• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Faces Behind The Characters

S

SwordBlaze

I am actually old and young, depending on who you ask. The kids I work with think I am old, the old veterans think I am in school with the kids I work with as a student, go figure. 21 btw

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 23 and most of my coworkers are 40-60+

Guess who never gets treated like an adult at work.

S

SwordBlaze

That sucks, too bad people (in America at least) are obsessed with equating age to the amount of respect they give people.

T

Tazar

That sucks, too bad people (in America at least) are obsessed with equating age to the amount of respect they give people.
I never thought it was really age that mattered, but maturity... and those do not necessarily go hand in hand...

B

Belanos/Icicle

not to be a griefer, but judging from a lot of your Stratics posts that I've seen, I doubt your age is the reason you aren't treated like an adult.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to be a griefer, but judging from a lot of your Stratics posts that I've seen, I doubt your age is the reason you aren't treated like an adult.
Not to call you a ******** feces flinger, but people's online personas don't necessarily mirror how they are in person.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to call you a ******** feces flinger, but people's online personas don't necessarily mirror how they are in person.
ditto.

i'm an ******* here and ingame just because i find humor in peoples reactions.

I know what aran means by not being treated by an adult. I had more knowledge, ability & skills than everyone at my job except the owner but they wouldn't pay me what I should have made because I "was too young" and the older guys tried to treat me like **** (keyword... tried ;x). Long story short I quit because of it for a bit, got begged to go back, and make a LOT more than I did. The best part is now who's the one giving orders & running things!! me! :)

Things tend to work out over time. Just remember how it feels when you're older and don't do it to others :p

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first year in college, I got a part time job working at a car rental place. Any time I was behind the wheel with a coworker in the car they were constantly screaming about what a bad driver I am, how I drive too fast, etc.

When they got behind the wheel, they tended to drive twice as fast, jerk around on the road, pay no attention, talk on the phone while driving coworkers around, etc.

Not to mention how many accidents my coworkers had on the lot on an average week. I swear half our cars in the body shop queue were from employees.

And they smoked by the gas pumps when they thought management wasn't looking. While fueling cars that were running.

But I was the poor driver and needed to be fired for being incompetent.

I wouldn't have stayed there as long as I did (Almost a year and a half) if it weren't so amusing on a daily basis.

S

SwordBlaze

I never thought it was really age that mattered, but maturity... and those do not necessarily go hand in hand...
They don't, I see some very mature children, while their parents would be considered immature. Yet, look at our society... children constantly are told to obey authority (well the majority at least) even if said authority is a jerk. Teachers come to mind (of which I am one) kids come to me saying so and so is such a mean teacher (and they are right) but their parents say they have to listen anyway... So the child has the maturity and know-how to realize the teacher is abusing her power, but her parents are too immature to teach the child that if someone is nasty and doesn't show respect to you, that person doesn't deserve it.

N

Nestorius

I'm sorry, but if you are under 25, you don't know ****. I don't care how much knowledge you have or how responsible you live your life, you are still a dumb kid. This is something one learns when they reach their 30's. There is no debate on this.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but if you are under 25, you don't know ****. I don't care how much knowledge you have or how responsible you live your life, you are still a dumb kid. This is something one learns when they reach their 30's. There is no debate on this.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Enough said.

S

SwordBlaze

Heh, get out more. I agree with Nystul.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a 40 year old basement dweller whose entire life revolves around comics has more life experience and value, etc., than say... Oh, I don't know, Bill Gates at 25, starting his own corporation?

L

Laf

im the same way in game as i am rl. hate me plz. it brings me joy.

N

Nestorius

So a 40 year old basement dweller whose entire life revolves around comics has more life experience and value, etc., than say... Oh, I don't know, Bill Gates at 25, starting his own corporation?
In some ways, yes. The basement dweller has had time to dwell on aspects of life that this Bill Gates hasn't an inkling of yet.

S

SwordBlaze

In some ways, yes. The basement dweller has had time to dwell on aspects of life that this Bill Gates hasn't an inkling of yet.
LoL also the child has not yet been influenced by warped views and standards of our society. Yet that same basement dweller may see things through a totally different window. So if he was a raving racist, he would be a lot less intelligent than many people of all ages.

S

SUPRsalad

here's me.

it's a bit old, but all i got :(

Well, look what I've found. I heard a rumor and I finally found you.
well met sir, but this game isn't big enough for both our mustache.
I hereby challenge yr mustache to an all-out no holds bar battle of mustache.
May the victor reign supreme.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, look what I've found. I heard a rumor and I finally found you.
well met sir, but this game isn't big enough for both our mustache.
I hereby challenge yr mustache to an all-out no holds bar battle of mustache.
May the victor reign supreme.
You're on!!!

(Right after I'm done watching the season finale of COPS!)