• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Under Review Text stuck / remains in reply box.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i type a reply my text is still in the reply box. it makes it extremely difficult / tedious to when multiple replies have been posted in thread. any plans to fix this?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's really annoying. I delete the text in leftover replies (what I call "ghost posts") after making my post successfully.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'll look into it, I agree it is rather annoying.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm going to move this thread to the Stratics Bug Reports Forum so it won't get lost in the clutter.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just an update on this, this problem is known and should be cleared out as soon as an update is available from one the 3rd party developers we're using.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Awesome, sounds good! I hate typing this, watching it post, then watching it still sit in my reply box! Glad I'm not the only one struggling with it!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok I don't know what's going on at Stratics of late but it's driving me insane. I don't know if I'm alone or what but I just can't take much more.

Everytime I quote a post or make a reply it posts and it also stays down in the freaking bottom as if I didn't do it yet or it didn't post... I'm guessing this is why some folk make duplicate posts... but then when I come back to the thread and want to reply again I have to remember to scroll down to the bottom and delete all that **** or risk duplicating my post AGAIN and adding to it a new quote and reply... this is EXTREMELY annoying.

Also sometimes when I'm trying to quote and reply after doing all that deleting going back up finding the post i wanted to reply to quoting it and making my message I hit post and it just sits there doing nothing but that little box in the upper right is doing the little rectangles over and over and over and over.... for ages on end I then can't seem to refresh the page leave Stratics or anything until I just say F it and close the browser and restart..... then I can't get back into Stratics for 5 min or more. By that time I honestly don't give a rats anymore.

This is seriously uncool when you want to help someone with a problem and you can't make a freaking post to save your life. The annoyances are starting to really get to me.

If it helps I use Firefox with adblock and No script. Though just for you I've turned my adblock off on these pages though I'm starting to reconsider that decision.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi guys.

We are aware of this issue, and I for one agree it is rather irritating. There is a Stratics bug report here. I'm going to leave this post here in UHall so people who may not venture far from this forum can see, but for future reference, posts in the Stratics Bug Reports forum are much more likely to be quickly seen by @Ron Bron and the administrators. It is a known issue and is being looked into. Thanks!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We're already aware of this and have are waiting on an update from the developer of one of the plugins we use on the site that is causing this to happen.

I'm going to merge this thread with the existing thread on this topic.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I installed an update that should correct this issue, can anyone else verify that they are no longer having text remaining stuck?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I installed an update that should correct this issue, can anyone else verify that they are no longer having text remaining stuck?
The text in my messages still gets stuck the same way as before.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seven or eight reply tries and can't get the cursor out of the reply area at all today. A few attempts before the cursor will come out of the quote area is just annoying, not being able to get it out after this many tries is just ridiculous. Fix this damn forum so it damn well works! :rant2:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seven or eight reply tries and can't get the cursor out of the reply area at all today. A few attempts before the cursor will come out of the quote area is just annoying, not being able to get it out after this many tries is just ridiculous. Fix this damn forum so it damn well works! :rant2:
Before you go to reply sometimes i have to go down to this blank space at the bottom and delete everything here first before I try to reply...... I am hoping that this BS gets fixed come Monday the 30th.

If you haven't noticed Stratics says it'll be down from some patching and such for awhile on Monday. Lets hope that does it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We're still waiting on the update to come in. For now we're going to disable the Advanced Editor for all non-staff members to at least attempt to give you guys some peace of mind until we do get the fix in place and can test it.

Last edited: