• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The blame game

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

I have issues

lol. When will people start keeping themselves informed and stop blaming others?
Some things I’d like to respond to from other posts, so I’m making this post.

<blockquote><hr>

If you are not a very important person in game, or have "status" you are so overlooked, you don't get answers and the "DEVS" don't bother to even try to help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you get your information? If and when I have problems, I go to town hall, read over blog and stratics notes, ask other players, and if I have to, send emails or IMs to devs. How does that give me “status”? What is stopping you from doing the same? Why do I have to feel blamed because I find an answer faster than you would? If I had to guess I’d say you are only overlooked because you allow yourself to be.

<blockquote><hr>

Or the famous “I pay $9.99 a month…”

[/ QUOTE ]
Understandable that you want to play what you pay for. (Excluding connection problems, THIS IS A NEW GAME, START EXPECTING CHANGES IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY!) With changes you should expect problems. If you can’t handle that then there is now a new option to the game, it’s called free play. Try it if you’re that unhappy with paying $.36 a day to have gaming entertainment.

The ones that bother me the most is those who come here to get upset about the payouts, like it’s a new thing. We are all aware of the crappy payouts…search a thread that already has this topic and use it. Or maybe read through it to see that you’re not the only one who dislikes them.

We are all in the same boat , we just deal with issues differently. But some people are so rude and disrespectful to others or think their problem is the most serious around. Then they wonder why people don’t respond well to their post or why I roll my eyes and don’t care about their issue...

G

Case in point "Stop the world... I want my Skill Lock!" lol... sorry

I

imported_Qute Pi

Thats another thing, I always notice its the same people. They NEVER have anything positive to bring to the table.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I could get huffy puffy and red hot angry when things are quite right on the game.

But then I think it over....look where we are today. Look at all that has happened in the past year.

These 'merges' and 'new codes' may sound like 'nothing'....'just another day at work' deal...but these are big tasks...HUGE in fact.

And these things are happening fast too. These kind of changes in a game takes not half a year but years.

Our small little team of TSO lovin' devs really deserve a huge reward for all that they have made happen.

Sure, there are things needing done, fixed....sure there are people still needing help...but like Qute said....use your resources. IM the devs with a details description of what's going on and what processes you are using. Don't always assume it's an ea problem. If you have a warranty, you may wish to contact your CPU maker.

I called HP and they gave me a little trick to try and hopefully when I get home I'll have a message that it was 'successfully' installed....cross your fingers if it works I'll let you know what the trick was.

And then you have us players who find out things to help each other too.

G

I have a feeling the people complaining miss their OH MY GOD houses and their millions or billions in simoleans. Just a feeling, I am sorry if I am wrong. Those of us who started with nothing when TSO was just starting have been through all this before. Mind you, we started with 10k... but that is another story. Basically everyone has 2 options to look at:

1: Accept, move on and enjoy the game.
2: Don't and quit the game.

There is no going back. There is no undo button. This is TSO and EA-Land from now on. I for one and looking forward to all of this.

G

I was at a house last night with a few people who were going on about how the game has been ruined, and that they flipped out when they got merged and realized they had $0.

It's amazing how people can be angry about something they've had months to prepare for.

Every thing that has changed, they've taken it in a negative way. They had a con for every pro. I was about to flip out when I took a few deep breaths and said:

"The way I look at it, it was either this or no game at all. They were going to shut the game down last year."

To which they replied:

"They should have shut it down."

However, these were PAYING customers! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but, somebody who pays $9.99 month after month and who is STILL continuing to pay must have SOME kind of sentimental attatchment to the game, at the very least.

The thing I find funny about the "Why do I pay $9.99 a month?" or "I'm quitting the game and cancelling my 27 accounts and taking my friends with me." arguments is the fact that they're still happening and get this: EA is offering FREE accounts! .

And there is a simple solution to this who need instant gratification. Cancel your account. Stop paying the monthly subscription fee. Get a free account and put your $9.99 towards 10k simoleans.

[/rant]

G

The even better ones are the "I swear... this time I am going to quit!". Then you remember this same person said the same thing 2 weeks earlier... and 2 weeks before that... and so on....

The truth is, alot of people in this game, though they deny it in almost every bio, love drama. They love the fact they can cause drama. They love the fact they can cause drama over themselves. They are complainers and there is no pleasing these select few. I just hope their negativity doesn't spread to newbies and cause us to lose new players who want to see change.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

When will people start keeping themselves informed and stop blaming others?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the answers to the questions they do not know are given in simplified, non-cheerleading, locked boards that contain the devs updated FAQs

I personally refuse to become 'informed' because of two simple reasons:

1) I do not know anything about coding or computer jargon so trying to understand the wiki, tech forums or 'simple text' given by others just does not work for me. Saying " oh you just go through folder X, open .exe, simplify by reworking the system" blah blah blah....I will never understand that.

2.) Cheerleaders, I do not give a [censored] about how great you and your little possy of go getters love the game, if I want an answer to a question I will want just that, not some bs explanation as to why I am wasting other peoples time because I do not believe the game is as much as they do.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

"The way I look at it, it was either this or no game at all. They were going to shut the game down last year."

To which they replied:

"They should have shut it down."

However, these were PAYING customers! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but, somebody who pays $9.99 month after month and who is STILL continuing to pay must have SOME kind of sentimental attatchment to the game, at the very least.

[/ QUOTE ]

In life there will be....
........People you can please all the time,
........People you can please some of the time,
.....and lastly the people you will never please.

Ever see vultures circling a dying animal....waiting for it to die?

EAland may need customers but 'some' customers come with a heavy price tag if they manage to negatively impact new players and run them away from the game.

When I'm playing TSO....I am home...off work and relaxing. When I land at a house, the first thing that will have me leaving a property fast is to hear roomies or homeowners talking smack about TSO. I think the old Griot storytellers like to call those kind of people 'Signifying monkeys'....look it up!

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol...that's what i'm sayin! You make great points...

G

Ok. Let me get this straight. You don't know anything about a computer, yet you have figured out how to play TSO. What are you 110? You have no concept of a folder or how to delete something on your PC? Man, being an engineer I would hate to see how much crap there is on your PC just because you can't figure out how to delete stuff or access folders. There is a great book out there, and please do not take offense to this. "Windows XP (for Vista) for Dummies". It will teach you everything you need to use your PC for and how to do it. No longer will you have to worry about "Wow, they said to double click on that folder... but how?" I am joking of course but seriously, you should learn this stuff just for yourself.

I

imported_Qute Pi

One thing I know is if I'm having a problem with the game, most likely at least 5 others on stratics alone has had the problem and gotten some sort of an answer. Following someone elses directions isn't really that hard, even when you are clueless. And if you'd look you'd get exactly what you're looking for...an answer. Since you refuse, I really see no reason why you should complain.

I had to explain to my mom recently that computers do not run themselves.
Maybe more than just my mom think this way...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When will people start keeping themselves informed and stop blaming others?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the answers to the questions they do not know are given in simplified, non-cheerleading, locked boards that contain the devs updated FAQs

I personally refuse to become 'informed' because of two simple reasons:

1) I do not know anything about coding or computer jargon so trying to understand the wiki, tech forums or 'simple text' given by others just does not work for me. Saying " oh you just go through folder X, open .exe, simplify by reworking the system" blah blah blah....I will never understand that.

2.) Cheerleaders, I do not give a [censored] about how great you and your little possy of go getters love the game, if I want an answer to a question I will want just that, not some bs explanation as to why I am wasting other peoples time because I do not believe the game is as much as they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it is your perrogative to refuse to become informed as you say, but is not your perrogative to expect people to answer questions that the answers can be found even *here* sometimes by using Search, or to expect wording to be changed that other, non-program tech savvy people have been able to understand for the most part. When there are things we do not understand, we ask, yes, but only *after* trying to obtain the information ourselves. That's the jist of this thread....there seems to be alot of requirements for hand-holding (as in parent to child, not romantic) and nose-wiping going on. We're all supposed to be over the age of 13, which is plenty old enough to start learning how to use search functions, FAQ's and tools given to us to get information, followed by asking questions if we just *cannot* find the information.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Ok. Let me get this straight. You don't know anything about a computer, yet you have figured out how to play TSO. What are you 110? You have no concept of a folder or how to delete something on your PC? Man, being an engineer I would hate to see how much crap there is on your PC just because you can't figure out how to delete stuff or access folders. There is a great book out there, and please do not take offense to this. "Windows XP (for Vista) for Dummies". It will teach you everything you need to use your PC for and how to do it. No longer will you have to worry about "Wow, they said to double click on that folder... but how?" I am joking of course but seriously, you should learn this stuff just for yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am an anomaly for not caring/understanding computer related stuff what can I say? Therefore do not bother to educate myself in the subject. I don't create posts about how I do not understand everything nor do I post on every single board made about complaints I will lurk (you can check my replies history)...obviously during those lurks I try to make sense of things by myself but clearly its not easy for me to.

<blockquote><hr>

Well, it is your perrogative to refuse to become informed as you say, but is not your perrogative to expect people to answer questions that the answers can be found even *here* sometimes by using Search, or to expect wording to be changed that other, non-program tech savvy people have been able to understand for the most part. When there are things we do not understand, we ask, yes, but only *after* trying to obtain the information ourselves. That's the jist of this thread....there seems to be alot of requirements for hand-holding (as in parent to child, not romantic) and nose-wiping going on. We're all supposed to be over the age of 13, which is plenty old enough to start learning how to use search functions, FAQ's and tools given to us to get information, followed by asking questions if we just *cannot* find the information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not expecting anything out of this site or game to help me, there are other places to look for info which I have done but like I mentioned before it is not easy for me to understand even partial tech subjects I guess that should be a major boo hoo for me, but oh well. I will continue to lurk and only post on tech-ish/game problem matters when I feel like it, but apparently its not a good idea for me to say that I do not know computers lol.

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

I have issues

lol. When will people start keeping themselves informed and stop blaming others?

<blockquote><hr>

If you are not a very important person in game, or have "status" you are so overlooked, you don't get answers and the "DEVS" don't bother to even try to help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you get your information? If and when I have problems, I go to town hall, read over blog and stratics notes, ask other players, and if I have to, send emails or IMs to devs. How does that give me “status”? What is stopping you from doing the same? Why do I have to feel blamed because I find an answer faster than you would? If I had to guess I’d say you are only overlooked because you allow yourself to be.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it is MY quote you used, I will tell you where in the Heck I have been and Had No idea what was going on, I have been paying for this game since it came out, so I should have been able to been guided the CORRECT WAY by EA Customer Service. But for your dam information, i have been in the hospital trying to stay alive having blood transfussions and what not. I was not in game, as I was trying to stay alive, my daughter was trying to take hers! So the military had to bring my husband home on emergency leave. I am still having severe health issues, my daughter is still in and out of the hospital as well as I am. I have asked a few times and really was not answered on questions that I did have. I did go to the "EA LOT" in game, and talk about getting no answers and you really have to beg or repeat your questions over and over before you do get an answer. Reason I had to call EA in the first place? because I was not able to log in here. I had to get some help in getting it all reset up and everything. So, If YOU are allowed to vent, so are we.

G

I been reading your posts for years CCSim and I dont believe you are an ignorant person. Try again to convince me.

G

Calvinscreek,
Sorry man. I was in rare form and I am very sorry for my post. How about this one, if you have any questions, shoot me an e-mail. I will try to explain something so that even with a lack of computer knowledge you will understand. Bu t seriously? Buy that book. Even I have read it and it is a good read and teaches you things in plain english.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Calvinscreek,
Sorry man. I was in rare form and I am very sorry for my post. How about this one, if you have any questions, shoot me an e-mail. I will try to explain something so that even with a lack of computer knowledge you will understand. Bu t seriously? Buy that book. Even I have read it and it is a good read and teaches you things in plain english.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be sorry, I learn of ways to deal with people all the time I don't mind it.

If I feel the need to read up on stuff theres a library about 5 minutes from me, already tried the 'for dummies' book on ebay, worked out okay but I haven't gone back to ebay.

<blockquote><hr>

I been reading your posts for years CCSim and I dont believe you are an ignorant person. Try again to convince me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Convince you of what?

edited for 2nd quote reply

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I have issues

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it is MY quote you used, I will tell you where in the Heck I have been and Had No idea what was going on, I have been paying for this game since it came out, so I should have been able to been guided the CORRECT WAY by EA Customer Service. But for your dam information, i have been in the hospital trying to stay alive having blood transfussions and what not. I was not in game, as I was trying to stay alive, my daughter was trying to take hers! So the military had to bring my husband home on emergency leave. I am still having severe health issues, my daughter is still in and out of the hospital as well as I am. I have asked a few times and really was not answered on questions that I did have. I did go to the "EA LOT" in game, and talk about getting no answers and you really have to beg or repeat your questions over and over before you do get an answer. Reason I had to call EA in the first place? because I was not able to log in here. I had to get some help in getting it all reset up and everything. So, If YOU are allowed to vent, so are we.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was your quote. I think its silly that you can blame others for getting better responses because you have health issues. Why can you be disrespectful to other players and it's ok? I am very sorry for your health problems, but that is no reason to treat other players like they are crap because they can get an answer. Not to mention that I was completely willing yesterday to take time out of my day to help you with one of your problems, which you never got back to me about, yet its my fault?

I never said you couldn't vent, my problem is you blaming others where blame shouldn't be placed. I must have status because I can get a problem resolved...nevermind the effort I put into getting my own problems resolved.

And not to be rude but you've hit a nerve now...
If your life is that bad...and your family is having that many issues, what are you doing spending your time and energy on this game? Shouldn't you go deal with your daughter instead of treating us like we are mud puddles?

I

imported_rpsky3

I just got back and have not been able to get back to you. She is alot better now, she tried to harm herself in Jan. If you read All of my posts, you would have seen that is when my husband came home. I just got back to playing this game at least a bit so i can try to have some me time as i was instructed by my doctor to help relax and not be as stressed out. I never mentioned you or was even talking about you, i was referring to another issue that was mishandled by a Maxis rep. Our daughter is now in a safe place and I can actually play this game on a laptop in bed or in the hospital. I stated the reason i was not in game and had NO idea what was going on in the game is because of what was going on with my health and with our child. At least I am trying to be positive with what is facing my family and yet, still trying to move on and live one day at a time.

When was I disrespectful? i was merely agreeing with another poster and that is how i feel. No one knew of my health issues until today. In my other post here. So how can you state that I feel that I am getting overlooked because of my health issues? i never once said that. I just merely stated where the heck i have been and as to why I did not know what was going on in this game.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Well #1 thing is regardless of our feelings, I wish you and your family the best in getting through this difficult time.

As for your post, had you referred to EA or Maxis or support that is one thing, but you were getting upset that "connected" players get better results, when in fact that is not true. I also take offense to that because I used to be in your frustrated shoes till I started making the effort on my own and getting results.

And when I quoted you on that it was a general thing because you are not the only person to speak down about other players in that fashion. That is why I didn't use your name or any name.
When I said you were being overlooked it was a general you, not directed to you specifically, but to anyone who thinks "connected" players get better results.

Either way, no matter what you do or don't know, it's not other players / posters faults that they get results and you don't. There are many of us around here willing to help other players, give us a chance before getting frustrated with us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I have issues

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, breathe, everybody.

First of rpsky, I am sorry to hear what was going on....I knew things were happening, but I did not know *what*.

Secondly, I don't think Qute Pie had you and ONLY you in mind when she made this post. Yes, absolutely *you* have very legitimate reasons for not being 'in the know', but for every person like you, there are 5-10 others that are like cc sim ADMITTED she was, just could not be bothered to even try.
*Those* are the ones that this post was talking about, not the legitimate reasons there might be. We're not clairvoyant.....we only know what is presented here, and so we can only go on that information alone. If there are extenuating circumstances, then maybe it should be stated so ahead of time, not necessarily with the details but the details can be presented if the original poster deems them necessary or whatever.

After this long with this much frustration mounting, its the human condition to become jaded and cynical, especially when reading posts from players that clearly state that they do not want to take the time to read and comprehend, they want to be spoofed. The thought process becomes, well gee, if people are so bold in admitting it I wonder how many others feel that way and just don't say so when they ask for help, and maybe THEY never really tried either. Maybe that's not the right attitude, but it is understandable.

I

imported_rpsky3

I really need to breath here. thank you. I am just sitting here and not sure what is really happening. I just got my results in yesterday, dr called and wanted to see me right away. I went in and he told me i had cancer of the uterus and cysts on the ovaries. my Nana died from it, my mom had it and nearly died and so did my sister. I have been sick for well near 2 years and they never knew what was causing it. I am so stressed and still trying to take it all in and not sure how to deal with it all. I am so far from any family due to military duty station and may be even moving further away. If I am coming across strong, I really am sorry.

I

imported_Juniper Skye

OK everyone, deep breaths and thoughts of puppy dogs and sunshine!

Now let's try and keep this thread on topic and respects the opinions and views of others.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Curious - I wonder why ppl aren't lining up to help you out?
Is a puzzlement.

G

The first two times i played this game i didnt even know stratics existed. For what ever reason i was completely unaware. Even when i did first start using stratics, i didnt know how to navigate it or search for information. That got me flamed a little, but to each his own. The people who ask questions that have already been answered are probably pretty new to the game and this site. It takes just as much time to type up an answer to their question as it does to flame them for asking it. But that wouldnt feed to many peoples superiority complexes. I suppose the people who get tired of the questions feel as strongly about the issue as the people who get tired of reading self righteous flamers feel about theirs. I am sure i am not the only one who gets tired of reading "those of us who have been around since the game started" followed by a list of how tired you are of seeing posts by people who are simply not as awesome as you are. Oh its great that people have been around that long in this game, but if people care as much about the game as they say they do, they should be more helpful and enthusiastic regarding all the "annoying Noobs" because if we dont have new players we dont have a game. And if some people think they are so superior then they need use their great wealth of knowledge to teach the noobs and encourage them, because this chest beating and dare i say again, self righteousness is going to run players off. I am sure this is going to incite the flamers to tell me how stupid i am, but then again, i dont care so flame away.

G

I'm not going to tell you you're stupid, because you stated this in your own post: one side is as self-righteous and as much to blame as the other. If everybody would realize this, then perhaps all the labeling and separation between 'cheerleaders' and 'negative nancies' would stop. Gilly was the first person to make a post about that, or at least a separate thread anyway.....but yet it continues to go on because people are more focused on "I'm right, you're wrong" than "let's work together, and ALL do our parts to make sure this game succeeds", 2 parts of doing one's own part being helping newbies but also taking responsibility to gain information ourselves before asking someone else to do the research for us. Based on that, you're correct, both sides have things they need to work on.

I

imported_Spacey

I get huffy sometimes, I admit it. It is very frustrating when you try hours and hours (or days) to get on and are constantly in a verification loop. I understand that they are working hard and things will happen, but sometimes you just gotta vent... and that is a part of what discussion boards are for. But I am also very happy with the way things are going and do appreciate their work and give thanks to them. Can't a person do both. Yes. If you don't have ups and downs... you ain't livin'!

If you don't want to read someone's venting...go somewhere else, ignore it and don't reply. Just as it is simple for them to sign up for a free account instead of paying 9.99, it is simple for you to look past their posts.

And that's what I got to say 'bout that. :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you don't want to read someone's venting...go somewhere else, ignore it and don't reply. Just as it is simple for them to sign up for a free account instead of paying 9.99, it is simple for you to look past their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, to a point, but I for one never put a person on ignore because if they *do* have something legitimate to say, I want to be able to read it. I'm also one to believe that nobody is above change, so I am very slow to give up on people when others would have written them off long ago. Also, I've found that positivity spreads much slower than negativity. When there is a high volume of over-negativiy, it spreads like a cancer and can even make those who would normally have positive attitudes to get fed up and either quit reading the boards, or quit the game. This could result in the community losing some of the brightest and hard-working amongst us when it comes to issues that are phrased in a constructive way being dealt with (more flies with honey than vinegar, anyone?), and I for one do not want to see that happen, which is why I am vigilant at doing what I can do ensure that things don't go from the occassional venting now and then to the opposite extreme which is almost where we're at now....which is majority negative posts and not as many positives. If you think that getting yelled at for being overly-negative would run a newbie off, do you think that reading thread after thread and post after post of "OMG this game sucks they need to fix these problems!!!!11111" are gonna entice them any more?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand me my pom poms!! I'll take the good with the bad. If something isn't working for me....I make a lengthy report to one of the devs and wait it out.

I love this game enough to just give it a chance to succeed and be patient in doing so. There are more important things in life to get my knickers in a bunch for.

If you don't like and enjoy the game then ....why are you playing it? By the tones I'm hearing I almost feel like the buzzards are circling actually wanting to see it fail just so they can feel good?

G

<blockquote><hr>

And that's what I got to say 'bout that. :p

[/ QUOTE ]

You are quite right. I believe everybody is entitled to their opinions, and anybody is entitled to agree or disagree, or even ignore. Perhaps this thread is just more fuel to power their flames, however I think that we are all frustrated with not only various things within the game but with each other to a degree.

I think we are all losing sight of the reasons we are here. It is apparent that a lot of time is wasted as the pessimists and the optimists have a personality clash.

We are all here because somewhere inside of us we have a genuine care about what happens to this game. I think that if you really look into things those who are constantly negative and those who are constantly positive have some of the same goals and ambitions.

The difference comes down to how we view things and how we express our opinons. Regardless of if the glass is half full or half empty, it is the same glass.

I know that it will never happen, but in the perfect world we'd set aside our differenes and meet in the middle to offer constructive criticism toward common goals. We'd be allowed to thank the devs without becoming cheerleaders and we'd be able to disagree with decisions without being "negative Nancy's".

For now I'm going to continue to do what I've been doing. I'll try to stay positive, but still give my honest opinions. I'll offer whatever help I can to anybody, regardless of their personal outlook.

M

mysticlisa516

*just hitting reply*

Ok, I have kept my mouth shut for a while, but this time I just can't.

First of all, I believe (IMO) that the original poster started this thread just to start more trouble. So what if people complain, that's their prerogative.

Whenever I have went to any Community place where the devs are to ask a question I either get ignored or answered by the cheerleaders (which I didn't ask them for their opinion). If 1,000 people come in one after the other asking the same question, the devs should answer, THAT'S THEIR JOB! When I get an answer from someone other then a dev I take that as a rumor, as many others do in the city.

When it comes down to using the "search" for answers. Good luck in finding an answer. It took me over an hour to find the promotion chart for factory work because either thousands of entries come up or none at all, depending on my wording. The search engine here needs to be revamped to be more successful for players to use. And the wiki is just a bunch of drivel to me. Too hard to find what I'm looking for.

Finally, not everyone is tech savy. Me, I need someone to show me in person how to do something. It's my style of learning. So I don't like hearing someone say that someone else is unintelligent (not exact wording used) because they can operate the game TSO but can't find certain files. People learn at different levels and that should be considered before condemning someone on their ways to deal with computer tech crap.

D

dinaj

I agree with most everything you stated except for the part about the devs only answering the "cheerleaders". I am not, nor have I ever been part of the "in crowd" but the devs did take the time to answer my questions, even the silly ones.

I think we just have to remember that they are working and many times go afk.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If 1,000 people come in one after the other asking the same question, the devs should answer, THAT'S THEIR JOB!

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen, when people are calm and clear about their questions, and ask politely for a question (taking into consideration the devs are working on other problems), they tend to get answered, unless of course the Town Hall of Community Pub is busy and chat is flying by.

And in all actuality, it isn't the devs job to answer the same question 1000 times. It isn't even their job to listen to our opinions, to respond on Stratics, or to communicate with us in game. This is somewhere that they go above and beyond the call of duty.

All they are required to do as far as I know is develop the game and MAYBE post version notes.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

*just hitting reply*

Ok, I have kept my mouth shut for a while, but this time I just can't.

First of all, I believe (IMO) that the original poster started this thread just to start more trouble. So what if people complain, that's their prerogative.
<font color="red"> I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't care that people complain. What I do care about is being called a cheerleader because I resolve my own issues and see the cup half full. </font>

Whenever I have went to any Community place where the devs are to ask a question I either get ignored or answered by the cheerleaders (which I didn't ask them for their opinion). If 1,000 people come in one after the other asking the same question, the devs should answer, THAT'S THEIR JOB! When I get an answer from someone other then a dev I take that as a rumor, as many others do in the city.
<font color="red"> You do exactly what I'm upset about and the point of this post. What makes someone a cheerleader or a negative nancy? Why do they deserve that title? They are a player just like you. </font>

When it comes down to using the "search" for answers. Good luck in finding an answer. It took me over an hour to find the promotion chart for factory work because either thousands of entries come up or none at all, depending on my wording. The search engine here needs to be revamped to be more successful for players to use. And the wiki is just a bunch of drivel to me. Too hard to find what I'm looking for. <font color="red"> Last I found it on tsomania.net which is a website I love. You should check it out. I don't really use the wiki much either.</font>

Finally, not everyone is tech savy. Me, I need someone to show me in person how to do something. It's my style of learning. So I don't like hearing someone say that someone else is unintelligent (not exact wording used) because they can operate the game TSO but can't find certain files. People learn at different levels and that should be considered before condemning someone on their ways to deal with computer tech crap.
<font color="red"> I have no problem with that. I never said you couldn't ask a technical question. I help all my friends, step by step, or remote viewing at one time, if i have to, and I won't give up till they get what they need. I just don't understand why people come here pissed off at other players. We are all experiencing the same thing. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

M

mysticlisa516

My definition of a cheerleader in TSO. Someone who never sees anything that EA as a whole is doing wrong. They answer question that are asked specifically to the devs. I go to the devs so that I get the information directly from the horses mouth, not its little mouthpiece that floats around the city and stratics relaying the message (usually wrong by the way). And a TSO cheerleader is someone that always tell people in the evil nice smile way to "shut the hell up and deal with it, EA is doing no wrong to the players".

And yes, answering questions is the devs job, they opened the properties for such reasons, and should answer questions like they said they would. One dev in particular is so rude that I can't stomach seeing his name here or in game.

And I never PERSONALLY never called the original poster a cheerleader, but if you see yourself that way then more power to ya. But I do see you strike out at players that are quite frustrated with the way the game is going. Everyone has their own opinion, and some get bashed for being cheerleaders, and some get bashed for being negative. I don't care, I just write what I feel at the moment and if someones name or unofficial title comes into play, oh well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And yes, answering questions is the devs job, they opened the properties for such reasons, and should answer questions like they said they would. One dev in particular is so rude that I can't stomach seeing his name here or in game

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a major difference between something they have taken the initiative to do and something that is their job. Yes, they have taken the initiative to take player feedback and answer questions, but no, it is not something that they are bound to do.

M

mysticlisa516

In my opinion, if they open the property for that reason at certain times, then yes, it's their jobs.

I will agree to disagree with you on this point. Not gonna argue about it.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

My definition of a cheerleader in TSO. Someone who never sees anything that EA as a whole is doing wrong. They answer question that are asked specifically to the devs. I go to the devs so that I get the information directly from the horses mouth, not its little mouthpiece that floats around the city and stratics relaying the message (usually wrong by the way). And a TSO cheerleader is someone that always tell people in the evil nice smile way to "shut the hell up and deal with it, EA is doing no wrong to the players".

And yes, answering questions is the devs job, they opened the properties for such reasons, and should answer questions like they said they would. One dev in particular is so rude that I can't stomach seeing his name here or in game.

And I never PERSONALLY never called the original poster a cheerleader, but if you see yourself that way then more power to ya. But I do see you strike out at players that are quite frustrated with the way the game is going. Everyone has their own opinion, and some get bashed for being cheerleaders, and some get bashed for being negative. I don't care, I just write what I feel at the moment and if someones name or unofficial title comes into play, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you choose to be disrespectful to your fellow players. Most of whom are trying to help you. If you really think a couple of dev's can answer 100's of players questions time and time again, then I suggest you switch jobs with them for a day and walk in their shoes. Just because some of us choose to remain positive doesn't mean we don't see the bad. We also don't deserve to be treated badly.

M

mysticlisa516

And those that see the negative and want to see positive don't deserved to be bashed with sayings like, "Here we go again". I kinda get tired of seeing that also.

D

dinaj

yep it works BOTH ways .... both "sides" need to respect the other. How about showing some tolerence. WE all love the game other wise we would not be playing it.

F

frogger2

if you seen any of my posts you know I live to complain lol but I do try to add some positive light as well. I love the CC/custom content I love the ingame Dev contest, I like it that the devs are online to talk to from time to time,but really its easy to complain because they tend to add so much to the game and bairly fix anything broken lol.the payouts on everything even with max skill sucks, the crash's are too often, glitchs happen alot.you get stuck in limbo land to much, you lose sim cash in test city 3 and too many times have this or that go wrong. who is to blame? you? me? Ill leave it up to you on who to blame this and that on your post/your boat to sink in lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't care, I just write what I feel at the moment and if someones name or unofficial title comes into play, oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

And there inlies part of the problem, IMHO, in part of the bolded text. Too many times many players will post things totally in anger, without first taking a step back and putting it into context. Doing anything on an impulse is never a good idea. I just spent 28 hours almost solid dealing with castanet and patching issues. It would have been really easy for me to post a "WELL [censored] IT I QUIT IF NOBODY IS GONNA SOLVE THIS ISSUE" type of a post, and I might have even said that to myself one or two times during the day, but here in my posts I tried to remain as positive as I could, while still checking in and letting the devs over in the Tech Forum know I was still having issues, and even cracking a few corny jokes along the way to remind myself that yes it was a pain in the ass, but I'm only *one* player that couldn't get in, and I just needed to keep trying. Thanks to perseverance, I finally got in, and was able to be proud that I hadn't done what I started to do 4 hours ago, which was to delete the castanet folders (again, after being told this was only a last resort) and start over, when I was 70% done. I didn't though, or I'd still be downloading.

None of this is easy for anybody. Not for the 'cheerleaders', not for the 'negative nancies', none of us. The only difference between the two groups is perspective, not gameplay experience because I don't think there's a single player that has never ever had a castanet or ALE and most ad nauseum some days, and anybody from either group can choose to change groups at any time, regardless of whether the problems disappear or not. Many players have seemed to think that they don't have a choice in how to feel when stuff like this starts happening......but we do......we *all* do. Is it easy? Nope. Do the cheerleaders cuss at their computers and threaten to throw TSO out the window sometimes *to themselves*? Yep. I can gurantee they do. *That* is natural....not what's gone on here in CH over the last few months......at least not in my opinion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hand me my pom poms!! I'll take the good with the bad. If something isn't working for me....I make a lengthy report to one of the devs and wait it out.

I love this game enough to just give it a chance to succeed and be patient in doing so. There are more important things in life to get my knickers in a bunch for.

[/ QUOTE ]A-freakin'-MEN!

*pom-poms permanently affixed to my siggy*

G

<blockquote><hr>

One dev in particular is so rude that I can't stomach seeing his name here or in game.

[/ QUOTE ]Probably from having to answer the same question one thousand times, asked by people to place verbal demands on the devs, and hurl abuse at the other players who try to help the people asking these questions because someone dared to answer a common-knowledge question aired in a public forum...

Oh... Go ahead - call me a cheerleader. It will make my day!

E

ethanphillips

Here's a thought, respect one anothers opinion.

Each is equal and valid. Your thought on the game is not more important or "right" than anothers. Take from it, keep an open mind Negative &amp; Positive.

Nothing is more irritating on Stratics than a group of sims who put down others for not sharing the same view or opinion on a game regardless of which side your on! It's childish! Get over yourselves.

E

ethanphillips

<blockquote><hr>

The first two times i played this game i didnt even know stratics existed. For what ever reason i was completely unaware. Even when i did first start using stratics, i didnt know how to navigate it or search for information. That got me flamed a little, but to each his own. The people who ask questions that have already been answered are probably pretty new to the game and this site. It takes just as much time to type up an answer to their question as it does to flame them for asking it. But that wouldnt feed to many peoples superiority complexes. I suppose the people who get tired of the questions feel as strongly about the issue as the people who get tired of reading self righteous flamers feel about theirs. I am sure i am not the only one who gets tired of reading "those of us who have been around since the game started" followed by a list of how tired you are of seeing posts by people who are simply not as awesome as you are. Oh its great that people have been around that long in this game, but if people care as much about the game as they say they do, they should be more helpful and enthusiastic regarding all the "annoying Noobs" because if we dont have new players we dont have a game. And if some people think they are so superior then they need use their great wealth of knowledge to teach the noobs and encourage them, because this chest beating and dare i say again, self righteousness is going to run players off. I am sure this is going to incite the flamers to tell me how stupid i am, but then again, i dont care so flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't flame me now, but I just found this &amp; this couldn't be more on the nail. I love it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing is more irritating on Stratics than a group of sims who put down others for not sharing the same view or opinion on a game regardless of which side your on! It's childish! Get over yourselves

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%, however the problem is sometimes people are put in their place or 'put down', not when someone *just* disagreed with someone's opinion, but because they were disrespectful to those who are doing their damnedest to help us, though granted some days are better at it than others. When person A does this, they are forgetting that the devs are human and therefore not infallible, and when that happens, I don't think it's wrong for that person to be set straight by person B, or even persons B,C, D, and E, and if any of the posts crossed any lines RoC-wise, the mods would be all-together too ready to remove them....ask anybody who's had a post removed

I

imported_Spacey

The way I see it is....

Those that are angry, care about their game so much that it does get their underwear in a bunch. If that is their source of entertainment for the night, they log in and they can't play due to some error, it is frustrating. It is especially frustrating when you work and have school and have only a small amount of time you reserve to play, only to find out that you can't. People come here in a hurry, post without looking through hundreds of threads and want a fix to their problem as soon as possible. The thought comes across in their head that it is unfair, that they pay 9.99 a month so they can have something to play... yet it doesn't work for them. They are angry at the "cheerleaders" because they don't understand how someone can be sooo happy through all this chaos. It is obvious they love the game or they wouldn't be mad that they can't play.

Those that are happy, obviously love their game too. They love the changes they see and can't imagine how other people don't love them too! The game is moving forward, which is infinately better than the condition it was in before. Bugs, errors and other technical problems will always be apart of something "under construction." The "negative nancys" drive them crazy. Some don't understand how one can have SO many problems with the game. So what if you are currently having problems...things will get better. Sit tight, the devs are working hard... no need to post problems over and over and over.

Both of these positions are valid. But it doesn't have to be either or. We all care about the game or we wouldn't be here.

I see "There is a human behind this sim" in profiles all the time in game. Perhaps we should remember that here.