• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Thank you Sakkarah, for the notes on new plants in FOF.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is an orchard of fruitful information on the new plants most of us eagerly await, and explanations of why the necessity of new art prohibited the developers from a 5th generation, or new branch of 1st gen plants. How I wish I had the skills to work on new art for plants. I would do it for free if I only knew how! Anyway, happily a hunting we will go for new seeds; and "soon".

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the FoF link.

Sakkarah, if you happen to stop by this forum, I'd like to say THANK YOU so much for the very detailed responses you've given! Speaking for myself, I really appreciate the insight into the specific reasons that the new seeds/plants were implemented the way they were.

I can't wait for the new plants too!! :)

*hopes for lily pads*

E

Eslake

Why not make them a separate set of plants that can cross-pollinate within that set?

"This was a valid suggestion but the issue is the same. Many of the new plants have nothing in common with each other and no cross-pollination chart would make sense. I suspect this was one of the reasons they weren’t added in the first pass to begin with."
... .. And Elephant Ears have what in common with Prickly Pears exactly? ;) And yet in the "first pass" plants we can cross those 2 to get something with nothing in common with either of them - Palms.

F

feath

it is indeed a fan-tab-ulous week for gardeners! First with the updated FAQ (awesome job!) and now this wonderful response from Sakkarah! Thank you Sakkarah for taking the time to give us the thought and coding process'!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From Jeremy's FOF last week (see Hyssmaye's link):
What's To Come:There's been a bit of a change in the schedule. In order to make sure everything that is going in to Publish 55 is as good as it can be, we're delaying it by about two more weeks and rolling the content from Publish 56 in with it. This means that you do have an extra couple of weeks to finish up any Spring Cleaning you need to do, and we'll be giving more details out as we get the last kinks worked out. I've seen what is coming, and I can say with confidence that it's going to be worth the wait.