• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The High Seas Event?

mihali

Sage
Are we supposed to know when the new event is coming up or approximate timing of that?

Also in getting ready for the new event were bound to collect a bunch of cargo. What do we do with that we cashier in four points at this time or wait until the new version hits?
What is the best to do guess/idea?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After Easter it will be on Test Center, we will find out then. Then it will probably go to Origin with what all shards will see.

mihali

Sage
Tyvm for info. So in about 2 weeks or so. Is there any published info on this event? And do we need to cash our points to Dubloons before it?

mihali

Sage
the 300k cap will make it interesting
WOW, is that real? That means only one thing: They are planning to add MORE items there, and they want players to not just amass millions of points early on? I doubt that may be an oversight. Im new at this and did not know about the 3ook points.
Also one more question : Can EJ's get cargo or ride in boat or own a Tokuno ship and do this content?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
WOW, is that real? That means only one thing: They are planning to add MORE items there, and they want players to not just amass millions of points early on? I doubt that may be an oversight. Im new at this and did not know about the 3ook points.
Also one more question : Can EJ's get cargo or ride in boat or own a Tokuno ship and do this content?
Yes - EJ accounts are able to get cargo but I don't think they can place a boat. You will need a paid account to place and allow the EJ account to ride the boat

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
any news on where to find a list of rewards for new stuff? or is that a stupid question ?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
well they have announced in the newsletter "new black market rewards" , so they could give us something to look at. im sure they have some idea right? :eyes:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Destard was on test one day then Origin one day and we all know how broken it was so to say stuff doesn't need testing is absurd even the deco items have had buggyness in the past!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Destard was on test one day then Origin one day and we all know how broken it was so to say stuff doesn't need testing is absurd even the deco items have had buggyness in the past!
The "broken" part of Destard was the best event we had. It's a matter of perspective. And not one player from Origin wrote it up.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As it relates to testing. I hit the high seas yesterday to test out the new bow I made and did see several "buggy" things that I think just go along with High Seas.

The more people hitting the high seas, I think the more frequently people will call it out because things are obviously not functioning as designed (I saw a house in the middle of the seas in Tok / a pirate ship without a crew / I've boarded a ship and fell through the deck / experienced a few "ghost ships" that appear on my radar and then disappear without a trace). Allowing people to test would certainly "spoil" the surprise but it's a trade off for having the game function as expected.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As it relates to testing. I hit the high seas yesterday to test out the new bow I made and did see several "buggy" things that I think just go along with High Seas.

The more people hitting the high seas, I think the more frequently people will call it out because things are obviously not functioning as designed (I saw a house in the middle of the seas in Tok / a pirate ship without a crew / I've boarded a ship and fell through the deck / experienced a few "ghost ships" that appear on my radar and then disappear without a trace). Allowing people to test would certainly "spoil" the surprise but it's a trade off for having the game function as expected.
Those things have always happened. The Ships that appear for a second on your screen and vanish. When you are attacking a ship, one of my monitors will see the ship normally, while others see it in pieces. My monitors will see a ship I am attacking in different places, so I know not to shoot. Falling through the deck when looting. I see ships without a crew but it is rare. I have never seen a house on the seas that I recall.

Not sure if its just CC, but if you grab and pull a pirate mast up, it messes up the graphics. Sometimes the ship will just sit still after that. If you keep doing it you can bug the ship so you cant scuttle it.

Ship tracking not working for about 10min every hour.

Those issues are already there. I doubt they will change it. The mechanics overall are working.

There are no Dread Pirates on LS at the moment. The Orc ships do not have them. Some that have a Captain don't have Dread Pirates, that's normal. But on LS they don't have those and they don't have a Dread Pirate.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Those things have always happened. The Ships that appear for a second on your screen and vanish. When you are attacking a ship, one of my monitors will see the ship normally, while others see it in pieces. My monitors will see a ship I am attacking in different places, so I know not to shoot. Falling through the deck when looting. I see ships without a crew but it is rare. I have never seen a house on the seas that I recall.

Not sure if its just CC, but if you grab and pull a pirate mast up, it messes up the graphics. Sometimes the ship will just sit still after that. If you keep doing it you can bug the ship so you cant scuttle it.

Ship tracking not working for about 10min every hour.

Those issues are already there. I doubt they will change it. The mechanics overall are working.

There are no Dread Pirates on LS at the moment. The Orc ships do not have them. Some that have a Captain don't have Dread Pirates, that's normal. But on LS they don't have those and they don't have a Dread Pirate.
So things being broken for years is normal and we should accept them things things team implemented so they can't blame poor coding on spaghetti..

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So things being broken for years is normal and we should accept them things things team implemented so they can't blame poor coding on spaghetti..
It is UO...of course it's normal for things to be broken for years. I think many have accepted "that's just the way things work" for several of these things; I don't think they are "show stoppers" but from my experience on project team where we kind of just rolled with the framework that was there is it can/will lead to other larger issues.

In this example, having ships without dread pirates might not be a big deal right now, but if the event is based on killing dread pirates for their hats then it becomes a huge issue. I kind of hope that's what happens just to see what Pawain says about it. :devil:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do these thing affect how many ships I sink? Nope. The game mechanics work. Its just a visual thing like you get when streaming for a few seconds. Intermittent because one of my 3 screens will not see the frames catching up. They see the ship as normal and the drawing is not delayed.

When I dock my ship by my house, most of the ship pixels stay. But only the toon that docked it will see it.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do these thing affect how many ships I sink? Nope. The game mechanics work. Its just a visual thing like you get when streaming for a few seconds. Intermittent because one of my 3 screens will not see the frames catching up. They see the ship as normal and the drawing is not delayed.

When I dock my ship by my house, most of the ship pixels stay. But only the toon that docked it will see it.
I think you are completely missing what I wrote; I'm talking specifically about the dread pirates.

If dread pirates are currently NOT on LS; that's not a pixel thing. That's a "they are completely missing" thing (ie a bug). If part of this event is that players get pirate hates from the dread pirates (ie that are currently missing on LS) then nobody on LS would get the pirate hats via dread pirates. I think that's pretty obvious...even through all of your pom pom waving.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you are completely missing what I wrote; I'm talking specifically about the dread pirates.

If dread pirates are currently NOT on LS; that's not a pixel thing. That's a "they are completely missing" thing (ie a bug). If part of this event is that players get pirate hates from the dread pirates (ie that are currently missing on LS) then nobody on LS would get the pirate hats via dread pirates. I think that's pretty obvious...even through all of your pom pom waving.
I was going to wait till April to bring it up officially since it would be an easy fix.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dread pirates should now be spawning again on LS.
Someone must be lurking in the background of the negativity echo chamber to resolve current bugs/glitches! :hahaha:

It would be pretty funny if Kyronix spent more time here than on the official forums.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone must be lurking in the background of the negativity echo chamber to resolve current bugs/glitches! :hahaha:

It would be pretty funny if Kyronix spent more time here than on the official forums.
No Petra asked Misk to fix it. I knew it would be an easy fix, I wanted to wait till April tho. Ill just change a guy to one that has a Cu.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever I saw a kraken, water elie or serpent in deep waters, it meant that a Beacon was nearby. In the past two days, I've run across a number of "un-beaconed" krakens and their ilk which makes me think - no hope - that they are spawning them for the Event and will drop "pirate hats"...

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it just me or is the whole high seas thing super niche? I can't stand the cannon mechanics. I feel like combat shouldn't have lengthy menu's.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it just me or is the whole high seas thing super niche? I can't stand the cannon mechanics. I feel like combat shouldn't have lengthy menu's.
Ya pushing the prepare button then the fire button takes soo long.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's better after watching that video Rabid posted on youtube.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get what you are saying. It reminds me a bit of old school turn based games after you fire the cannon with the cannon loading screens like "You start loading your cannons to fire on the enemy" and you are waiting there for 20-30seconds which is an eternity in today's gaming standards while waiting for the opponent to attack.

I don't quite mind that so much as I do the overall sailing part on a ship. It feels like the sailing "speed" is the pace of somewhere between a walk and run (if you were on land) when you are on foot. I think that's why I can't get into the fishing quest because it feels like an eternity and seems like you aren't even moving unless you have another ship on your radar you are passing.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
they did away with the swabbing part. you used to have to clean the barrel before you could reload it , Those were the days :confused:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did away with match , match cord, and swab

also you don't need cannon balls

ships don't take nearly the damage they used to as well

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Petra asked Misk to fix it. I knew it would be an easy fix, I wanted to wait till April tho. Ill just change a guy to one that has a Cu.
Not quite. Misk asked me to give him a heads-up if I heard of it on any other shard after it happened, and he fixed it, on Drachs and Europa.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have pics of the new hats? Are they worth collecting rather than turning in?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1712666895814.png 1712666988653.png 1712666998406.png

hues seem to be in the 2400s

These pics are from uo-cah discord