• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thanks Adida!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the Scavenger hunt!

Congrats to all Winners! And thanks for all who came to the Hunt!

The rose will get a special place in my house!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Congratulations Frarc!

I've also got to find a nice place for mine in my museum!

G

Are you kidding? Wasn't this supposed to be at 7.30 Western European Time? Looks like it took place at 7.30 Central European Time, so it was over by the time a bunch of us got there.

Great

edit: but well done to all those who participated and won, hope you had a good time.

I'm all for events (and grateful to EAMythic for holding the event), but the timetabling should be accurate.

C

Cat Crimson

It would be handy if they would post the times in GMT too to help avoid confusion. *shrug* Won't happen though... well, grats to those that made it and won though

G

Well, the UO Herald site says:

Drachenfels: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 1:30PM (7:30pm local Western European Time zone)

and WET kind of IS GMT...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_European_Time

but it looks like EA Mythic got it an hour wrong!

<---- sulky English person (England being one of the few places that's actually IN the WET zone!)

But then again, I probably don't really care, I'm just having a really bad year and it would have been a fun diversion.

Hope everyone had fun

Anyway, I'm happy for the runic changes etc and the greater dragons (once I get round to going and looking for / dying to / taming one of them!)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Which is wrong. It should have said 6.30PM WET (GMT) or 7.30PM CET.

I pointet it out on U.Hall and got the reply that the event startet 1.30 EST, and that's it.

1.30PM EST is 7.30PM, not WET but CET.

C

Cat Crimson

Hey, I'm a grumpy British person too ya know

Actually, right now I'm a hugely Zoo-happy person... TIER 11 !!!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next time when you have questions on the time of a event, just ask around here and we can convert the time to every time zone everyone needs.

Don't be afraid to ask stuff here, we don't bite! Not often anyway!

G

Thanks...

...but I didn't have any questions about the time of the event... the time as posted in this forum and on the UO Herald site said it would be at 7.30 WET!

It seems a shame that EAMythic already knew (because Piotr had told them) that the time had been miscalculated, but no-one thought to update UOHerald.

LOL

Nevermind.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A general advice i gave myself over the years with events (playerrun or devs) I always go a hour early!

G

Yeah, but an hour early?!

If they had only posted the times in US terms I would have converted it to UK time myself. As they posted the event time in UK time, I assumed they would hold it at that time and didn't bother double checking. It seems they got the time zones wrong.

It doesn't matter, it's just a bit daft.