• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Daily Whine 5598-2b

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lets talk PS for a bit shall we and the economy of smaller shards.....
There's PVP on Origin mostly by Guilds from ATL who take all the PS they gather off shard or want to sell (there is currently 1 PS a 120 tailoring for sale as far as i can see through vendor search on Origin) them at ATL prices
This is bad for Origins economy which is already different from other shards in that we just give most stuff to each other.
to cut to the chase here PS really should be Shard bound or and this will anger/upset the PVP crowd a new system in which any PS taken off shard is made a available through a NPC vendor ( i am OK with a price set by population of said shard divided by the number of Noobs Dark Lotus has killed that day ...

I choose to live on a low population Shard and choose to be a Trammy and not start a champ spawn to be raided i dont mind paying the Leet PVPers who LIVE on my shard ...but the PS need to stay here and be priced at the market value of our economy .......

PS don't worry i will whine about this again....
PSS Urlak says the price of Sturdy Shovels despite them being OP is fine and that i should shut my whine hole...

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Have you tried asking these people to sell you scrolls?

And the guy you mentioned does not call Atlantic home.

Prices are up now because the drop rate for good 120s is way down.

The devs have repeatedly said no to making them shard bound and recoverable.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Won't do any good to make the shard bound... problem is no one is really doing spawns... everyone is doing roof or something else... very few do spawns because those that want them "Mostly tamers" .... can't compete against all the PvPers using cheats and scripts and everything to get them and since they nerfed pets to oblivion against players Tamers aren't really willing to go get their own...

And to all those PvPers who think that the carrot of getting the scrolls will bring them there I say no... Haven't seen that happen... most that do actually go to fel and do spawns don't sell the scrolls they horde them away...

Getting 120's is rough... spawn after spawn after spawn nothing but 110's with the rare 115 even... let alone a 120 and since the pet publish getting anything useful as 120 for pets is like pulling teeth... Used to be you ALWAYS got the token 120 Wrestling... because NO ONE wanted it... now that everyone wants it the thing never drops... It's all macing 120's and such...

Murphys law in full force.

IMO they should allow 110's and 105's to drop in Tram... I bet if they did you'd see people doing them all the time.

But since the real "money" items drop from the roof that's pretty much where everyone seems to be. If they are doing anything other than hoping from shard to shard following EM Events hoping for that big drop that will net them 100+Million...

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mostly do Champ Spawns.
I've always enjoyed them, I mostly do them with my guild, we do a fair few, we are quite an active shard (Europa), but only 4 guilds can be said to do Champ Spawns, W, TUK, DiE and Pro.

Point 1.
Even though I get quite a few scrolls, I don't get so many 20's, it's quite a low drop rate, I rarely get to sell them outside my guild - I either collect, sell a few, or give them to guildies. So whilst it's a major part of my playstyle, there aren't that many to sell out. (So you are best off doing it yourself).

Point 2.
It's like the above poster says, there are very few players actually doing them, if players want them, they can do something about it, they are easy enough to get.

Point 3.
There are 20 Champ Spawn locations. Oaks, Deceit, Despise, Destard, Fire, Turtle, Marble, Damwin, CoD, Ice East, Ice West, Tortoise, Khaldun, Hoppers Bog, Desert, Oasis, Abyssal , Primeevil Lich, Terra and Terra Sanctum. It takes me 15 solid minutes to scout all of these. A Baracoon spawn takes 10 minutes to do. It has happened to me before, that I have scouted every single Champ Spawn, and by the time I've got back to the first one, someone has done it. They are quick to do.

Point 4.
There are 24 hours in a day. No PvPer is so dedicated they are scouting all that time, at max, they will do 2 full scout runs a day. Early mornings, afternoon, late evenings are usually completely left alone.

Point 5.
PvPers usually just want easy PvP, many of them just hang round Yew Gate trolling just to get someone to come to them, they are lazy, or just focused on wanting PvP, 95% do not even scout.

Point 6.
You can even bind them, so it gets easier, it isn't even random, you are almost guaranteed to get there in the end.

Point 7.
Many of them can even be soloed.

Point 8.
Most PvPers only scout maximum 7 spawns. Destard, Despise, Terra, Deceit, Ice East, Ice West, Marble - leaving 13 unscouted at all times.

Point 9.
You just need to be discreet. Maintain radio silence. Don't show up at Luna with your fancy slayer weapon. Don't talk about it in general chat, only talk about it with trusted friends, in private. Don't go leaving evidence you are doing spawns, no primers or equipment dropped on the ground, don't use Star Room, don't all go piling into Luna after a run - PvPers are very good at picking up on these clues. Let the PvPers think it is completely inactive, the moment they know there is activity, they will pay more attention.

Point 10.
Team up with the PvPers. On our shard, our 4 PvP guilds have plenty of PvMers, we need them to get stuff done ourselves! We do also PvM when there is no PvP. Make friends, work as a team. As a Veteran PvP guild, we often have no purpose in the game, so when someone new joins us, and needs stuff, it actually gives us a purpose, and a reason to go out and spawn, pvm, pvp. We need a reason to exist also.

How much more do you want?

I really don't believe there is any excuse for the current lack of Powerscrolls on the market, it's just that players are lazy, and like to whine. We've had quite a few new players join us recently, we do scrolls with them, they join in, no problems. Even for us it's quite slow getting them scrolled up (except Stat scrolls, they are like water for me as we are the best Harry guild in existence :) ), but like anything, it takes effort. You're all happy spending all day in the Roof, or Doom, or Medusa for your 200m Arties, but struggle to find a way to do something for a 50m item that's really surprisingly easy?

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving the PS prices going up, much more action on europa and much more champs to raid