• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] The Blown to Hell Pristine Ship

• Thread starter Jonathan Baron
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
J

Jonathan Baron

If this has been addressed earlier my apologies - I did a proper web search and scan of all recent topics.

My Orc ship was scuttled...I made emergency repairs, got to land, made the permanent ones. It remained scuttled and would accept more materials for emergency repairs and another 11 mins or so of sailing. It looked blown all to hell but reported itself as in pristine condition. It would repeat this when I'd attempt to make permanent repairs again.

Did everything I could think of. Removed everything, dry docked the skip. It deploys in its blown to pieces state. Cannot sail. Will accept emergency repairs but not permanent ones and not because I'm not close enough to land, as I am indeed. I can still dry dock it and refloat it.

Known bug?

Any known work arounds?

Many thanks folks :)

S

Sally MacLennane

I'll second, having seen it, that the ship was, indeed, at land when fully repaired and even showing as "pristine", yet was still deploying as a shattered wreck.

(Aside, since I was piloting the thing at the time: Apparently the Jhelom South Docks aren't "land", go figure.)

Pirate hunting gone awry. Ship repairs gone worse.

I'm stumped.

Having puttered over to some other UO forums some suggest letting it decay and land back in the owner's pack when this happens. Does this work with orc ships? Or any ships?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmmm, have you tried sailing over a server line with it?

Just a wild shot. sometimes things get refreshed after crossing one.

J

Jonathan Baron

Mmmm, have you tried sailing over a server line with it?

Just a wild shot. sometimes things get refreshed after crossing one.
That's what I kept doing, Frarc - trying this or that to knock the server upside the head to keep my boat from staying knocked on the head. Crossing the server line was excruciating of course because a blown to hell Orc ship traveling on its emergency 11 minutes each time is hardly a fine sea bird with a bluff bow, capable of sailing close hauled three points off, so to speak.

But you had the right idea. After floating her a fourth or a fifth time from a different location after dry docking her following each ill fated placement in the digital water, after the server did its placement check her battle damage suddenly vanished and she was indeed in pristine, like new condition. She had a new gal at the helm too.

As I assembled her from "pieces of eight" deed fragments obtained as drops from being a crew member on other hunts (under far more capable captains than I at this moment ;) ) I was quite pleased. I only wish I could conclude this with a definitive answer.

But it comes down to what Sally did and what you suggested: just keep trying things that have the effect of asking the same question over and over until you get the answer you want.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
getting shot at again also will refresh it in most circumstances.

J

Jonathan Baron

getting shot at again also will refresh it in most circumstances.
The cannon ball that refreshes, eh Basara? ;)

Only problem now is with my new pilot/helmswoman Ainselle. She keeps telling me stories of "wenches" as he puts it that she's hooked up with in various bars.

Hmmmmm......

Worst part is that just as it's about to get interesting she shuts up completely....always for the same reason: "'Tis a dull story..."

To hell it is!

Not something one files a bug report about though....rather, something for the feature list or for the game codes store: the Hot Lesbian Tillerwomen Theme Pack. Buy it and they'll finish their stories. Buy the Lurid Bundle and they'll finish them in very graphic, kinky detail while wearing a dominatrix outfit: one on deck and one for use as home deco. And I've been a very, very bad captain.

But I digress....
-

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this happened to me with 2 orc ships couple months after high seas release. After trying a bunch of stuff i just abandonned the idea of fixing them and just used them as deco in my house.

another couple months passed and i thought i just try to redeploy them see what happens. To my surprise both were fixed.

Now i know that dosent help you bc i have no idea what fixed em. Just saying, dont toss them they can be fixed apparently... lol

Or id try to lock them down in your house for a couple hours / days...who knows...

S

Sally MacLennane

Only problem now is with my new pilot/helmswoman Ainselle. She keeps telling me stories of "wenches" as he puts it that she's hooked up with in various bars.

Hmmmmm......

Worst part is that just as it's about to get interesting she shuts up completely....always for the same reason: "'Tis a dull story..."

To hell it is!

Not something one files a bug report about though....rather, something for the feature list or for the game codes store: the Hot Lesbian Tillerwomen Theme Pack. Buy it and they'll finish their stories. Buy the Lurid Bundle and they'll finish them in very graphic, kinky detail while wearing a dominatrix outfit: one on deck and one for use as home deco. And I've been a very, very bad captain.

But I digress....
-
I have that same question with my Ayuna. "I met a wench in Nujelm..." Then she STOPS and says "'tis a dull tale." Good Lord, the lost potential in UO story telling and works towards social justice.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....something for the feature list or for the game codes store: the Hot Lesbian Tillerwomen Theme Pack. Buy it and they'll finish their stories. Buy the Lurid Bundle and they'll finish them in very graphic, kinky detail while wearing a dominatrix outfit: one on deck and one for use as home deco. And I've been a very, very bad captain.

But I digress....
-
I hope you're still playing, Jonathan.... We need lots more of your kind of humor !
:danceb:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cannon ball that refreshes, eh Basara? ;)

Hmmmmm......

To hell it is!

But I digress....
-
I'm totally with you Jonathan! I am also completely annoyed that she says "aye aye SIR." Hello? I am most definitely a female. Couldn't they make it "Captain"? Much less annoying...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm totally with you Jonathan! I am also completely annoyed that she says "aye aye SIR." Hello? I am most definitely a female. Couldn't they make it "Captain"? Much less annoying...
Yes, you are completly correct Rhiannon... I would be very annoyed if I was on one of my female chars and she was addressed as Sir.
Just sayin...:)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you are completly correct Rhiannon... I would be very annoyed if I was on one of my female chars and she was addressed as Sir.
Just sayin...:)
So aside from posting something like this that HAS to be a small easy change to the system (change out the sound byte from "aye aye, sir" to aye aye Captain"), how do we get this suggestion into the hands that can make it happen? Syrus? Any ideas?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So aside from posting something like this that HAS to be a small easy change to the system (change out the sound byte from "aye aye, sir" to aye aye Captain"), how do we get this suggestion into the hands that can make it happen? Syrus? Any ideas?
hmm, or maybe even 'aye aye Cap'n' ? Though as far as I know there's no 'sound byte' for it.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On top of the gender confusion issues, it bugs the crap out of me that she keeps going on about meeting a grandmaster mage, when her boss is Legendary....

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On top of the gender confusion issues, it bugs the crap out of me that she keeps going on about meeting a grandmaster mage, when her boss is Legendary....
Aye.... 'tis a bit oafish, that....
;)