• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Exodus Encounter for Warriors

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to merge all available info from previous threads about this and see what has changed and what new information we can get.

While it is not possible to technically solo the encounter since you need at least one more person for the ritual, you don't necessarily have to use both of those characters to kill the Clockwork Exodus. I would like to keep this thread about either soloing the Clockwork Exodus once you made it in there, or using two warriors to kill it.

Crosshealing warrior characters seem to be the easiest way to do it. Some use wraith form (probably to drain his mana?), others use what looks like pure paladins. There is a video of a Sampire soloing Clockwork Exodus but according to this thread ( Exodus... ) leeching doesn't work on him. In this thread ( Exodus Encounter ) however, Ender claims that only life leech doesn't work on him. Does anyone have any solid data on that question?

According to this thread ( [Fencing] - Best elemental type for Exodus? ) it takes most damage from poison and energy weapons, followed by physical damage. Fire damage seems to be the worst choice. However, this only applies when the warrior doesn't use armor ignore or can't cast consecrate weapon. Both of which are recommended.

Bardskills can't be used on him according to this thread ( Exodus Encounter ). However, the Bard Masteries will work.

Video #1:
This guy uses a bushido paladin character with fencing (leafblade), bushido (he honors), chivalry and healing to solo Exodus.

Video #2:
2 crosshealing warriors. At least one a bushido paladin...

Video #3:
The same 2 characters but this time the tank is in vampiric embrace! (so maybe life leeching does work?) He still uses healing skill though.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Macer and Fencer cross healing each other, using Stagger and Pierce every 10 seconds to destroy Exodus' melee damage output.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What about the leech ability? Will leeches on weapons work? Does life leech from Vampiric Embrace work? Does mana leech from Wraith Form work? Or does it make more sense to put other mods on the weapons and stay away from those forms?

If leeches do work it might make sense to use wraith form on the character that is not the tank to speed up the process of draining Exodus' mana along with draining his stamina.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hit life leech and vampiric embrace won't work on Exodus. Hit mana leech, hit stamina leech and wraith form work on him. But I am not sure wraith form would drain his mana fast enough. He seems to have a really large mana pool.
Also, one needs to be careful when he summons raising colossi, for they are too purge magic happy.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hit life leech and vampiric embrace won't work on Exodus. Hit mana leech, hit stamina leech and wraith form work on him. But I am not sure wraith form would drain his mana fast enough. He seems to have a really large mana pool.
Also, one needs to be careful when he summons raising colossi, for they are too purge magic happy.
So the guy in video #3 is basically wasting 100 skill points by having VE active...he doesn't even use it for the poison immunity since he also uses orange petals. strange...

Can chivalry's Dispel Evil dispel rising colossi reliably?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Likely uses the bard for peacing bard mastery to boost throwers mods; not to disco exodus.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use the provoke masteries for the heals and stat bonuses. I have a luck suit on my bard, I'll drop party before the exodus drops. Get the higher luck drops on my bard half of the loot.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a luck suit on my bard, I'll drop party before the exodus drops. Get the higher luck drops on my bard half of the loot.
I could be wrong here (it may have changed) but I'm pretty sure (at least at one point) that the highest damager's luck is taken when applying luck regardless of party or not as there is only 1 loot generation done and it is not generated and luck checked for every person doing damage. Do you have a link to some release notes where this was changed? I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done a few with breaking the party and with not breaking the party, can't really tell a difference.

The last bit of hearsay that I'm aware of regarding the luck factor is that the loot generator makes it's decisions when the munster drops and it's split up between the people according to their luck. I have no definitive answer and luck has always seemed sketchy to me. I seem to get better drops with about 2.1-2.3k luck than I do with 3.5k. luck.

*shrugs*

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
So the way I have done exodus is with archers or throwers with bards playing songs... we always did 4 or 5 people, 2 bards (1 playing peace songs 1 playing provo songs). the toons that are damaging exodus are all wearing gear to rely on the buffs of the bards (useless suits without bards). The bards are both 4x120 bard skills, with mage and med both at 120... 1 also has 100 focus from gear. the throwers are 120 throwing, tactics, anatomy, resist, 40 necro, 100 bushido 60 chiv, 95ss. (gear has skills). if you lure exodus to a particular place and sacrifice one person the others can rez and kill him and he cant get out. It takes 10 minutes to complete a run like this.