• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Masteries of Song

Diamonas

Journeyman
Good Morning all,

I've recently finished my 4x Legendary Bard Tamer Mage.

I'm trying to figure out which Bardic Mastery songs I should run full time.
I run under protection spell so they cannot be broken normally.

I currently run Provocation mastery songs giving the following statistics.

29% Hit chance increase
29% Spell Damage increase
52% Damage Increase

+12 to STR, Dex, INT
+24 Health
22 health healed every 4/seconds

Discordance Debuffs
Active on Monsters
28% point decrease in stats
28% point decrease in skills

I know most would run the Animal Taming 3 Mastery, but I'm building outside the box ATM. Plus 120 mil for the mastery bothers me...

My Current pet project is a Cu Sidhe with
120 Healing
120 Anatomy
120 Meditation
120 Focus
Life Leech
Conduit Blast

For solo PvM.

Opinions on Peacemaking songs?
20 HPR
20 MPR
20 SPR
40% debuff duration reduction
28% Damage reduction
28% Defence chance increase

Is what I get from both songs from Peacemaking.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I run peacemaking on one of my tamers and it makes my pets tank really well.
The damage reduction and the DCI make keeping them alive much, much easier.
And unlike consume damage, it works against all kinds of damage.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are you playing solo or playing with a group?

The good thing here is that you can change your mastery depending on what you're playing. If you're going to be in party with a big group, I would suggest the Provo songs. While that more likely puts you into more of a support role than a damage dealer, a strong 4x120 bard running the provo songs is a major boost to any group.

If you are trying to deal damage, then getting off a disco on your target and then running both disco songs simultaneously (adjusted for weakest elemental damage type) will allow you to do quite a bit of damage per second.

In both cases, the challenge will be managing your mana. Having meditation/focus and high mana regeneration on your suit could be the maker or breaker of being able to run the songs continuously, or having to stop to meditate periodically.

What other specific skills are you running on your template?

Diamonas

Journeyman
Animal Taming 75+10+15+15+5 120
Animal Lore 105+10+5 120
Meditation 90 15+15 = 120
Magery 90 +15+15=120
Musicianship 120
Provocation 120
Discordance 120

Is my current skills, I swap in peace making if I feel like it, have it at 120 real skill as well.
I currently run 36 MPR from items and 120 meditation w/40LMC and 100LRC
And 70% SDI for PvM.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Learned something new today. I had no idea both could be run simultaneously.
Yup. Just be mindful of the amount of mana consumption, as running two songs for an extend period of time will likely end up eating mana quickly if you do not have a significant amount of regeneration.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I run 120 music/disco/peace on my template and have veterinary on it too.
I really like it, but I want to replicate it on another tamer at a second account, but with provo this time.
I will need to get another mark of travesty with taming on it.

Running both in a party will be a blast. Provo really increases the pet DPS output and peace makes them a whole lot tankier.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Confused until I read the rest of the thread. Normally 4x Bard means all 4 on the template at once, so sounded like you just had that and Tame/Lore lol.

I would say it depends entirely what you're fighting. If you are fighting something that counter attacks (Medusa/Stygian Dragon/Slasher/Mephitis/Navrey/Crimson Dragons at events/Neira/Dark Fathers) I would go with Provoke Masteries. For everything else Discord Masteries. If doing something like levelling a spawn I would also run Provoke until the Champion is up, then switch to Discord unless that boss counters or there is sufficient decent spawn you can Provoke on to it along with pet (such as spawning in Ilshenar at Valor for example where there are Parragon GD's etc.)

Also MR from items on your suit is capped at 30.

Diamonas

Journeyman
The 6 is from my weapon, it's just a bonus.
Plus I could of sworn the cap was removed when you ran Meditation skill. Unless I read that wrong on UO guide.
I know it has diminishing returns after 30.

adani

Visitor
I run 120 music/disco/peace on my template and have veterinary on it too.
I really like it, but I want to replicate it on another tamer at a second account, but with provo this time.
I will need to get another mark of travesty with taming on it.

Running both in a party will be a blast. Provo really increases the pet DPS output and peace makes them a whole lot tankier.
Can you post your template by chance please ? I'm working on a bard tamer myself and kind of stuck on what skills to keep. I have 120 lore,vet,and taming. 100 music and disco and res into magery and med.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you post your template by chance please ? I'm working on a bard tamer myself and kind of stuck on what skills to keep. I have 120 lore,vet,and taming. 100 music and disco and res into magery and med.
What template(s) are you running?
This is my template for that disco/peace/tamer.
I can post details on the suit next weekend. I am currently shuffling my accounts, playing one month and skipping the other because I am sort of out of love for the game.
March is being the skip month.

adani

Visitor
What template(s) are you running?
This is my template for that disco/peace/tamer.
I can post details on the suit next weekend. I am currently shuffling my accounts, playing one month and skipping the other because I am sort of out of love for the game.
March is being the skip month.
Thank you very much! I understand the burn out for games. I left eve online to come back to uo got tired of the big Corp politics in the game.