• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] The enhanced client sucks

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[youtube]55-SBEWOBRQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55-SBEWOBRQ

other things ive noticed...
While web browsing it makes the client screen flicker like madness.
If i leave the client minimized too long it turns black on maximize and has to be restarted.
can some one work on a mod that fixes the 100000 bugs?

P

PowerFullPete

I have played EC from day one and never seen anything like that, so i wouldn't say it sucks the problem is on your end somewhere.....

F

Fink

:eek:

There's a very bad word for that in my language but mercifully it has no English equivalent.

I would definitely show that to someone who, purportedly, can help. Submit the link in a bug report, email it directly to an EA dev, grab their attention somehow.. it sounds feeble but it's better than allowing them to continue to ignore all the horrid glitches and irritating bugs. Remember to include all your system specifications and your circumstance, etc.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i saw something similar waaayyy back in the early beta stages but not since then.

Did you try to update your video driver?

And just btw - only because you're experiencing bugs, that no one else does (anymore) you don't need to say the whole client sucks. 'tis a bit harsh imho.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gildar's Recommended Absolute Minimal Steps to Take Before Saying a Client "Sucks"

Step 1 - Update your computer's video card drivers
NVIDIA drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us
ATI drivers: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML

Step 2 - Update DirectX
DirectX update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Step 3 - Run Windows Update
http://www.windowsupdate.com

Step 4 - Run a virus scan using up-to-date anti-virus software

Step 5 - Make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements of the client

Step 6 - Make sure at least one other game or program that uses your video card to the same degree as the client works properly

Step 7 - Politely report the bug you are experiencing to the developers of the client. Be sure to include all steps taken, and details about your computer's specifications.

Step 8 - Politely respond to any replies you receive from the bug report that require a response until you get a response (or wait a sufficient time with no response) that indicates that there are no more known steps you can take to resolve the problem without the client being updated.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I had the same problem a few months ago and I reinstalled video drivers and that fixed it! but for sure looks to be on your end not the EC!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh its defiantly on my end. I fixed the issue with the map today finally. I just uninstalled 2D and curb stomped my PC.

That other issue only happens when im running windows media center and watching dvr'd tv.

now just to get it running stable on all 4 cores...

H

HellaFarris

I'm running windows media center
<snip>
Base Specs

Operating System:

* Windows XP
* Windows Vista

CPU:

* Intel® Pentium™ III 1000 MHz or
* AMD® Athlon™ 1000 MHz

RAM:

* 512 MB or more

Video:

* 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3 class card or newer, ATI® Radeon™ 9700 or newer.
* DirectX® 9.0c and latest video drivers

* Exceptions:
o The following cards are NOT supported:
+ Geforce™ FX Series
+ Geforce4™ MX Series
+ GeForce™ PCX 5900
+ GeForce™ 6200 Series
+ Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000
+ ATI® Radeon™ X300 Series
+ ATI® Radeon™ X1300 LE HyperMemory-32

Sound:

* Card capable of supporting DirectX 9.0

Hard Drive:

* 4.0 GB available space

Internet Connection:

* 56k or better
<snip>

No mention of Media Center in the base specs - I'd imagine that's a fair bit to do with it.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No mention of Media Center in the base specs - I'd imagine that's a fair bit to do with it.
Windows Media Center is not an operating system, it is an application that runs on Windows XP: Media Center Edition, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

H

HellaFarris

hehehehe for some reason I was thinking of Windows ME..... my bad :)