• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Terrence - a request for Stratics

B

Beastmaster

Any chance of getting another forum for the PvP crowd to post all this childish crap in?

N

Nastia Cross

There are many other forums for pvpers to post in, several of us have mentioned them numerous times, but for some reason people feel the need to post their nonsense here. =(

Off the top of my head, here are several options:

uopvp.net
uofoa.forumotion.com
uodxm.com

S

Sir Achilles

There are many other forums for pvpers to post in, several of us have mentioned them numerous times, but for some reason people feel the need to post their nonsense here. =(

Off the top of my head, here are several options:

uopvp.net
uofoa.forumotion.com
uodxm.com
I've checked those and there doesn't seem to be much activity.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Just skip the thread s you know you arn't interested in. Also most people left Stratics because UOChesapeake isn't moderated anymore. Check out UOforums they mod it very well and are more strict.

If you really have a problem. Any posts you see as trolling or offensive, has curse words blah blah blah which almost 85% are just hit the report button on the post and soon enough accounts will become suspended and some banned.

N

Nastia Cross

The FoA forums are picking up in the members section, but we don't have many non-members registered.. maybe if more posted there instead of here, it would be more active. Just my two cents.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The FoA forums are picking up in the members section, but we don't have many non-members registered.. maybe if more posted there instead of here, it would be more active. Just my two cents.
I already told you to have your members only post there as well as you. Thats how you start it :)

V

Vortimer

Does it really make you that upset that people post about pvp here?

This forum would be dead otherwise.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Doesn't upset me. I think what he was getting at was most of the crap you all post is stupid and high school like.

We owned five vs 100. Think thats what he is talking about. Only times I come here is to post an event or what not. As I said most of the mature crowed is on Uoforums. So I would try there. Terrence obviously isn't modding anymore.

:danceb:

Ill use Sir Achilles as an example since well he hates me already. I joined a year ago on this account and have 456 posts. Sir Achilles joined 3 months ago and has 154 posts. Show me one post that PvPers have found useful or that helps the community.

I stoped careing about PvP a littler before I came back to Chesapeake. One of the GMs of a large PvP guild lost his wife while she was in labor and all the PvP community had to say was.

"How does it feel to have to see the ******* child that killed your wife every day?"

"Lmao that kid ripped your wife in two! Literally"

and even worse crap. Thats why I care 0% for most PvPers and its most PvPers that would say something like that that post the threads how people suck and how they rock and owned and how ill steal your wife from you etc etc.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't upset me. I think what he was getting at was most of the crap you all post is stupid and high school like.

We owned five vs 100. Think thats what he is talking about. Only times I come here is to post an event or what not. As I said most of the mature crowed is on Uoforums. So I would try there. Terrence obviously isn't modding anymore.

Ill use Sir Achilles as an example since well he hates me already. I joined a year ago on this account and have 456 posts. Sir Achilles joined 3 months ago and has 154 posts. Show me one post that PvPers have found useful or that helps the community.

I stoped careing about PvP a littler before I came back to Chesapeake. One of the GMs of a large PvP guild lost his wife while she was in labor and all the PvP community had to say was.

"How does it feel to have to see the ******* child that killed your wife every day?"

and even worse crap. Thats why I care 0% for most PvPers and its most PvPers that would say something like that that post the threads how people suck and how they rock and owned and how ill steal your wife from you etc etc.

Not every pvper is a big ol' hater; and shouldn't be clumped into a big ball like that. Thats how prejudices start sir. :talktothehand:

Morpheus Mardox

UO Chesapeake News Manager
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum is for all aspects of play here on the chessy shard. Not simply events or shard news. I for one welcome everyones posts here nonsense or otherwise. The suggestion of a pvp trash talk thread stickied to the top would be a wonderful idea to perhaps please everyone somewhat. Nice site plugs by those "mature" folks on other sites :] Visit them ALL, but we all find ourselves back here in the end moderated or not. Our recent threads have bordered offensive at times and hell even mediocre but trust they do not go unwatched :}

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Not every pvper is a big ol' hater; and shouldn't be clumped into a big ball like that. Thats how prejudices start sir. :talktothehand:
Most does not mean all. If I clumped ALL pvpers together it would say all. :next:

S

Sir Achilles

Why become a member if I'm not going to post? Also, if you annualize my posts they come out to about the same as yours, since I've been a member three months and you have been here for twelve.

Also, I do have enough sense to show compassion when it is deserved, I (being a brand new dad) can't imagine losing my wife during delivery, how tragic that must have been for him. My heart goes out to anyone that has to go thru something like that.

P.S. I don't hate you. I enjoy a good disagreement.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I am glade you wouldn't. I did not mean I did say most which some may think only one or two don't but it's more then that that wouldn't. I know some of you do enjoy the pvp and what most call a "Challenge" to stay alive and get a thrill.

:twak: If this was PvP and all I had to do was hit you with a twig I still might not be able to win. heh

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do NOT pvp any more. But ya have to permit some of that cuz they too have a play style and whom pwnd whom when atm is important or just fun jabbings they enjoy doing to a degree at each other. Give it a moment and it will change cuz A pwnt B ...till next go round then B pwnt A for a change and on and on ...it CAN be entertaining sometimes too ya know. Got to lighten up and find humor in some of it ! :) OR if it really bugs ya just don't read any of em...but they too are part of any community/shard. . thus should be on the same shard forum as the rest of us.

I am sure they probably think some of US are silly too...when we utter "sup thou" at them in roleplay fashion they may even look at us like WE are crazy with our tea parties and so forth. :)

They may not *get us* and we may not *get them* ! Different strokes for different folks.:danceb:

S

Sebrina

This forum is for all aspects of play here on the chessy shard. Not simply events or shard news. I for one welcome everyones posts here nonsense or otherwise. The suggestion of a pvp trash talk thread stickied to the top would be a wonderful idea to perhaps please everyone somewhat. Nice site plugs by those "mature" folks on other sites :] Visit them ALL, but we all find ourselves back here in the end moderated or not. Our recent threads have bordered offensive at times and hell even mediocre but trust they do not go unwatched :}
Ditto :Ditto:

and as Queen Zen said, "They may not *get us* and we may not *get them* ! Different strokes for different folks."

There's really not that much trash talk in this Chessy forum, and I've seen the mods let much harsher talk get by in UHaul. Also, I never consider UOforums as some sort of competitor. They are friends too, with some great info, and no sweat off my back where someone wants to post.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can try this, but under one main condition - the non PvPers and the faint at heart will not go there and if they do anyway, it will be at their own risk.
I'm not responding to moderator calls "omg omg he said the other guy sucked!"
There may be some other conditions ... *ponders*

B

Beastmaster

We can try this, but under one main condition - the non PvPers and the faint at heart will not go there and if they do anyway, it will be at their own risk.
I'm not responding to moderator calls "omg omg he said the other guy sucked!"
There may be some other conditions ... *ponders*
Change your mind?