• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Big Boot

• Thread starter imported_Shirl1211
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Shirl1211

I went to a few stores last night looking for animal CC items. We built stabbles on our property and have wolves hiding by our mystic trees and the big bear seats at my dining room table. Our home is a store too but we sell Maidens Crafts and maybe a few things from the bullet train, but that's all. Anyway I must of gotten too many items (7 total) different horses than what we have and some other real cute ones. We also own 3 house's so I got a 2nd chair ( I had purchased one the day before). Anyway POOOF and I was looking around like*where am I*, so I sent an IM and the girl thought I was buying the stuff to resell. I assured her that in no way was that my intention and she could even come and look at my home. I felt like I was begging and having to prove that I wasn't doing that and she was still a bit skeptical. That really bothered me. With that previous post that stirred such a stink last week IMO has made the stores with CC paranoid. I didn't notice if any other shoppers were in the store to see it but where do you draw the line here? I did nothing except give someone my business and to turn around after spending a simmy fortune to be disrespected like that is just wrong. I am a big shopper in case anyone wants to see my house. But I don't think i'll ever go back there since I didnt even get so much as an i'm sorry. Guilty untill proved innocent!!

V

vapd3317

The store isn't owned by the CC developer either. Now not only am I upset about the store owner booting on a mere hunch, I also am upset with the developer. I now no longer want to purchase any more items made by that developer either. I *used to* refer people to both that store, and the developer in the past, but that has ceased as of this date.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Just on principle, I will never own any CC developed by anyone that has to horde it all for themselves. If their items can't be resold then I have no use for them.

If I were as talented as some of these people, I would be going door to door to every store in town asking them to sell my stuff and even offering them wholesale rates. It makes more sense to market your things in more than one place.

H

HoTDeViL

hiya

I own a big store with many many animals also. just uploaded 36 new 2 days ago.
you are most welcome to visit my place and be sure i will not boot you

look for Bee's Custom Zoo
or for our Mainstore
Bee's Custom StPatricks

greetings and happy simming
Bienchen

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

hiya

or for our Mainstore
Bee's Custom StPatricks

Bienchen

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i was there last night also...i have bought alot from your store. keep up the good work...and ty for no size 20's lol

I

imported_rpsky3

i have also been treated rather badly from stores. I wish I understood how to make my own CC items. All i can do (thanks to a sweet angel in game
) i was taught how to make pictures. I do have some that I would like to sell, dont have a store open to sell them or even know how to go about it. I have a nice picture of a cougar. I think that the store should have felt honored that anyone would like the items so much that they were willing to purchase from them. I dont understand how anyone feels that they can horde or just keep things to themselves. It is rather pathetic in my opinion.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

lie much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very rarely, why?

V

vapd3317

about what?...being booted?...I was sitting right next to her when it happened.

G

My store is not hording them from players, but it is not going to be used as a warehouse for other stores to buy to resell. I have seen the totally outrageous markup of some of my things at some of the top stores. To me, anyone seeing something I made at such prices are going to think I sell that high and never bother looking for my stuff elsewhere. When something can be bought at my store for $350 is being sold as an "exclusive" somewhere else for $2500, something isn't right.

After a discussion with the poster here, explaining my position, I did apologize for him being booted. Apparently he has selective memory. I am surprised to see this post, I have to assume, considering the lying, my first instinct was correct.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I went to a few stores last night looking for animal CC items. We built stabbles on our property and have wolves hiding by our mystic trees and the big bear seats at my dining room table. Our home is a store too but we sell Maidens Crafts and maybe a few things from the bullet train, but that's all. Anyway I must of gotten too many items (7 total) different horses than what we have and some other real cute ones. We also own 3 house's so I got a 2nd chair ( I had purchased one the day before). Anyway POOOF and I was looking around like*where am I*, so I sent an IM and the girl thought I was buying the stuff to resell. I assured her that in no way was that my intention and she could even come and look at my home. I felt like I was begging and having to prove that I wasn't doing that and she was still a bit skeptical. That really bothered me. With that previous post that stirred such a stink last week IMO has made the stores with CC paranoid. I didn't notice if any other shoppers were in the store to see it but where do you draw the line here? I did nothing except give someone my business and to turn around after spending a simmy fortune to be disrespected like that is just wrong. I am a big shopper in case anyone wants to see my house. But I don't think i'll ever go back there since I didnt even get so much as an i'm sorry. Guilty untill proved innocent!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying you didn't get the boot, I booted you myself, and fyi, I am co-owner of that store. I also apologized to you as we discussed the issue, more than once. That is apparently your selective memory and the reason you felt the need to post this after saying how you totally understand...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Well I don't understand at all. First you say it was "him" that you booted then you say it was "her". How can you tell this poster is even the person you spoke to in the game?

If I were to visit some place that had CC priced for $2500 that had your name on it then I would just assume the current owner of the object was a bit greedy or had no intention of really selling the item at all. I would not take the price that a store keeper put on an object as a reflection on you. For years I crafted coffee tables and sold them at a very low cost in my own store. I found it quite amusing to visit other stores that were selling my tables all over town. I believe in flooding the market with my merchandise. Not running an exclusive shop that can only be seen by others when it's open.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If your creator sim has in their bio where to purchase your items at the best price, then I blame the buyer for paying too much somewhere else. It is a reflection on a dumb shopper, not you.

D

DGLita

This whole issue over reselling cc is absolutely ridiculous. If someone else can sell your stuff for 2500 then maybe you should look at putting your prices up. And honestly, if for instance i wanted to buy your stuff to resell in my store I have a dozen free accounts that could go and buy it for me, you would never know. The only way you can stop it is to close your store.

If you underprice your stuff, it will happen, and to get paranoid when someone is paying you want you ask for it in the first place is so utterly ridiculous, get a grip!

I have resold cc in my store before now, but in all honesty I cant be bothered, but this type of argument makes me so mad that I ll think ill go on a spending spree and stock up on some of the underpriced good quality cc that is out there. I should make a nice profit from it

G

Just tagging to last in order to make an observation...

I understand custom content creators being protective of their work. I can understand them being concerned about profiteering. However, I feel this whole messy embarrassment could have been avoided if creators would understand that free market forces - not individual developers - determine fair value of an item, and would accept that resales will happen. The creator can watermark the item with a "suggested retail price", or MSRP. But they cannot control what happens to their creations once sold - and any attempts to do so only lead to embarrassing episodes like this one.

Just a thought.

G

Reselling as been happening long before CC came on the scene. If you are happy with the price you are charging and someone buys it, then what is the problem? Should it matter what they do with it after you have received what you feel to be fair compensations?

G

as i said in a previous post, if your so concerned about people getting a big markup on your items then you should put the initial cost of the item in the description. If that doesnt solve your problem then i have a hard time believing that is the real problem in the first place. I truly do not understand this issue at all, i would think that the only issue would be that the original creator received compensation for the item.

G

I wish people would get their facts right before posting - actually the cc creators are the owners of the property - I assume the post about getting booted and not apologised to was to get a reaction so everyone knew who the store was, I was told about the incident and i have no doubt however sceptical the roomie was that u did get an apology, if you choose no to come to their store that is your choice, but please make sure of the facts before posting this is not the first time you jumped the gun. Its a shame people dont write nice posts on here instead of just the bad ones, sad really (and that was a general coment btw)

G

<blockquote><hr>

as i said in a previous post, if your so concerned about people getting a big markup on your items then you should put the initial cost of the item in the description. If that doesnt solve your problem then i have a hard time believing that is the real problem in the first place. I truly do not understand this issue at all, i would think that the only issue would be that the original creator received compensation for the item.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would gladly put prices in them and warnings, if I could change them by changing one and they all change. Considering it takes days at this point to get anything approved I can't see bothering at this point in time. I have started putting warnings in all my object's descriptions. I would like to see it fixed so that the general information tab is the default when looking at CC in buy mode, many do not realize they can click that for more of a description or information.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Reselling as been happening long before CC came on the scene. If you are happy with the price you are charging and someone buys it, then what is the problem? Should it matter what they do with it after you have received what you feel to be fair compensations?

[/ QUOTE ]

The issue is that it takes time to make a cc as anyone who makes knows, and only a few mins to buy and resll adding on another couple of hundred or more $ - pricing it is no good - I State where mine are for sale so they know when they been charged more than they should have :/

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

I wish people would get their facts right before posting - actually the cc creators are the owners of the property - I assume the post about getting booted and not apologised to was to get a reaction so everyone knew who the store was, I was told about the incident and i have no doubt however sceptical the roomie was that u did get an apology, if you choose no to come to our store that is your choice, but please make sure of the facts before posting this is not the first time you jumped the gun. Its a shame people dont write nice posts on here instead of just the bad ones, sad really (and that was a general coment btw)

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive you are wrong. CC Creators own the right to upload it in the first place, i beleive this is called intellectual right. This means that no one else can copy it and upload it, and I would defend any CC creator on that point. The actual object itself though is another matter. If you sell it, the person buying can do what they like with it, as long as they dont copy it and claim it to be their own work.

I can go out and buy a new car for instance (actually did this week, and very nce it is too) I might sell it in 3 months, and as its a hard to come by model with a long waiting list, I may even make a profit on it. The car company isnt goign to come after me becuase I can sell their car for more than they do, BUT if I made a copy of the car and started selling it then they WOULD come after me and quite rightly so.

They dont own my car, I do, but they own the intellectual rights which means i cant copy the car

V

vapd3317

Actually,...the post was correct regarding the issue...

It was a male sim being driving by Shirl.

She received an EXCUSE not an apology. The so claimed apology was worded "Im sorry but," and then went on to say that she did not want her items purchased for sale at another store and mentioned that Shirl lived at a store. She then questioned why Shirl purchased duplicate items. There was no apology for mistaking Shirl's intentions, nor was she welcomed to return.

Shirl stated that her store could be visited to prove that the items were not intended for resale, NOR had they ever been re-sold as could be proven through a CSR review.

That invitation is moot now tho, as since I am the owner of Shirls residence, all of CG's crafted items have now been placed into inventory so that the name CntryGrl shall not be visible on any item on our residence. Or, I may just consider giving the items away.

G

Let's keep this thread about the <u>general</u> issue of reselling CC items.

Any comments specific to the incident that brought about this thread should be handled in PM or in game.

G

LOL, have you tried making your own ??? see how long it takes you then perhaps, just perhaps your attitude will change - prices kept low mean you sell more cos people come back time and time again to see whats new, people that sell high do not get the sales - works in rl also - you pay 100 bucks one shop and 300 next yourl go back to first store ........... yes ?

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

LOL, have you tried making your own ??? see how long it takes you then perhaps, just perhaps your attitude will change - prices kept low mean you sell more cos people come back time and time again to see whats new, people that sell high do not get the sales - works in rl also - you pay 100 bucks one shop and 300 next yourl go back to first store ........... yes ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then where is the problem? You sell at $100 to get the sales, another stores buys it at $100 and sells at $300. People are going to go and buy it from you arnt they? So where is the problem?

Ill let you know how I get on reselling your cc

G

To a certain extent i agree with what you said but this is a game and we make the things ourselves so see our hard work is being resold on - a car resold was not actually spent time on making by the manufactorer they have staff that do this for them, Many of the negative comment come from people that dont make cc - i wish they would try to and then they would see the point we are trying to make.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL, have you tried making your own ??? see how long it takes you then perhaps, just perhaps your attitude will change - prices kept low mean you sell more cos people come back time and time again to see whats new, people tat sell high do not get the sales - works in rl also - you pay 100 bucks one shop and 300 next yuorl go back to first store ........... yes ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That only applies to mass produced items....custom one-of-a-kind or limited production, items are not comparison shopped in that manner.

As my old pottery teacher used to say (and the time to get good at *that* trumps the time at creating CC by miles!):

"...it is better for an artist to sell one pot for $300, than 100 pots for $3..."

And in case the wisdom of that eludes anyone, he is refering to both the time invested and the reputation of the artist. It takes less time and money to produce one, and an artist gets more respect/cache' for the high priced/valued items than for cheap ones.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

To a certain extent i agree with what you said but this is a game and we make the things ourselves so see our hard work is being resold on - a car resold was not actually spent time on making by the manufactorer they have staff that do this for them, Many of the negative comment come from people that dont make cc - i wish they would try to and then they would see the point we are trying to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foxyghost, the point is you said CC creators are the owners of the property. I used the car as an example. Car companys do not own their cars when they sell them. CC creators do not own their objects when they sell them. Can you see the comparison now?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Then where is the problem? You sell at $100 to get the sales, another stores buys it at $100 and sells at $300. People are going to go and buy it from you arnt they? So where is the problem?

Ill let you know how I get on reselling your cc

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please do

G

I stated when IM'd by this person asking why the boot, that my store is not a warehouse for other stores. After he/she explained that it has 3 houses and was buying for them, I apologized for booting it. I then said later in our conversation, after explaining my reasons, "again, I'm sorry for booting you." there was no but in it. This person apparently really wants to stir up stink here, the main reason for posting at all I'm sure. I do not like being lied about.

If my objects get stuck in some other store for high prices, so be it, there is nothing I can do about it. But, I will not knowingly be supplying other stores in bulk with anything.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most everyone sees the point. You spent time on it, it's your baby, your blood sweat and tears, you should be justly compensated for it and not a reseller. Like Katheryne pointed out though, the free market is as work. The reseller is taking a risk, investing 100 simoleans in a product they hope to sell for a profit. If the market determines the item isn't worth 300, then they are stuck. If the market determines it is worth more and they cannot keep the item stocked, they the creator is obviously not charging enough.

If the creator of the item finds the perfect price point, they would effectively put the reseller out of business (for that particular item).

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I fully understand the difficulty of making CC. I also have spent enough time experimenting with all the tutorials to really appreciate quality workmanship when I see it. I also understand the pricing structure of uploading objects and know what it costs to upload those items.

Don't assume that because I support the reselling of objects that I don't understand what work went into to get them in the game.

I still feel any artist should price their objects for their time and effort. However, I don't feel an artist that sells their object at the price they wanted has any right to tell someone else they can't buy that object and sell it for more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the difficulty of making CC translate into an arguement for selling it cheaply?

If it is the difficulty that makes someone so protective, then why not price it where it becomes worth the effort?

Because if someone else can actully get more for it (proven, not by the price they put on it but by the selling of it, at that price), then there is clearly room to raise the price, to reimburse for the time and effort it takes!

And as it is fairly plain to see from the responses here, booting someone on mere suspicion of upselling it, is only going to gain your store and product a bad reputation with consumers....so really....what is the point?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most everyone sees the point. You spent time on it, it's your baby, your blood sweat and tears, you should be justly compensated for it and not a reseller. Like Katheryne pointed out though, the free market is as work. The reseller is taking a risk, investing 100 simoleans in a product they hope to sell for a profit. If the market determines the item isn't worth 300, then they are stuck. If the market determines it is worth more and they cannot keep the item stocked, they the creator is obviously not charging enough.

If the creator of the item finds the perfect price point, they would effectively put the reseller out of business (for that particular item).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks this is the first comment that has not been, bias, rude, or dam right ignorant, thanks for your input its nice to know someone understands how we feel and not ready to jump on us so to speak lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks this is the first comment that has not been, bias, rude, or dam right ignorant, thanks for your input its nice to know someone understands how we feel and not ready to jump on us so to speak lol

[/ QUOTE ]Wow! I think I've just been dissed!

G

*ttl*

I see more and more heated threads about stores here in CH... I think that is what I want to do! If there is a shortage of stores where you can ask questions and purchase whatever you like without being booted... I think I can fill that need!

*goes to think about what kind of store I would like*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually,...the post was correct regarding the issue...

It was a male sim being driving by Shirl.

She received an EXCUSE not an apology. The so claimed apology was worded "Im sorry but," and then went on to say that she did not want her items purchased for sale at another store and mentioned that Shirl lived at a store. She then questioned why Shirl purchased duplicate items. There was no apology for mistaking Shirl's intentions, nor was she welcomed to return.

Shirl stated that her store could be visited to prove that the items were not intended for resale, NOR had they ever been re-sold as could be proven through a CSR review.

That invitation is moot now tho, as since I am the owner of Shirls residence, all of CG's crafted items have now been placed into inventory so that the name CntryGrl shall not be visible on any item on our residence. Or, I may just consider giving the items away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ws under the understand we were not allowed to quote Names - has this been changed ??? if so gooooooooooooodie

G

I was referring to they own the shop they sell their cc at in reply to a previous post where they said they didnt by the person who was booted, so i think you mistunderstood me there, and yes i do fully understand once sold i dont own

G

*TTL only*

Wasn't this topic just covered in a previous thread?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying you didn't get the boot, I booted you myself, and fyi, I am co-owner of that store. I also apologized to you as we discussed the issue, more than once. That is apparently your selective memory and the reason you felt the need to post this after saying how you totally understand...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been sitting here the last few hours thinking about this whole situation. If you were honestly making an apology to me last night then I owe YOU an apology and I am sincere in making one. It really did hurt my feelings when you gave me the boot because and implied I was buying your items to resell.I pride myself on being a giving and caring person. If you feel I lied then so be it. I did not mean to leave that impression but it stunned me for you to make the assumption that I was doing something wrong. Especially when you made the remark about me owning a store. I don't know you and you don't know me and I couldnt figure out why you would mention my store. There we're a few small remarks that made me feel the way I do. Anyway i'm sorry about the whole thing happened and i'm sorry.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

hiya

or for our Mainstore
Bee's Custom StPatricks

Bienchen

[/ QUOTE ]

You a very kind person and I wished everyone could display just a little bit of your kindness. And I love your
CC also..

G

In case anyone missed it the first time or forgot:

<blockquote><hr>

Let's keep this thread about the <u>general</u> issue of reselling CC items.

Any comments specific to the incident that brought about this thread should be handled in PM or in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I wish people would get their facts right before posting - actually the cc creators are the owners of the property - I assume the post about getting booted and not apologised to was to get a reaction so everyone knew who the store was, I was told about the incident and i have no doubt however sceptical the roomie was that u did get an apology, if you choose no to come to our store that is your choice, but please make sure of the facts before posting this is not the first time you jumped the gun. Its a shame people dont write nice posts on here instead of just the bad ones, sad really (and that was a general coment btw)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that . I didn't start the trouble. I was bying CC and I got the boot. I'm not even going to worry about this or that one...I got booted and ive never spoke to this persom and im not go to beg for anyone to like me... Also, when I buy CC, its mine and nobody else's. So in general your theory is quite opposite in bring bad to a store. If that happened then get rid of the boot when a person is spending alot of money becasue they may just like wha there buying. Grow up, CC is available all over the city and..yep uh hu.. im going to keep buying it. just not for you.

G

ghostsong

I have lately been treated extremely badly by a store owner who somehow tops the list. I am a n00b and haven't played in quite a while. So I didn't know if the LAVA cards were custom comment or if they were given to us by Maxis when I first started playing over a week ago. By asking other plays while being on her property I got booted and banned and soon after got a PM with this store owner calling me all sorts of names. I even explained my situation to her and it's almost like she didn't want to understand. I too have had problems with other owners when buying sets of chairs, when going home to take things out of my inventory and coming back. I'm starting to get sick of the huffy puffy attitudes of store owners, and all these accusations. Buying content from those who don't mind re-selling of their work sounds like a good idea.

I

imported_rpsky3

i think re-selling custom content is a great idea, but if you are going to do so, give credit to the maker of it. It does already have the creators name on it, but if you want to resell it, put a sign up or on your bio that you have CC made by such a sim. I think it is rather childish to boot or ban. Just feel honored that people like your items and want to help show them off.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i think re-selling custom content is a great idea, but if you are going to do so, give credit to the maker of it. It does already have the creators name on it, but if you want to resell it, put a sign up or on your bio that you have CC made by such a sim. I think it is rather childish to boot or ban. Just feel honored that people like your items and want to help show them off.

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble is they dont buy just cos they like, if they did they would ask first, its to make a profit without doing the actual work - and yes they should put a sign up given credit - the ones that ask to resell do, reselling is going to happen but why the big mark up - that just makes the original maker look like they have overcharged in the first place i

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that . I didn't start the trouble. I was bying CC and I got the boot. I'm not even going to worry about this or that one...I got booted and ive never spoke to this persom and im not go to beg for anyone to like me... Also, when I buy CC, its mine and nobody else's. So in general your theory is quite opposite in bring bad to a store. If that happened then get rid of the boot when a person is spending alot of money becasue they may just like wha there buying. Grow up, CC is available all over the city and..yep uh hu.. im going to keep buying it. just not for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt my Shop you got booted from :/

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

hiya

or for our Mainstore
Bee's Custom StPatricks

Bienchen

[/ QUOTE ]

You a very kind person and I wished everyone could display just a little bit of your kindness. And I love your
CC also..

[/ QUOTE ]

aww OMG lol dont make me blushing hehe. I am just me. thank you so much
and i am happy to welcome you in our stores