• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The MEGA Project - Building Oceania Together

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may sound absurd, but I have a dream! (a quote from someone's famous).

The reality is now that we are seeing much fewer people playing in Oceania, and the first round of idoc proved that well, I'm sure there will be more idoc rounds, as I personally have 6-months+ expired accounts that I'm not renewing, which houses are still not idoc-ing.

Perhaps the first IDOC round is for those who are inactive for more than 2-4 years.

We need to create the X-factor to retain players, and this is what we have in mind, in what we call the MEGA Project.

1. Money - farming gold from mongbats is a thing in the past, essences/ingredients used for imbuing are more valuable in terms of time/return ratio, though nothing beats, powerscrolls farming for the brave-hearts. So we'll set-up buying stalls in Magincia for quick in-game money to fund the basics.

2. Events - we will try to hold a short but sweet events, like a blackjack game, lizzard's egg hatch-n-fight game, race-in-the-maze, teleporter house.
In fact, everyone can run these events with entry fee and winner takes all as incentive.

3. Gear - cheap gears (weapons/suits) for new/returning players to get on their feet to start earning in-game golds in this super-expensive game economy.

4. Atlantic - This is where we value our veterans the most :) The new 14th year veteran reward, allows a free xfer between shards, which we will try to encourage to happen regularly. Sell those replicas and powerscrolls in Atlantic and buy yourself some goodies home. I know we are all born to shop.

Let me know what you all think, and together, we will make it happen.

PS: Thank you Don Juan, Maarken, Calico and Audra Rose for your collective input on this MEGA Project.

** Thank you for your overwhelming support for this project, Aeltya thinks the name should be The MEGA Project as money should comes first. A small donation is probably just what new people need without ruining the spirit of adventure.

The lengthy detailed plan of this project can be found at oceaniashard.com

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: The GEMA Project - Building Oceania Together

When I departed the game I donated all my gold and suits to Bryson Fox, somewhere in the vicinity of 300 mill and many major arties and suits. I gave it under the guidelines that it was to be given to any new players who needed help getting started. Hopefully it helped a few, I think it's a good idea.

D

Dain

The new MEGA program will be supported by quite a few returning players, such as myself!

POSITIVITY PEOPLE, POSITIVITY!

W

Wend OC

I am a returning player and have now settled in Oceania for almost 2months. And I want to thank members of EOB and it's Alliance mates for their friendship, help, resources and immense fun running around doing raids together. Special thanks to Don, Sioned and Wind for the special experience in oceania.

For anyone who are interested in coming over to Oceania shard, just give a shout in global chat or drop by Luna bank :) you be soon pick up heh.

-Wendonai Oceania

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive xsharded majority of my characters to Pacific, but have left my mage on Oceania, and still intend to play here a wee bit.

D

Death Scorch

Hi Isaac,

I've posted an offer that may assist you in the project. Check your inbox :)

=====================================
I will scorch you, because I am your death scorch
~ Animal Kaiser ~
=====================================

F

Fink

I'm just now navigating the turbulent waters of subscription cancellation. :pirate:

With any luck, my castle should be going IDOC soon. Enjoy, and good luck with the project.

S

stumpy

Special thanks to Don, Sioned and Wind for the special experience in oceania.

-Wendonai Oceania
Don is still playing?? Has he ever left? Tell him Stumpy Says Hi if he ever reads this.

V

Von Dagger

I have returned to Oceania as a new player after an 8 year break, see what a girlfriend then fiancee then wife does to your game playing days(Still have the wife though).

Can't remember what skills go with what, slowly working my way through it all though. Some more venders would be good, took me 4 days to find a full spell book!

Von Dagger