• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Ideas Den Can Use More Attention.

M

Mr Artifact

Hello everyone this is my first post here on U.Hall so please bear with me. while i do see the apeal of U.Hall the Ideas Den is a great section too. for those of you who havent been on the Ideas Den not only can we post ideas and comment on ideas just like we can here on U.Hall we can also vote on ideas too unlike U.Hall which is a nice touch. another great thing about the Ideas Den is that the more Aye votes an idea gets and the more possative comments an idea gets the better the chance that the dev teams might just consider implementing the idea into the game eventually no gaurentee but theres a better chance as i was imformed i am sure the same goes for U.Hall except the vote part of course. on the Ideas Den there are many great ideas that hardly get noticed because the majority of you dont bother going to the ideas den or you just dont go to the ideas den nearly enough as i was also imformed so please also stop by the ideas den and more often. i know alot of you are very smart and have great ideas and imaginations and we could sure use your ideas, your comments, and your votes it cant hurt. i am not only speaking for myself and my ideas i am also speaking for everyone who posted ideas on the Ideas Den and there ideas includeing the ideas i dont agree with. i figure if i dont post this here theres a very good chance no one will. so please atleast consider this thank you for reading.

B

Babble

The developers often have their own crazy ideas we often do not really need to understand it seems.

They said they hardly look there, because they have their own plans anyway and ask for feedback when they want it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hello everyone this is my first post here on U.Hall

[/ QUOTE ]

Lies.

ok.. im not gonna be mean...

<blockquote><hr>

so please bear with me. while i do see the apeal of U.Hall the Ideas Den is a great section too. for those of you who havent been on the Ideas Den not only can we post ideas and comment on ideas just like we can here on U.Hall we can also vote on ideas too unlike U.Hall which is a nice touch. another great thing about the Ideas Den is that the more Aye votes an idea gets and the more possative comments an idea gets the better the chance that the dev teams might just consider implementing the idea into the game eventually no gaurentee but theres a better chance as i was imformed i am sure the same goes for U.Hall except the vote part of course. on the Ideas Den there are many great ideas that hardly get noticed because the majority of you dont bother going to the ideas den or you just dont go to the ideas den nearly enough as i was also imformed so please also stop by the ideas den and more often. i know alot of you are very smart and have great ideas and imaginations and we could sure use your ideas, your comments, and your votes it cant hurt. i am not only speaking for myself and my ideas i am also speaking for everyone who posted ideas on the Ideas Den and there ideas includeing the ideas i dont agree with. i figure if i dont post this here theres a very good chance no one will. so please atleast consider this thank you for reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me 3 good ideas posted in the ideas den that the devs have used and I'll consider.

G

Heh...while it is a good idea (pun intended) in theory, my observation is that posting an idea on Ideas Den will kill it even quicker than having it made into a sticky thread on a forum people actually read (the difference is it will be entombed on page 1 there for future generations to ignore easier).

-Skylark

G

You better edit that accusation, his post was originally made on a different forum and moved to UHall by a moderator (I can see a note, you can't).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Show me 3 good ideas posted in the ideas den that the devs have used and I'll consider.

[/ QUOTE ]
House customization, bank checks and BOD books.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You better edit that accusation, his post was originally made on a different forum and moved to UHall by a moderator (I can see a note, you can't).

[/ QUOTE ]

=O

NOOOOO!!!!

FOILED!!!!!!

*boy am I glad I wasn't mean about it ^^*

M

Mr Artifact

this is a response to In Flames for accusuing me of lieing. first of all i did not lie at all this really was my first post on U.hall secondly i really did hear that some of the ideas on the ideas den do get added to the game mind you not alot but some and thirdly i know thats a fact inpart because i was reminded by JCtheBuilder that House customization, bank checks and BOD books all came from the ideas den and other ideas too. one idea that i believe that came from the ideas den is transfer tolkens i could be wrong but i think it came from there among other ideas. i did read your next post relizeing i wasnt lieing and relizeing you where wrong thanks to Magdalene for informing you i really apreciate that Magdalene. dont worry about it In Flames its cool water under the bridge the only reason i am bringing this up at all is because you never erased or edited your accusation accusing me of lieing when i wasnt lieing at all or exagerating. i am not here to argue just wanted to clear that up thats all.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, it was once stated that the Ideas Den didn't even get looked at by most of the developers. Mr. Tact said this in an interview.

The Ideas Den forum is a great idea. I've made posts there myself. Since that statement though I've kept most of my posts in U.Hall.

It would be good if some of the developers would refute Mr. Tact's statement, but to my knowledge none have.

M

Mr Artifact

I dont come to U.Hall that often so i am not too familure with how this section works so i am wondering if its ok to post ideas here on U.Hall too since the Ideas Den seldom gets looked at by the dev teams if what you say is correct.

B

Babble

<blockquote><hr>

I had thought they said they *never* look at it. :|

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no they hardly look at it as they have their own crazy ideas.

What worked for me is to pester them, over a year or so and maybe get some others too to pester them.

I got the polymorph timer changed!
weee

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U.Hall is the forum for all things UO.

The majority of the posts that do get moved from U.Hall end up in Spiels &amp; Rants. Trade related posts may get moved too.

So I'd say that just about any other post made in U.Hall is safe.

M

Mr Artifact

ok thanks ill try adding my newest idea from the ideas den and see how it goes i hope you like it maybe if its well recieved the dev teams might just consider it if i am lucky.

B

Babble

I still say go for the UOhall.
Who knows what they do with mails ...

F

Fayled Dhreams

Even if true ...
Only takes One Dev, Inspired by one Idea ...

regardless of source ...

Posting of an idea or thought or suggestion or tweak ...
On Stratics
Participant authorizes Stratics to utilize, in any manner it sees fit and for eternity, the Submissions posted on the site, which shall become the property of Stratics.

course .. now that MrTact is gone ... and considering the "fluid nature" (subject to change) of "Game design" ...

You may have had a "point" in mentioning your perception ... but on further reveiw and examination ...
doesn't really have direct bearing on the OP's post topic.

In fact, the disclaimer on the main index (Remember, this forum is for sharing ideas only. EA makes no promises that anything here will be added to UO.)

Pretty much applies to ALL forums and internet communications ...

yes?

Psssst! op? paragraphs can be a friend ...
Just saying

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I'd really prefer is after y'all get ideas hashed out amongst yourselves, send them straight to us!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats a pretty sad mistake really to rely on that

B

Babble

Yes, as the right developer needs to read the right suggestion at the right time.
Better to pester them so