• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you Stratics, for the flowers

• Thread starter Trebr Drab
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Trebr Drab

I didn't know where else to thank you all at.

It's a difficult time, and that was very much appreciated.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We all wanted to reach out to you and your family in a tangible way. Too often we are relegated to words on a forum that while heartfelt, leave us wanting to do more. We all hope you felt a big collective hug :grouphug:

Stratics Staff :)

T

Trebr Drab

With the holidays, I'm flooded with great memories of a perfect life in love with the perfect girl for me, raising a family, doing all the things that people do together as they live and grow together as one.

My wife didn't care for games like UO, her love was crafts. She wasn't a "natural" at it, but her persistence and expectations of perfection with what she did led her to become very good at making all sorts of things. Beautiful things. She painted pictures, did needlepoint, make these wonderful tea dyes dolls, sewed, just about everything.

In our house, since my wife had a business and sold many of her things through a store where she rented a booth, we had several work stations set up for her many talents. A sewing area set up in the Sunroom. An area in the dining room that we could quickly put away elsewhere when we had someone for dinner, some stuff in the utility room where we sprayed finish coats on certain things she made. But mainly, in our "computer room", the majority of it was a work center for her painting.

So, many times, while I was playing UO, my wife was in there painting or doing other things. I sitting on one side of the room, her on the other, facing the same wall. Almost like cubicles, heh.

Every once in a while, UO had some sounds that made her laugh. One day I was training up a new character, fighting a pig. Oink! Oink! Me wife started laughing and says "Robert" (she called me that when she was doing her mock serious thing), "what are you doing?"
"I'm killing an evil pig", I said.
I looked over at her and her shoulders were shaking with laughter.
"Roberrrt."

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trebr,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute to your Lady. Both of you were very lucky to have found each other and become a vital part of each others lives. Keeping love, the way you both obviously did, is a rare treasure.

May the Gods or Goddess' or what ever you believe in continue to bless you.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was... touching...
Keep the memory of love and time you had together, pain will eventually fade.
*hugs*

T

Trebr Drab

I'm a lucky guy, there's no doubt about that. Life does go on, and I'm trying to figure out how to get my arse in gear. I guess things will come naturally.

There's so many stories I could tell about how great people have been. But that would get pretty long. Lets just say that people are great.

T

Trebr Drab

I ran across this....

From Valerie Burger - CTTY Mar/Apr 2004 pictures from art photos on webshotsFrom Valerie Burger - CTTY Mar/Apr 2004 pictures from art photos on webshots

I remember helping her pack those pieces up to send. The primitive piece was a specific style that she did because there was a demand, but the other stuff was what I really liked the most, like the one on the left.

I don't want anyone to worry about me when I say this, but I miss her so damn much. So damn much, it hurts inside. My heart breaks every day. Then it heals up again because of the memories.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Trebr, if I thought words could take away the pain, I'd try to write you a book... but all I can offer is a virtual hug. Hang in there. People care.

T

Trebr Drab

Trebr, if I thought words could take away the pain, I'd try to write you a book... but all I can offer is a virtual hug. Hang in there. People care.
That's been a huge help for me and the kids. I wish I could tell all the stories of the kindness and care from so many, many people.

But it's ok. I just like to honor Val a little bit here and there. She's still with me, I know this beyond a doubt. And it's tough going on without her here. But I know there's lots of other people in this world who are far worse off than me.

You know, there's supposed to be an anger phase. And there's times I want to be angry. But I can't. I was so lucky, blessed, and frankly, honored to have had this in my life. I mean, it only hurts so much because it was so good.

And I'm seeing this is so many other people now. Little bits and pieces of Val, in everyone. The things that made her special. Those things are still special, and they're in us all.

I know how sappy this is. But what the heck, that's life.
Life is beautiful, and then you go to heaven.