• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The end of the trusty archer :(

P

P.W.N

First of all i would like to thank all the mages who have cried and moaned about archer in the last few months for ruining yet another template by throwing your toys out of the pram,pathetic and what you are doing is ruining the game further,by the time you idiots have done you will be fighting mongbats becuse everyone will of quit ultima, mages have been over powered from day one in this game and they never get nerfed, mage is one if not the stongest template in uo,you can cast spells that do 50+ damage in under 2 seconds so tell us all how the hell archer gets nerfed and mage does'nt? i played archer for over ten yrs and for the last 2 years i can count on my fingers how many mages i have killed 1v1 and i pvp everyday!! you moan archers are over powered? we cant even hit you ffs,65 dci? parry? mage? necro? since when could a mage use a warrior skills? its stupid,mages can cast deamons,mana vamp,anyone who has half a brain knows 1v1 mage owns archer and always has done,if you flacid boners learnt how to play mage properly you would'nt be complaining about stat loss becuse you would be alive.....

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Ahhh LOL,luv these first post visitors,where was your opinions before?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One day soon there shall be mages in your pizza, on your counter, and even in your toilet bowl!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy wall of text Batman!

(sorry, but I just had to steal that one ;))

P

P.W.N

Ahhh LOL,luv these first post visitors,where was your opinions before?
are you ********? without archer you have no game to play so man up and grow some plums and learn to play other templates as i have been told you are crap on a mage so that explains why you have the painters in 3 times a week and cry like a girl! :)

M

Mitzlplik_SP

are you ********? without archer you have no game to play so man up and grow some plums and learn to play other templates as i have been told you are crap on a mage so that explains why you have the painters in 3 times a week and cry like a girl! :)
ROFL, I never played that FOTM BS archer crap anyways. So bu bye kktks.

It seems to me,that I`m not the one crying here You made your very first post to boo hoo and shed your tears,don`t worry kiddo,you too can learn to play the all powerful MAGE RAWR!!!

S

Splup

If mages have been forced to invest 120 skillpoints to parrying, now it's dexers turn to invest some skillpoints too. After that the JOAT change has had no effect at all on mana cost.

S

Suzzy

The 20 skill points from humans’ “Jack of all Trades” will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost

Adapt.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
blah blah blah...idiot on an alt trying to telling someone else to grow a pair.

P

P.W.N

ROFL, I never played that FOTM BS archer crap anyways. So bu bye kktks.

It seems to me,that I`m not the one crying here You made your very first post to boo hoo and shed your tears,don`t worry kiddo,you too can learn to play the all powerful MAGE RAWR!!!
If you had learnt to play mage properly from day one you would'nt be on here wincing like a baby everyday,the uo team got that sick of reading your cry posts they nerfed archer to shut you up! well done we salute you pvm mage

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
*wonders how many alt Stratics accounts this guy will make before he goes*

P

P.W.N

If mages have been forced to invest 120 skillpoints to parrying, now it's dexers turn to invest some skillpoints too. After that the JOAT change has had no effect at all on mana cost.
funny that you have changed your tune now eh? mages dont need to take parry coz we wount be able to kill you anymore so when you have nobody to play with you will be back here moaning again lol asking ea to advertise ulitma in shops again just so you can cope in rl,there is life beyond ultima SLOP :(

M

Mitzlplik_SP

P.W.N.

You got:

Thanks for playing. QQ more. Enjoy replying to yourself,I`m done with you now. It brings me enough satisfaction in it itself knowing that your seriously pissed about a trivial change.That makes me smile,so thanks for making my day a little better. I`ll continue to read your comments cause they are child like and very entertaining but I`m done replying. I just don`t feel right belittling a child.

Good luck with your archer. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

P

P.W.N

P.W.N.

You got:

Thanks for playing. QQ more. Enjoy replying to yourself,I`m done with you now. It brings me enough satisfaction in it itself knowing that your seriously pissed about a trivial change.That makes me smile,so thanks for making my day a little better. I`ll continue to read your comments cause they are child like and very entertaining but I`m done replying. I just don`t feel right belittling a child.

Good luck with your archer. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ROFL its so clear you are raged by my comments, you even took the time to bring ali into the fight but he wount save you lol,like how you are backing away from the fight too you are a true sportsman but you lost this one my friend,no cigars for you just pity and hope you learn to play mage before archer is nerfed back :)

girana

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i played archer for over ten yrs and for the last 2 years i can count on my fingers how many mages i have killed 1v1 and i pvp everyday!! you moan archers are over powered?

if wasnt able to kill Mages before nothing have changed for u so dont cry

and i really want to see a Mage who can own my 4/6 Chiva Archer in 1on1

C

canary

This reeks of a S&R, in fact I will just forward it to the mods as such.

S

Splup

funny that you have changed your tune now eh? mages dont need to take parry coz we wount be able to kill you anymore so when you have nobody to play with you will be back here moaning again lol asking ea to advertise ulitma in shops again just so you can cope in rl,there is life beyond ultima SLOP :(
Mate, don't worry about my real life haha. rolleyes:

I adapted to archers by taking 120 parrying to 2 of my mages. Actually I had on 3 but dropped from one to make it more offensive.

We'll see if you do the same and adapt.

C

Connor_Graham

Since you're going to quit, along with others, can I have all of your bows and archer suits please? :thumbup:

B

Beer_Cayse

*eyes post count*

uh-HUH! alt or just disgruntled because a fave temp got mauled. <shrug> If ya quit, can I have yer stuff? Pweeze?

P

P.W.N

Mate, don't worry about my real life haha. rolleyes:

I adapted to archers by taking 120 parrying to 2 of my mages. Actually I had on 3 but dropped from one to make it more offensive.

We'll see if you do the same and adapt.
yeah you adapted so why you moaning about archer been overpowered because you know as well as i do that thats bull ****eeeeee and tbh you live longer now than you ever did so why do you keep wincing? a parry mage can easily kill an archer and if they stopped speedhack which you guys are well know for using maybe the god archers could'nt speed off the screen when they are low,when all the pvp archers quit you will be begging for it to be nerfed back,you think it will be fun when everyone plays mage? what a joke man people like you have ruined uo for years and thats why more and more people are leaving for other games becuse the devs listen to idiots like you who spend days on end crying about your precious mage lol,when ultima folds you will be back on here moaning again! send me your addy in rl and i will send you some kiddys toys and a dummy

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, I love seeing the no skill talentless archers cry.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all i would like to thank all the mages who have cried and moaned about archer in the last few months for ruining yet another template by throwing your toys out of the pram,pathetic and what you are doing is ruining the game further,by the time you idiots have done you will be fighting mongbats becuse everyone will of quit ultima, mages have been over powered from day one in this game and they never get nerfed, mage is one if not the stongest template in uo,you can cast spells that do 50+ damage in under 2 seconds so tell us all how the hell archer gets nerfed and mage does'nt? i played archer for over ten yrs and for the last 2 years i can count on my fingers how many mages i have killed 1v1 and i pvp everyday!! you moan archers are over powered? we cant even hit you ffs,65 dci? parry? mage? necro? since when could a mage use a warrior skills? its stupid,mages can cast deamons,mana vamp,anyone who has half a brain knows 1v1 mage owns archer and always has done,if you flacid boners learnt how to play mage properly you would'nt be complaining about stat loss becuse you would be alive.....
So you cant compete without playing a OP archer?Duly noted...

By the way the name fits you...

P.W.N.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For starters i have mage character and an archer. I play with whicever one im in the mood for because both to this day still can compete how i want them to. So for starters I can still hit you for close to 70 with my archer when i can get a good hit in. i can hide easier than a mage then stealth around unlike a mage. I can stealth and hit you with my yumi for 70+ then equip last weapon to sometihng much faster to make most mages try to run. need i remind you that mages cant cast while running. So i think someone needs to rework his/her template.

And on my second point of interest you ask since when can mages use warrior skills if I recall correctly tank mages were among one of the first templates of succesful PvP mages created so to answer that I would have to say since the begining of UO.

D

Divster

I play an archer, always have enjoyed playing dexers more than mages, played a mage for a while got fairly good at it but i'm just a dexer at heart in playstyle. This change is actually a good thing for the game, with the introduction of imbuing archers in particular had amazing choices of gear and especially weapons. While I've always hated the whole dexer vs mage mentality the fact remains it WAS imbalanced.

Its posts like this that make me ashamed to be a dexer, my god man grow a pair and make a few changes in your template, with the armour imbuing can grant you you can easily make a suit to compensate for any mana cost increase and still be perfectly viable.

Some other newly created account moaned about being able to only do 4 or so armour ignore moves in a row since the change. If ure relying on ai spamming people to death u don't frankly deserve the right to have an opinion on pvp.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 20 skill points from humans’ “Jack of all Trades” will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost

Adapt.
That's what everybody is crying about? Pathetic.

H

house4saleUO

Actually I'm glad they changed it. I'm tired of seeing all the lame azz moving shot archers running speeders and seem to have endless amounts of mana for running shots. I play a archer myself. So I'm lumped in this all to. Oh yah did I mention that little bug where they never seem to miss on running shot I personally love that one. Wonder if they fixed that to. What I really love is when you 1v1 another archer and you have 45 hci and still can not hit the nub. You know when a skill is to powerful when all the reds change there template to justify it.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I'll bite:

First off mages cant do 50+ damage in 2 seconds.

Let me explain: For a mage to do that much damage he has to at least cast corpse skin and evil omen on the person first, not even taking into account cursing them. So all of the time required to cast these spells (about 6 seconds) has to be taken into account.

Explode and Flamestrike take more than 2 seconds between the two of them it takes a little over 5 seconds casting time.

Also a dexer can forgo magic resist where a mage cant. So that gives the dexer 120 extra skill points to work with.

An archer can easily do 75HP in one hit (have you tried a yumi), I see it all the time. There is no combination of mage skills (necro, spellweaving, mysticism) that can do 75 hp damage in one spell. Again without casting any other prep spells like corpse skin. At one time Word of Death did huge amounts of damage and that was nerfed very quickly. Archers have done more damage per hit than any other template in the game for at least the last 5 years.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And on my second point of interest you ask since when can mages use warrior skills if I recall correctly tank mages were among one of the first templates of succesful PvP mages created so to answer that I would have to say since the begining of UO.
You Sir are correct, I know because I was one of those tank mages in 1997 :thumbup1:

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW... the only thing I can say is can I have your stuff?

I remember when WoD insta-kill noob archers quitting over a reasonable fix.
Deja Vu

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW... the only thing I can say is can I have your stuff?
Heh, well most of my stuff is on Chessy shard. I have 5 houses in Fel and 1 in Tram.

Thing is that since Imbuing came out most of my items that were worth hundreds of millions of gold are not relatively worthless :sad2:

My two main suits easily cost me 600 Mill each (value is relative to the inflation of the time you are playing. One day something could be worth 100 Mill and the next day it cold drop to 10 mill. 5 years ago is about when i built my two suits). Today they are worth a fraction of what i paid. Even though they are uber items, everyone has them now so their value dropped.

I remember when WoD insta-kill noob archers quitting over a reasonable fix.
Deja Vu
Funny thing was I worked Spellweaving the day it was released to GM in a couple days. Got a 120 SW scroll day one of release (can you say horse shoe up my ...) so I was 120 within the first week. This was about 3 weeks before people figured out the damage WoD did.

I was one of the people, on Chessy, who probably was able to take advantage of the Word of Death damage Imbalance more than anyone since I was near the first person on the shard with 120.

Because I have 6 accounts I had 5 of my guys in the prism of light to get me a 6th level arcane focus every day. Funny to see a person drop after the WoD and my insta war fork hit.

Definitely not fair, but good times the same.