• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The Future of the Hidden Valley Auctions

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hi everyone,

Hopefully you can forgive me taking just a moment of your time here. I've had more than a few people asking, so I figure I'll post it so everyone's on the same page. :)

• When's the next auction series planned?
  • Will there be more Hidden Valley auctions?
  • What does the sale of Stratics mean for HVA?

Last one first, if Stratics is sold, it all depends on the buyer. The auctions depend on a stable forum, both for me to keep it posted (and not deleted by mods), and for you guys to be sure your bids aren't manipulated. If I don't trust the buyer, or if the buyer rips apart the site to sell of the parts... I'll have to make that call when the site's auction closes.

Will there be more auctions? Yes, assuming the site sale isn't a problem, I will run another auction series in the first part of January.

However, starting February, I will be taking a break from running auctions for a little while. My wife and I are expecting our first child in Feb, and my time for UO and Stratics will be obviously affected. :D

Each auction takes me 80+ hours of work, from when the first items come in, to when the last bag goes out. I just won't have that kind of free time with a newborn. So I'll have to play it by ear as to when I feel life has calmed down again enough to run auctions again after the baby's born. :)

Meantime, anyone who planned to have me auction anything in the near future, make sure you get it to me for the Jan auction! :D

Brian

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
so i read this post; thought about sending you congratulations.... until i read the second to last paragraph. And I seriously laughed out loud. Maybe i'm just an overworked mom....but... here it comes....
LIFE NEVER CALMS DOWN! not after that first one. :danceb: :heart: :banana:

congratulations *smiles*

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
congrats!! we love your auctions so i hope they continue. fyi... i had my first child in april 1998 and started playing uo in december 1998. the fortunate thing was my son was usually ready to go down for the night between 6-7pm.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Congratulations! :)

Your auctions have always been amazing, it would be shame to see them end.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Congrats! Mine is 4 and I miss his cute cuddly side!!! Enjoy it and obviously let your family dictate, not UO or anyone else for that matter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Congrats B! If you parent with the same care and devotion that you put into your auctions, I'm sure your baby will be hosting their own auctions this time next year ;)
Well, I definitely have enough houses... I guess he can have one of his own. :D

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes!

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to tell you but you will probably be needing to sell your houses and rares in order to have the gold to feed and cloth the little critter! They eat everything in sight and out grow clothes in weeks!

In all seriousness tho being a dad is the best thing in the world and the most important job you will ever have. My advice: eat family meals together daily and read lots of books with him/her daily.
I'm rooting for ya to have a girl, boys are just too easy to raise. Hehe.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, well, it's going to be a boy this time, though my wife REALLY wants #2 to be a girl. :D
true story: a co-worker's wife was pregnant with their 1st child. during an ultrasound, the doctor told them it was a boy. imagine their surprise when the baby was born and it was a girl. i still laugh about it to this day. that was 15+ years ago when the technology wasn't as good as it is today.