• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 2.0 Ethos

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2.0 is looking to recruit trammel players to fel and pvp, supplying 120 powerscrolls, armor and training to trammel players wishing to join the dark side. There have been a few initial negative reactions to onlookers of the guild, there seems to be a general view that because all of our members are Red that the guild is somehow full of bad people.

2.0 is a friendly, fun guild. And to help convey what we're about I've decided to publish the rules:

No Speedhacking or any other third party program that is illegal
No trashtalking
No reskilling (there are exceptions if a newly ressed character poses a threat of healing other enemy players or resurecting or stealing etc) please note, none of the exceptions should apply at yew gate.
No speaking to the enemy
No speaking in general chat (you may be tuned into general chat to receive information)
Must linked to Uocartographer or vent when in fel
No posting on the uch boards
No reading the uch boards
No responding to any trash talk from another player via any means
No going out without apples, potions, bolas, trapped box, bandages and warhorse.
No crowing

Of late, 2.0 is attracting a large amount of players who already play in fel guild, please note that preferential treatment will be given to those players from trammel who wish to convert.

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he he ^)
nice guild :)

good luck in recruiting new member:)

P

Professor Moriarty

Just so any prospective members may know, the above rules only apply to new members as i see that there are old members who break the above rules on a daily basis and Mervyn is ok with that.

So to summarise:
If your new to his guild you cant do anything the old players do or he will kick you. So much for the "2.0 is a friendly, fun guild."

Lets face it half the fun of UO is being able to interact with other players is it not?

Khal breaks every rule mervyn has set out here but that's ok ehh Merv.

One last thing, i suggest you ask about mervyns reputation on the UCH boards. There is less moderation over there, so people can speak the truth about things that cant be talked about on here

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is less moderation over there, so people can speak the truth about things that cant be talked about on here
Erm.... no.

There's less moderation, and people can largely say whatever they think might be true. Just because it's someone's strongly held opinion (or strongly expressed opinion) is in no way a guarantee it's "true" - if it all were true, almost every PvPer is simultaneously honest, decent, cheating, hacking, disloyal, innocent, guilty.... and of course, none of them would ever lie, distort or mislead...

They are people on the internet - work out which ones you think most accurate, but don't expect any forum to give you only 'the truth' - not even this one . :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A heads up - I haven't closed, moved posts or otherwise moderated this thread, because, so far, it's all been within T&C. However, I'm watching, and should rules get broken, the offending posts WILL be removed and the appropriate infractions issued. This is the sort of thread that has a nasty habit of erupting into all sorts of unpleasantness.

Discuss it as you will, just be careful HOW you discuss it!

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if I dont like Pervyn that much , I must say the idea of recruiting tram ppl to a Pvp guild in Felucca is good.

Also he'll support the new recruit with everything needed, it may be a good opportunity to learn something , even if their players are average.

See you in Felucca , we'll be waiting for more ppl to kill!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes these 2 threads let you know what sort of predators lurks around UO
Yeah, as the uch boards are raving about you! Sue Denym

I think you'll find i am actually well respected on the boards, and yes my nickname is pervyn. The reason the guild may not read/post on them as it's mostly trashtalking.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No trashtalking
No speaking to the enemy
No speaking in general chat (you may be tuned into general chat to receive information)
No responding to any trash talk from another player via any means
No crowing
A 2.0 member is doing all these things right now, maybe you should link him to this thread :)

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a member of 2.0 i can confirm the above rules do occasionally get broken however this is not a post designed to instigate a witchhunt. Some members break some rules and some members arnt very active due to real life commitments i.e. Khaldir.

However myself and a few other members of 2.0 are in the nice position of having the time and patience to teach people who may have no experiance of pvp. If this deserves people (clearly our enemies) trying to prevent this i can only see that as a blow to the fel community.

As for the UCH boards most of us know gossip tends to be blow out of all proportion. Merv has most of his uo life stood alone and many people like to discredit him at any oppertunity and for a few years now hes been trying to build 2.0 into a skilled non cheating guild which will also offer help to those wishing to begin a pvp lifestyle.

Recently we have trained 2 new players kitted them out and they can be seen in fel most days battling it out competitively.

Anybody willing to learn and take up this lifestyle i would urge you to take up this offer as you will not find it anywhere else.

Thankyou for you time

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't help thinking, if Mervyn is serious about this, that 2.0's reputation these days is such that he'd do better to start over with a different guild and maybe even stone skills off and start some new chars.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't help thinking, if Mervyn is serious about this, that 2.0's reputation these days is such that he'd do better to start over with a different guild and maybe even stone skills off and start some new chars.
What do you know of the reputation on 2.0? Everyone on Europa knows that 2.0 are the opposite of GOD. That's all i need to say and people on Europa will know what i'm referring to. As for my own reputation, i can't help it if you've been targeted for pervynation.

Coughs **cheats**

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you know of the reputation on 2.0? Everyone on Europa knows that 2.0 are the opposite of GOD. That's all i need to say and people on Europa will know what i'm referring to. As for my own reputation, i can't help it if you've been targeted for pervynation.

Coughs **cheats**

Mmm, that was kinda my point really. Everyone on Europa does know. And the opposite of GOD really doesn't come into it. Also, given that some members follow 'the old rules' and others are being held to the new ones, you seem to have a two tier system going on there. Never popular, and the sort of thing that causes no end of trouble.

Having met most of 2.0, either in game or in general chat*, I can tell you that the impressions that people are coming away with are, on the whole, not terribly good.

*It should be noted here that just because I'm known here as Cailleach and in game for a char called Cailleach Bheaur, it doesn't mean I always play that char, or, indeed, guilded chars.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm, that was kinda my point really. Everyone on Europa does know. And the opposite of GOD really doesn't come into it. Also, given that some members follow 'the old rules' and others are being held to the new ones, you seem to have a two tier system going on there. Never popular, and the sort of thing that causes no end of trouble.

Having met most of 2.0, either in game or in general chat*, I can tell you that the impressions that people are coming away with are, on the whole, not terribly good.

*It should be noted here that just because I'm known here as Cailleach and in game for a char called Cailleach Bheaur, it doesn't mean I always play that char, or, indeed, guilded chars.
Speak for yourself, my guild is more poplar than yours

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the best of my knowledge this is a recruitment thread, not a popularity contest?
Do not turn it into board pvp please.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speak for yourself, my guild is more poplar than yours
Abbreviation: Saor
Guild Type: None
Master/Mistress: Cailleach Bheaur
Total Members: 111
Veteran Members: 75
Charter:
free and flexible

Abbreviation: 2.0
Guild Type: None
Master/Mistress: Hit Point Regen
Total Members: 32
Veteran Members: 28
Faction: Council of Mages
Kill Points: 90264184
Charter:
no being in fel without being on UOC and VENT

Let the figures do the talking....

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we just have the people who maybe interested in pvp posting instead of the old vets who seem to have to pick at everything all the time?

Its funny because when we do see soar in fel (rarely) we do raid and take their champs so naturally their guild isnt going to be very happy with 2.0.

But nevertheless we are a fel guild pvp is our goal and if people are in fel they will be unhappy if pked and their champ stolen.

I hope anyone thinking of joining isnt put off by the irrelevent statements made in this thread. This is the best oppertunity at this time for people who have no pvp experiance to gain some.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forum - a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.

If you don't want comments, don't post it in a forum :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rest assured guys, if i had a decent red i would be knocking on the door,(sadly you will not ally with us, but we have enjoyed teaming up for Harry on occassions) well i log at Pjays house anyway:)

as far as i am concerned Fel is very simply, red appears, i disappear, they try to kill me at Idocs, i am fine with that, I am a vistior in their realm anyway:)

I interact with 2.0 sometimes in Fel, got some good friends in 2.0, known them a long time

so, maybe I will be calling, got a few things to achieve ingame first, but it is on my list before i quit

plus i do like the heart stopping moment when i am revealed and I wonder if i am welcome or live bait :) depending who arrives

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its funny because when we do see soar in fel (rarely) we do raid and take their champs so naturally their guild isnt going to be very happy with 2.0.

Are you New?

Where do you think TMG came from? SF (Saor Factions)? These were the players from Saor who want to PvP as well as PvM

Not so long ago SF was the biggest Guild in fel. Ok so Cailleach may not have been running the PvP side of Saor Guild, but they still played under the Saor "Ethos" which Cailleach had put in place.

Anyhow this is digressing your thread and main topic of what some players can't do and what some players can do in your guild.

I will point out again the same point as Cailleach has made.

Double standards within a guild don't work.

You cant allow one or two people to post on the UCH boards and also allow the same people to trashtalk, but just so were clear here its not just Khal is it? Midian too post on the UCH boards and trashtalks on the general chat, day in day out.

Then there is the speedhacking which a member of your guild uses and tries to cover it up by saying he is using EC, funning things is, i too use the EC and he keeps out running me! Go figure ehh!

Double standards don't work

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no cheaters in our guild period!

Thanks for explaining about TMG im not new but affraid i cant possibly keep up with everything going on in this game.

Also recently a few of our members have been getting branded speedhackers but in reality most of us have converted to the new client now even the mages.

Thanks Jack for your constructive post its very welcome!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no cheaters in our guild period!

Thanks for explaining about TMG im not new but affraid i cant possibly keep up with everything going on in this game.

Also recently a few of our members have been getting branded speedhackers but in reality most of us have converted to the new client now even the mages.

Thanks Jack for your constructive post its very welcome!
Only one member is being "branded" a speedhacker, and he has confessed on the UCH boards before that he thinks its OK to use speedhack. As i said before, i too use the EC but this one character keeps catching me up and over taking me, so much so, he can stop cast a spell and then still catch me up and target me. So if were both using the EC and i have zero lag and sub 30 MS ping how can that be?

Now lets address the speedhacking in another thread, this one is about double standards so lets stop skipping around the subject and start addressing it please.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not allow speedhacking in my guild, the member you're talking about i can confirm is using the EC,

I too will be using the EC and predict to be getting more and more claims of speedhacking, after all.. according to LLewelyn, the EC is the same speed as CC when runnning in a straight line. :bs::bs::bs::bs:

As for posting on the uch boards, khaldir no longer plays the game and can do what he likes, envy is new to the guild and his posts predate joining 2.0.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not allow speedhacking in my guild, the member you're talking about i can confirm is using the EC,

I too will be using the EC and predict to be getting more and more claims of speedhacking, after all.. according to LLewelyn, the EC is the same speed as CC when runnning in a straight line. :bs::bs::bs::bs:

As for posting on the uch boards, khaldir no longer plays the game and can do what he likes, envy is new to the guild and his posts predate joining 2.0.
Kahl was on a few nights back i seen him on his archer, Midian AKA Envy made a post about killing Magnus (Boasting no less) the other day After he had Joined you.

So merv your wrong on both accounts. Now for the last point. So if were both using the EC how come he is still over taking me?

As a side note I dont doubt for a second you are hack free, i know you are, But what your being told by this member of your guild is untrue. Do you think he would admit it? knowing he would be kicked out, I dont think so! The fights talk for them self merv

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why all those childish rules ? (not read/post on uch boards, no talking in general etc etc)

Now i wasted 20min of my life, following the links posted here to uch boards, only because u wrote some silly rules about 2.0 members can't go there.

Oh well miss mervyn good luck with the recuiting, or is it sir ?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
envy is new to the guild and his posts predate joining 2.0.

Guess you will be kicking Envy then, after his outburst on general chat lastnight after we killed him.

Lets see what rules he broke lastnight:

1 No trashtalking (boy was the trash talking comming fast and thick lastnight)
2 No speaking to the enemy (See above)
3 No speaking in general chat (you may be tuned into general chat to receive information) (It was broadcast to everyone via General chat)
4 No responding to any trash talk from another player via any means (Its ok he stuck to general chat to do his trash talking)

So i guess your "2.0 Ethos" is not worth the paper its writen on when none of your guild want to abide by it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players are punished by being pked by myself in the battlefield, if i kicked every player who raged, i'd have no guild members.

Winker, stop grassing.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players are punished by being pked by myself in the battlefield, if i kicked every player who raged, i'd have no guild members.

Winker, stop grassing.

And I think that tells everyone everything they need to know really. If you can't keep your guildies to the rules, and you can't kick em cos then you'd have no guild, what, exactly, is the point of having guild or rules? Really?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Winker, stop grassing.

Merv im not grassing im just backing up my point with up-to-date actions by your guild members. I am just providing evidence to the public that, either you're running a two tier system or your "Ethos" is not worth the paper its written on due to lack of punishment/enforcement.

Merv I have nothing against you, but if you're going to lay down guild rules and make them public, I think you need to reinforce them a little more Rigidly other than by killing the offender on the field as a punishment. That make no sense at all.

We on the other hand admit we don’t have any rules, we tell our guild mates that anything goes as long as your having fun. That’s why we all log in each day…to have fun! lets face it, we live and play in fel and if you cant dish out retribution what's the point?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2.0 has now reached maximum capacity, sorry for those who for whatever reason i gave did not make the cut.