• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The end is nearing

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If EA Games is a duffel bag full of cash to Amazon, UO is the quarter at the bottom of the bag. I don’t think Amazon would really care to do anything with UO if they ended up buying EA.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Trammel saved UO to many players where complaining about the unwanted killings. I remember a few that left the game because of it then came back after Trammel. The number peeked during the age of Trammel then started to fall at the age of shadows if I remember right. So we go back to a what if. If there was no Trammel then I do not think there would of been a game that lasted 25 years and counting.

I fixed it for you.
Umm....I was pretty clearly being sarcastic. Yes I know Trammel saved UO, didn't kill it.

I will now explain the joke.

Trammel was done many, many years ago (hence the *looks at date* line). UO's still here. Therefore, any claim that "Trammel Killed UO" is, by definition, suspect at best.

Please respond to indicate that you now understand the joke.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I would say that regardless of who owns x or whatever. It is the community the community experience that holds things together.

@Spartan if anything this thread shows. You have a whole lot of friends that value your participation in the community at whatever level you wish to engage with. That in itself is a plus.

Travel safe wherever you go my long time friend

*raises his glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in salute to your next adventure wherever it is*

mihali

Sage
I hope you will be well sire. I would keep one account though, with valuables in bank and stables. Keep them till the very end, whatever that end is. Good luck and have fun in your adventures @Spartan never give up sire, not with a name like @Spartan
1663474368068.jpeg

Last edited:

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Did not Amazon come out with a game system or am I thinking of someone else. I know they have some kind of game thing with prime but never looked into it.
Yeah they have Luna. It's meh. It has some okay games but I never found it to be super user-friendly.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah they have Luna. It's meh. It has some okay games but I never found it to be super user-friendly.
You can tie your prime to Twitch too. Amazon owns Twitch. You get a lot of freebies. Free games/Free Luna.

It's all very low quality stuff for the most part, but there are some gems. And I'm a League player so the monthly loot box is nice. WoW even put on some content for it these last few months.

Amazon has New World too, which wasn't widely accepted, but is still played and looks like a averagely decent game.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Our first stop will be to disinter the bones of Queen Dawn and bring her to the party, fused with a dead unicorn and festooned with flowers from the castle gardens. I have been contemplating this for years.
You could have made a killing eh or raised an army on Orign today

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Our first stop will be to disinter the bones of Queen Dawn and bring her to the party, fused with a dead unicorn and festooned with flowers from the castle gardens. I have been contemplating this for years.
Tomorrow, we ride with Dawn!

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Honestly, this sounds like a super fun storyline!!!