• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Abyss

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally I decided to try to enter the abyss. I died 4 or 5 times (the lag does not forgive) but eventually I came. But now what have I do?
I can not mark runes, the dragon don follow me (it seems left out), I went a little fun but tamer without a pet is a bit ridiculous. Do not tell me then to re-enter I have to do the chain of three keys!
And then, even if i come back, how can i do for the dragon that doesn't follow me?

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you enter the entrance to the abyss, just past the cannons, where the guide is standing (can't remember his name), instead of turning left, on the right hand wall is a secret door. go through the door, doen the hall and take a left. follow the passage way to teh sparkel teleporter. Once through the teleporter, if you are fast through the archway to go down the steps to the abyss, your pet will teleport to your side through the archway (where mine sometimes also get stuck). If this does not work, if you log out and back in, your pet will appear atg your side.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes LordDragp, it helps me :)
Ok, I've reached the abyss. But now? If i recall out how can i come back?
I've tryed in the tomb of King but I arrive in a very difficult area ( fire demons and much more). The tomb of King is the only way to reenter in the abyss?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the underworld?
Where i can find it?
Sorry for my stypidity but i don't find a good guide :(
I don't understand that of Tina Small. I've reached the abyss like she says but i don't understand what i have to do after :(

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Underworld is the dungeon you enter if you come from the entrance at Fire Island. When you enter go forward till you come across the first NPC. Then to the right of him are 2 secret doors. When passing trough that go Upwards. Go inside the teleporter takes you to the entrance of the Abyss. When you go down you at the other side of the Abyss.

The Abyss is very dangerous no matter from what side you enter. Take it a step at a time.

The fire demons don't always spawn at the side where you enter from the tomb of kings. All spawns in the abyss are like mini-champ spawns, they always change when you kill monster untill you defeat the mini-boss(Renowned). Also almost all monster drop imbuing ingredients. Mini bosses can drop arties.

In the middle of the Abyss is a big boss called the Slasher of Veils. Do not fight him alone !!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For a dragon stuck, not crossing onto the steps, log out and log back in, to bring it to you.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, finally!
I can't see the guide of Tina Small :(
The link of frarc in perfect! And also all his tricks.
Thanks to all for how to do with a blocked pet.
Frarc, yes, it's very difficult playing solo because there are many hard monsters all together :(
But it's beautiful, I'm glad to finally be entered in the abyss :danceb:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everything in the Abyss is soloable but a bitt of a good fighter or bard or tamer can handle alot alone . The Goblin spawn i can easely do alone and even kill the Renowned without any problems. My tamer can do well at the slime/elemental spawn and also kill the renowned.

Most first levels of each spawn is doable. The trick is not to get overrun by the monsters of the spawn. I often fight around the edges first and slowly work on it one or two monsters at a time. I collected alot of imbuing ingredient like this all alone. It just a matter of not rushing into all the monsters at ones.

A

Ally Oop

There are a couple other areas to get out of the abyss. At the imp, mongbat area if you go up to the steps you wil follow a long road that will lead to a big area. There is a skull in the center to start the spawn. There are also 2 sparklys. One to the east one to the west. Going through will take you to
the t2a area, The other way in the skeleton, zombie area will take you to another spawn area. Also 2 sparkleys. Here you will go to a different t2a area.

In both of these areas are aunks. Behind the gray goblin area near Narvy spider area is a fountain that wil rez and cure you of all that ails you.

Dont forget to go visit the Tree of Life and plant a seed. (dble ck tree, dble ck seed) You and all your possesions will return to the tree and a rez.

Have fun down there.