• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thanks Jeremy...Oh and a couple of questions, of course.

C

Cellmate

Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate you dragging Cal to the coalface at last. I give you the credit for finally getting the Cone of Silence lifted. I'm sure we all hope it isn't temporary and not about to be lowered again any time soon, hehe.

Now, if you'll indulge me a moment, I have a couple of questions you might be able to answer. I'm interested in the new Corporate tree at EA Mythic and where UO fits in, now that we have been re-assured by Cal that UO is here to stay. Perhaps you can fill in some of the branches for me, please?

As I see it, Calvin is the Development Manager and not a developer himself, the Live Team Lead, Draconi, reports to him? The Production Team Lead, if there is one, would also report to Cal, yes? To whom does Cal report? Chris Rabideau perhaps? And so on up the tree to the lofty canopy, capped presumably by Mark Jacobs.

The Live Team is responsible for Bug Fixes, Live Event Content, Gameplay additions and Enhancements. A Production Team would be responsible for Future Expansions, Client builds and support, both KR & 2d, Alpha & Beta testing of, oh let's say Stygian Abyss, hehe? That sort of thing anyway. Am I on track here? Yes? No?

Can you tell us what the team structures are, in relation to the mix of artists, programmers, software designers etc? How many, who are they...all that stuff.

And, if at all possible, can you include the current structure of the GM Team as well?? Who's the top dog there? Reports to whom? How many do we have, where they fit in to the system?

As far as Community Support/Co-Ordination, you would report to Robert, as would Joanne & MissyHatch at DAoC. James Nichols at the Warhammer Herald likewise? Where to up the tree from Robert then?

Why do I want to know? Mainly so I know roughly who any/all of my future questions, queries and posers should be directed to, via the Herald feedback form, or in posts here, rather than a wide broadside at the Dev Team as a whole.
Plus, of course, I'm just genuinely interested in how the whole system is built.

Edit: Almost forgot about the GMs, silly me!

G

Can I dub you "National Inquirer of UHall"? Please?

Your inquiring mind always wants to know!

G

I would think that Jeremy being the community rep you would direct your questions to her.

C

Cellmate

You can dub me whatever you like, hehe. I do prefer your suggested title to some I can think of that I might have earned around the place!

I suspect there are a few, if not many, that would and/or already have me dubbed as a royal pain in the butt, and wouldn't be at all surprised if Jeremy was among them, haha.
I have been a tad, errr, let's say forceful, with a few of my posts of late.

Oh, and I just realised I left one particular "team" out of my OP, I better go add them as well!!

*edits OP*

C

Cellmate

<blockquote><hr>

Ralf of Cats: I would think that Jeremy being the community rep you would direct your questions to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you may be correct in some ways, however it is or at least has been a fairly common practice for posters on this forum to direct questions to particular Developers.
And since the Developers have often posted their own threads and/or replied directly to questions posed to them as individuals, I think it's reasonable to know who they are and where they sit in the overall scheme of things.

In the past, with each new expansion or box, there has been a full list of credits posted to EA.Com or Stratics, listing everyone that had anything to do with the production.
I think, since there has been such an upheaval within UO over these past few months, an update on the entire structure is not too big an ask really.

G

I dub thee "National Inquirer of UHall and general all-around PITA"

There ... happy now? Of course not all that will fit in your title, but it's the thought that counts.

&lt;/hijack&gt;

G

If you keep pushing and asking these types of questions you are going to find out that the UO "Team" consists mostly of tech-savvy, off-duty janitors in and around the EA/Mythic offices.

Nah, I am just kidding. I really do wish the best for UO. Really. And I do not mean to terribly offend the "Team" but sometimes you get the feeling that is all there is to the UO management/ developers, if you can call them that.

I, too, would like a clear expression of the who's and the what's that constitute the UO Team; also, I would like to see results. Real results.

Both should go together... transparency of who you are and what you hope to do as well as living proof (not rhetoric) of what has been done. If the UO Team respects the UO community with the above, the peace in the realm would rival that of the days when Lord British's hand was on the scepter.

C

Cellmate

<blockquote><hr>

livity: I, too, would like a clear expression of the who's and the what's that constitute the UO Team; also, I would like to see results. Real results.

[/ QUOTE ]

As would I and many others here. Following the words from Cal &amp; Draconi, I do feel a little more positive about UO generally, notwithstanding the fact that there still remains a good many unanswered questions and doubts.

I'll feel even better if it can be demonstrated that there is now a full and stable structure to the whole UO team from the top down too!

G

I don't have the whole org chart at my fingertips, but I can certainly give you the broad outlines:

Mark Jacobs
|
Rob Denton
|
Chris Rabideau
|
Cal Crowner
| |
leads (live, new projects, engineering)
|
everyone else

I'm actually not part of that org directly - the community chain is like so:

Mark Jacobs
|
Eugene Evans (vp, marketing)
|
Robert Mull
|
community managers

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure where art fits in off the top of my head - art tends to take care of itself as far as I'm concerned, particularly when we have Grimm handling it

CS works like so:

Rob Dibiano (director)
|
Todd Gropp (manager)
|
GMs

Offhand I'm not sure who Dibiano reports to - he may report to Denton directly, or there might be another layer. It's not something that comes up in my day-to-day work. The KR credits are still pretty much correct for the highest level stuff, so if you want to see actual titles and stuff, check that out.

K

kennykilleduo

We need to have a talk with this person : Eugene Evans (vp, marketing)

Will Mark Jacobs ever come and talk to us or on Uo.com??

A

AdamD

Out of curiousity, how come there's no "normal" GM's on the KR credits?
I see 10 senior GM staff, but no normal ones, heh

U

uo_kaladin

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have the whole org chart at my fingertips, but I can certainly give you the broad outlines:

Mark Jacobs
|
Rob Denton
|
Chris Rabideau
|
Cal Crowner
| |
|
everyone else

I'm actually not part of that org directly - the community chain is like so:

Mark Jacobs
|
Eugene Evans (vp, marketing)
|
Robert Mull
|
community managers

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure where art fits in off the top of my head - art tends to take care of itself as far as I'm concerned, particularly when we have Grimm handling it

CS works like so:

Rob Dibiano (director)
|
Todd Gropp (manager)
|
GMs

Offhand I'm not sure who Dibiano reports to - he may report to Denton directly, or there might be another layer. It's not something that comes up in my day-to-day work. The KR credits are still pretty much correct for the highest level stuff, so if you want to see actual titles and stuff, check that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a better job. How would this look like? I don't have much experience but I'm willing to learn

Mark Jacobs
|
Rob Denton
|
Uo_Kaladin
|
Chris Rabideau
|
Cal Crowner
| |
|
everyone else

This should be considered an offer for my services and I shall accept an acceptance of my offer on these forums.

Ohh. I don't want to interview for the position. You just have to take my good word that I'll take EA/Mythic to the next level.

G

Jeremy, thanks for taking the time to answer. I am rooting for you and hope you and the UO Team can make UO viable in every way once again.

I think once we see results in the areas of game development, cheating/ scripting and customer service, people will be much happier... the fact you are out here making an effort towards transparency in these areas is a healthy move. Next, and of great importance, is the fruit of this labor.

Best wishes.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously!! lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously!! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

*begins searching for a phone number*

C

Cellmate

<blockquote><hr>

Jeremy: I don't have the whole org chart at my fingertips, but I can certainly give you the broad outlines:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that Jeremy, I didn't actually expect you would have had it right there, I was asking in the hope you might be able to get it at some point. Just so we get a better idea of who fits where.

Your reference to the KR credits is the kind of thing I was looking for, but if you run through that list, or the 9th Anniversary credits, it becomes immediately obvious that a whole lot of the names there are no longer with UO, and the roles have changed somewhat from those shown for the few that do remain.

Perhaps, when and if you can find the time, you could get a full update on the team please.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, we should flog this Eugene Evans (vp, marketing) person for not doing his job and advertising UO.
seriously tho, fire this person and get someone who will actually MARKET the game.

one(1) OLD (SE) package on SOME store 's shelf(best buy,circut city) doesn't cut it.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Nor does the 8th Age reference on the EA Australia website as the only mention of UO.

/flogging of dead horse