• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Bone Harvester Weapon Question

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does this weapon "Not" harvest the bones?

I know Ant Lions carry bones, But the Bone Harvester does not "Harvest" them....

Awaits A Satisfying Awnser...

K

Kratos Aurion

Well if you really want a common sense answer. The bone harvester is just a sickle. Sickles are farm tools used to harvest wheat and other grain crops. Its all in the name. If you look at it from a reallity standpoint, the weapon could hardly be used to salvage anything from a body.

From the games standpoint, it may be a good idea. Maybe double the amount of bones you harvest with a bone harvester? or give the ability to harvest bones from all creatures and not just selected creatures who drop bones as loot.

S

Sir Kenga

Cool, yea i really would like it to harvest bones hahahaha!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i'd like to be able to harvest Bones from almost any corpse. Pain in the ass slaughtering the Zombie population of New Haven and all the graveyards just to get a measly amount of bones, especially considering Bone Armor takes so many of them and has a low Exceptional rate even with 120.0 Tailoring and a good Tailoring Talisman.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does this weapon "Not" harvest the bones?

I know Ant Lions carry bones, But the Bone Harvester does not "Harvest" them....

Awaits A Satisfying Awnser...
"Satisfying" is a subjective judgment.

The bone harvester appears to have been named because it kinda-sorta sounded scary and threatening and necromancer-ish.

Envision it "hooking" your opponent's bones and internal organs. Envision said bones and internal organs being yanked out when you withdraw the weapon. Envision your opponent's corpse. Not just dead, but dismembered, his blood bones and organs scattered on the ground like an unholy garden, growing in the soft, dewy grass.

I see nothing wrong with some things in the game existing primarily for aesthetics or atmosphere or (heaven forbid!!) roleplaying. While I've always argued that every "boss" monster spawn type thing should have a special reward, I don't find anything wrong with how a weapon is named being one of those things that's atmosphere only.

-Galen's player

PS: What's very interesting to me is that the elf weapon "Leafblade" seems similar designed to leave ugly, intimidating wounds wounds. Yet, it's named so much more innocuously.....

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree Galen, the bone harvester is one of my favorite weapons, and I envision the necromancer's way of "harvesting" bones using it rather than the more literal interpretation some people are assigning to it. It is after all the weapon of choice for the aspiring necromancer (look in you rhand when you create a new necromancer). :)

C

Coppelia

If you want to harvest bones, the first thing you should ask is to be able to seed and grow them. You know, if you want to take a roleplayish name literally, do it all the way.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bone armour.. Ahhhh.. Would really like to see that instead of all the leather parts you see around.

Maybe it could be made a little easier to craft.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe it was just easier than using Khopesh as it's name...though the Khopesh was more similar to an axe