• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The disguise kit: Give us a reason to use it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a couple of little ideas to give thieves a little more reason to use the oft never used disguise kit that has been a part of the game since I've started.

1. Allow users to be able to wipe off their disguise much like the savage kin paint can be. Instead of the two hour time limit, I'd use it more if I could remove the disguise off before I logged out, then I wouldn't have to worry about my UOA macros getting screwed up.

2. Allow players to either enter in the name they want to have (including other player names so thieves can pretend to be other players while in disguise) Or to be able to choose out of a group of the lame NPC names that we are given upon application of the disguise kit.

Comments?...la

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just wish theyd change it so you could use animal form while disguised.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a couple of little ideas to give thieves a little more reason to use the oft never used disguise kit that has been a part of the game since I've started.

1. Allow users to be able to wipe off their disguise much like the savage kin paint can be. Instead of the two hour time limit, I'd use it more if I could remove the disguise off before I logged out, then I wouldn't have to worry about my UOA macros getting screwed up.

2. Allow players to either enter in the name they want to have (including other player names so thieves can pretend to be other players while in disguise) Or to be able to choose out of a group of the lame NPC names that we are given upon application of the disguise kit.

Comments?...la

I like both of these ideas. I hate waiting two hours it messes everything up when you log out and log back in. It's so annoying. I would also like to be able to choose a name. I haven't used a disguise kit in a long time because it's just not worth the trouble of doing your macros over again.

L

Lord Drakelord

Comments?...la

I like both of these ideas. I hate waiting two hours it messes everything up when you log out and log back in. It's so annoying. I would also like to be able to choose a name. I haven't used a disguise kit in a long time because it's just not worth the trouble of doing your macros over again.
Would be nice, like you I have not used a kit in several years, hated how it would miss up all my macros and that I was locked in one face for two hours. Would be a blast to use in role play, or games events.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I have spent years asking for the macro thing to be fixed. I'm done asking for that to take place (as it will never get onto the developers to-do list). Figure out I'd start asking for some things that they might actually be able to figure out...la

F

Fayled Dhreams

Add a couple of proviso's re: quick change artist (delay between use's) ... yeah ... I'll consider to /sign ...

a large enough "dataset/pool" for Names selectable, including a full range of Karma/fame titles ... sure ... makes sense ...
no grifter worth his salt ... used the pictures names in the "posing" wallet ... as bought ...
need to leave some light weight way to "detect" though ... maybe anat? (you notice the mustach is falling on one side ... )

Account bound for the timer though ... gonna be enough problems with "multi account" scamming and such ...

Consider linking Forensics and Tracking ? for long distance/term tracking?

dunno at the moment ...
got more?

M

Masumatek

2. Allow players to either enter in the name they want to have (including other player names so thieves can pretend to be other players while in disguise)
I used to think this would be a neat addition to the game. I would picture me pretending to be someone else and then change my name back to The THING, morph into some ninja form or some such, and attack them:p. Hehehe.

Then I realized the scamming opportunities...no thanks.

J

Jin Image

I still enjoy playing my thief, as for my macros i just open up my folder and copy paste my thiefs macros into the new char folder saves alot of time! But I wish they would make thiefs more playable in fell!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a UOAssist option to save character data by IDs, instead of by name.

Have you tried this to help with the disguise kit macro saving problem?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd just like to be able to remove the disguise kit like kin paint can be. I've got to believe the code is pretty much the same...la

E

Emil IsTemp

Item insurance didnt kill stealing, Rico (and kin) did.

Do like the ideas though.. for the most part.. see what happens when you think a lil bit? You can come up with some useful things. :heart:

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.
More.
Trolling.

or else...

BTW, I thought the primary function of the kit has always been messing one's macros...

E

Emil IsTemp

No.
More.
Trolling.
[\QUOTE]

No more trolling....la

Had some gra-mat-ikal errors..

I got it for ya Rico.. :postcount:

*holds hands out waiting to be cuffed*