• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) The Crowning of Lord Blackthorn

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight the throneroom of the new and magnificent Castle Blackthorn was filled to the brim with people from all over the realm and far away lands. Hundreds had come to see the coronation of Lord Blackthorn and whilst many supported him, there were alot who protested and made their distain clear during the ceremony.

The Hand of Chaos provided security for the massing crowds and for the long awaited return of their icon and founder of Chaos. After the chatter died down the noble Dupre made his appearance, addressing the people with a nice speech and beginning the ceremony. As Lord Blackthorn arrived, some folks threw fire bombs onto the stage, a stunt that may have bested Lord British in the past but had no effect on the mighty Blackthorn.
As Dupre finished the ceremony and lay the crown onto the head of King Blackthorn many shouted "Traitor" among other words in disgust, but many also welcomed their new King with cheers and words of praise. It is clear that Blackthorn has his work cut out for him if he is to unite the realm and bring an end to this divide, but i naturally have complete faith in him (Im clearly not biased :p).

When all the commotion had ended; everyone was lead through a portal into the famous grassy enclave where gifts are bestowed upon the people of Britannia. The gift this time was a replica of Lord Blackthorn's throne, a grand peice of furniture.

Once people had obtained their gift, we all returned to the garden of Castle Blackthorn where an archery competition was held by Dupre and Fynn Barret. The top 3 scorers would have their names engraved upon a pedastal that would be moved to King Blackthorn's office after the competition.
The winners were as follows:
1st Place with 200 Points Titanium
Joint 2nd Place with 150 Points Anna Goodward, Nimuaq, Thor and Tauriel

All in all it was a grand night filled with people, controversy, protest, celebration, competition and gifts!

(whilst i love Blackthorns paperdoll, he looks really skinny in 2D which is a shame)

Last edited:

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does amuse me that the Chaos troops line up in nice orderly ranks, with their uniforms all conforming to a certain design... maybe the long absence of Chaos' most significant proponent has led to some dilution of the principle?! I'd be interested to know what Blackthorn himself thinks

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chaos refering to the principle of Chaos in UO has a different meaning to the general real life meaning of the word. Blackthorn created the principle of Chaos to oppose the virtues.
Definition of Chaos - The defense of one's freedom of belief, individuality and difference.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After all that standing around to record the details... I forgot to check if text logging was turned on for Sam Slade. It wasn't :( So I don't have the full results for the Archery after all, which is a shame, as Sam scored an incredible 2000 points and pulled the serving wench too!

Here are some screenshots from the event instead then.

Proof first of all of just how divided the kingdom was; Aron there also protested, not because this individual, if he truly is uncorrupted by Exodus, can be a traitor as such, but the philosophy pf Blackthorn is not that of the wider lands, nor our much missed liege, Lord British.That Dupre seemed so unconcerned with the banners and iconography of Chaos is a worrying development...

Then the mad scrabble for rewards began; greed corrupts the land! Why does my desktop now look different, and have a female avatar instead of Aron? Quick, look over there! A funny video of a kitten playing with a Chaos shield!

And here's what the Replica Throne looks like when placed. It looks exactly like this, really it does.

Last edited:

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
freedom of belief, individuality and difference.
Yes, that is the definition of Chaos I was thinking of ;) I accept it is possible to defend the principle of Chaos in an orderly, uniform fashion; just as it's possible for a patchwork rabble of players to defend the 'Order' virtues while running around like headless chickens. Espousing a philosophy doesn't require one to embody it in every aspect of life. I just find it amusing and slightly ironic, like an atheist attending church every week 'just in case'

Didn't mean to detract from the report though which is appreciated! I saw about half the event but had to abandon the archery

Last edited: