• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The KR Client In PvP

• Thread starter Mortharr/Revenge
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Mortharr/Revenge

How the hell am i ment to catch someone who is running the KR client?

They run faster than someone with a good computer and who is using speedhack

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just follow the person as long as you can, they will eventually crash. Then it's a easy kill.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

KR doesn't crash for me in every day situations, only time it's crashed recently was in the middle of the second night of the Dark Moonglow event.

I guess you couldlways install and use KR yourself :D

M

mr.blackmage

alternatively, they could make the two clients the same speed (hopefully by increasing the 2d clients... It moves sluggishly), and fix speedhacking (or just actually ban people for it).

From what I understand, the kr client is beyond useless for pvping on a mage.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Soo a speedhacker complains that he can't outrun someone in a crappy buggy client ?(Not my words)

Thats about one of the must funny things i read in a while! ;)

A

Alrich

alternatively, they could make the two clients the same speed (hopefully by increasing the 2d clients... It moves sluggishly), and fix speedhacking (or just actually ban people for it).

From what I understand, the kr client is beyond useless for pvping on a mage.
i find it better for mages due to hotbar hotkeys

tamers, now there is a different story, since no easy way to setup bandage pet macros you have to target everything =/

K

Kiminality

alternatively, they could make the two clients the same speed (hopefully by increasing the 2d clients...
Some time back, I compared the speeds of the clients. Not exhaustively, but enough to say with some certainty that, in and of themselves, the 2D and KR clients run at basically the same speed.
I believe, also, there was a comparison done as a part of a disagreement between Prince Caspian and Coppelia.

The differences lie with the performance of the client, which is pretty poor, in the case of the 2D client, on modern hardware.

Something to consider here...
2D speedhacker runs faster than 2D legit.
KR runs faster than 2D speedhacker.
KR shown to run at a comparable speed to 2D legit.
So:
If KR is faster than a 2D speedhacker, and a 2D speedhacker is faster than a legit 2D player.
Then the difference in speed between 2D and KR would be phenomenal.
But, it's not.
Where does the error lie?
Or, perhaps more to the point, where doesn't the error lie?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't run across many obvious speedhackers in the past, but from the few I have run up against, I've noticed that the speedhack does not speed someone up. Rather, it slows down other people in the area.

So given my limited experience with the cheat, I ask the following question:

Does the KR client have a different method of determining position and movement than the 2d client? If so, bravo! If not, then I would have to call bull on the KR speed issue.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that's a case of mistaken identity, Mortharr (note the R in the middle) is a Europa player and while I don't claim to know all his characters, I don't recall having read of him having one called Goose.

S

Sneaky

Yep, its funny ay. Everyone is ALWAYS crying about speed hacking. They also (on this forum in particular) cry at length about how 'bad,' 'inferior' and 'laggy' KR is (which is just wrong). Claims of 'speed hacking' have spiked ever since KR was patched about 2 months after its release.

Quite funny, the client many U.Hallers would have you believe always crashes, laggs, <enter KR is crap statement here>, could actually be the 'speed hack' they are complaining about in other threads. Not that speed hacks don't exist mind you and it may well be a real one.

*waits for people to start complaining that 'KR is to good' LOL*

C

Coppelia

Some time back, I compared the speeds of the clients. Not exhaustively, but enough to say with some certainty that, in and of themselves, the 2D and KR clients run at basically the same speed.
I believe, also, there was a comparison done as a part of a disagreement between Prince Caspian and Coppelia.

The differences lie with the performance of the client, which is pretty poor, in the case of the 2D client, on modern hardware.
I reran a test.
KR and 2D clients have the same speed. The only difference is when riding, your computer limitations can make KR go slightly slower in some areas.
Another thing to mention is that on KR client, you automatically dodge the trees, while on 2D client you dodge the trees only if your on a diagonal move (NE, SE, SW, NW). That may give the feeling KR goes faster.

M

mr.blackmage

i find it better for mages due to hotbar hotkeys

tamers, now there is a different story, since no easy way to setup bandage pet macros you have to target everything =/

We are talking for PvP here. What would you ever need a hotbar key for as a mage? Not having target self/last would be the biggest issue, but I hear the targeting is supremely messed up as well.

M

Mortharr/Revenge

Soo a speedhacker complains that he can't outrun someone in a crappy buggy client ?(Not my words)

Thats about one of the must funny things i read in a while! ;)
lol im not using speedhack, im saying they run faster than someone using speedhack

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Twisted Weald in KR. I was very excited to be able to RUN again in the desert! But then on second test, it was a speed-hack type run. KR let me run just a little bit, then I froze up until some kind of speed limit caught up with me, then I could run again. Timed with a stopwatch over the same course, both 2D and KR had the same movement speed in the slow desert.

So there's a clue. KR DOES let you move faster than the old client, but only if you can hack past the server side speed limit.

M

mr.blackmage

on the mousewheel. And I hear bad things about how the targeting works.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The baddest problem i have with kr are the crashes in PvP in Champareas, in normal gameplay running around the world crashes are very rare, but doing or raiding a champ is bad, because kr crashes very often. I have tried it on diffrent machines with different hadware but the error is still the same:

Produkt
Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn

Problem
Funktioniert nicht mehr

Datum
21.05.2008 03:12

Status
Bericht gesendet

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: uokr.exe
Anwendungsversion: 2.52.0.4
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4810aa5d
Fehlermodulname: uokr.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 2.52.0.4
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4810aa5d
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00409a59
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: fd00
Zusatzinformation 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Zusatzinformation 3: fd00
Zusatzinformation 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Weitere Informationen über das Problem
Bucket-ID: 751160564

sry for German, my computer is running a german Windows version. I play only KR since Beta and this Crashbug comes in with the speedincrease patch for 2 - 3 months. Before i got no crashes but the performance was very bad on my machines.

I have tested it on:
AMD x2 4200+
4 GB Ram
HD 2900XT
Both Vista x64 and Xp x86

and

Intel Quad 6600
4 GB Ram
HD 2900XT
Vista x64

I must say on the newer machine it would crash less often at champs then on the older machine but the error is the same.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KR runs more smoothly in some situations than 2D (such as when there is lots of non-mobile dynamic content).
2D runs more smoothly in some situations than KR (such as when there is lots of animated content, especially things like spells).
KR runs at the same speed as 2D in most situations.
KR and 2D both have their speeds capped the same way on the server (theoretically - nothing visible to players that I am aware of has shown any real reason to believe otherwise).
KR has the advantage in a chase through a congested area that neither side knows like the back of their hand due to automatically running around some blocking terrain.

I'd pull in numbers, areas tested, and players who did the testing if we still had the posts from the old forums to reference.

L

Loquacious Wrath

I have raced against many 2d clients around Luna and KR is fastest.

Also, has anyone mentioned that in PvP, KR is best for equipment swapping? There is no need to undress anything in KR. Simply hit the hotkey for whatever suit you wish to wear. This alone saves time in PvP.

S

Sneaky

I have raced against many 2d clients around Luna and KR is fastest.

Also, has anyone mentioned that in PvP, KR is best for equipment swapping? There is no need to undress anything in KR. Simply hit the hotkey for whatever suit you wish to wear. This alone saves time in PvP.
Yep, you can swap suits on the run with a single macro if needed.