• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement The Kingsguard - Napa Valley Promotion System

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Starting in March Napa Valley will have a new promotion system active to help not only enrich our stories, but also to award people for their participation. Promotion ceremonies will be held every 6-7 months, with rewards handed out based on the rank you have achieved.

The Kingsguard are an elite faction of the Royal Britannian Guard tasked with the protection of King Blackthorn. Over the years, Britannia has seen: a King leave the land, a royal council murdered, a puppet of the Shadowlords control the land, and a Queen killed in front of us all. The Kingsguard is formed to prevent such things from ever happening in our land again.

Ranks:

Footman -Your duty is to run ahead to prepare the destination place for the Kingsguard

Squire - You are the shield bearer of a knight in the kinds guard. You also are their errand runner or servant

Knight-Errant - You wander the land in search of adventures to prove your virtue

Knight Bachelor - You have shown great service to the crown, and are recognized for your deeds.

Knight Banneret -You now lead your own troops into battle for the Kingsguard

Knight Sergeant - You have proven your worth amongst the Kingsguard, and are now involved in all decision making.

Knight Commander - Knight Commanders are leaders of the Kingsguard. You report to Commander Vesuvius directly.

Personal Guard of King Blackthorn - You have been handpicked for your exceptional service to personally guard the King.

You earn points in multiple ways:

Attending an event (Must be present for roll call)
Turning in a book with an event recap
Attending a Governor's meeting

1. Point totals needed for each rank are kept secret.
2. Ranks are scaled to become harder to obtain as you progress
3. Promotion ceremonies will be held around every 6-7 months.
4. Rollcall will occur at the beginning of every event
5. All events will now meet in the courtyard of Castle Blackthorn
6. Books can be submitted to the Mailbox at the EM Rewards Hall. (Location may change in the future)

Last edited:

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think this is an excellent way to encourage more people to come to your events and enhance the RP aspect that so many love. It's ideas like these that should not be overlooked! I wish this new system the best of luck!

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
To ensure proper records are kept, I will be listing all my rewards here. So if you ever wondering how many of a certain item dropped, and perhaps you weren't there, you can always check this list.

2013:
A Globe From The Void - It Feels As If Eyes Are Watching You From Within (10)
An Archaic Philosopher's Stone - Thousands Of Souls Swirl Inside (10)
A Statue Of The Demon Lord - You Feel Forced To Your Knees (10)
An Embroidered Cloak Signifying You As a Protector Of The Realm (50)

2014:
A Tattered Banner Taken From Within The Labyrinth Which Depicts The History Of Sosaria (10)
An Egg Of A Crimson Dragon Radiating Heat That Can Be Burn The Skin From Your Hand (10)
Statue Sculpted To Declare You Defender Of King Blackthorn And Savior Of Britannia (10)
A Finely Sewn Kilt Emblazoned With The Insignia Of The Kingsguard (50)
An Obsidian Obelisk Carved With Ancient Runes - The Aura Of Death Emanates From Within (10)
The Fountain of Living Waters - Gazing Into The Water Brings On A Feeling of Drowning (10)
A Throne Crafted From The Bones Of Past Victims - The Blood Of Innocents Forever Lingers (15)

Pacific 2014
A White-Point Star (15)

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
REMINDER: Promotions are coming up on the 31st of July! Get those reports in for your extra points!

Also, could I get this stickied?

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With the first promotion looming large, is it possible to get a list of promotions posted here after the ceremony? My absence next week is a very real possibility, and I would love to hear who all got promoted to which rank, to provide appropriate congratulations.

Is it also safe to assume that no report regarding promotions would be in order?

The Illustrious Lord Cephas
Lord of Knights of Veritas
Governor of New Magincia

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
With the first promotion looming large, is it possible to get a list of promotions posted here after the ceremony? My absence next week is a very real possibility, and I would love to hear who all got promoted to which rank, to provide appropriate congratulations.

Is it also safe to assume that no report regarding promotions would be in order?

The Illustrious Lord Cephas
Lord of Knights of Veritas
Governor of New Magincia

I think I can do that. After the promotions ill make a list of everyone who was promoted + also point out who still needs to pick up their promotion item.

Also, yes you are correct. There will be no need to do a report on the promotions :p