! Magical question:

Do you like the auction boxes? Would you use them in reasonable auctions? Or unreasonable auctions. :) Who am I to judge? hehe

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to be honest whenever I see the giant wall of purple text or anything other than the default stratics text I hit the back button.

My old eyes just can't take it I guess?