• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Templates ..... Post Them Here

C

Cruxshadow

steal bottles from a packie. 1 bottle = 1 stone. for best gains, steal about equal or more to your level. 50 stealing = 5-6 stones.

W

Warrior of Time

I am afraid I don't want to fight anything in PVM, and don't. With stealth why bother.

Stealing and stealth..........120 scroll (jewelry to get to 120)
Hideing ..........................100
magery ..........................100 ( so I don't have much casting invisabilty)
Chivalry ...........................50 (I die to get health back up)
Focus ..............................50 ( need mana after I die)
Ninjitsu ........................... 80 (Smoke and shadow jump)
Snoop ............................100

Only think in the Dojo + mines is the one statue that come by the cage.
Only ones I don't have from the underworld is the oars + 3 webs (sick of them)
Only things I need from the void is the Luck Totum, + painting.

Got bored and stole from the Slasher.

I use the blessed virtue armor, and insured arcane robe. (my way back to the body I may want to cast invisabilty.) Also has less weight than regs for 24 spells.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My standard Stealth Mage:

115 Magery
110 Med
0 Eval (depend on summons for Offensive, 110 on ss)
100 Spellweave
* 100 Mystic (ate 110 PS)
100 Hide
85 Stealth
40 Necro (blessed +11 necro book makes +51)
100 Spirit Speak

(*60 skill, I soulstone Mystic) - 120 w/items)

Since Lanterns have come out, I ss'd Steal and am trng Mysticism up as far a s possible).

Lantern Thief:

120 Swords
100 Tact
100 Ant
100 Heal
110 Chiv
100 Hide
60 Steal (120 w/items)
40 Stealth (80ish w/items)

Used only to steal using Smugglers Edge, generally at beginning phase of Tokuno sppawn.

T

Timothy_SP

Siege Perilous Thief Template

Magery.......120
Stealing......120
Snooping....100
Hiding ........100
Stealth........80
Ninja..........120
Meditation....50
Focus ..........20

Run around in animal form most times. Ki-rin for long runs, Wolf for steal get aways, and Unicorn works nice in Champ Spawns to avoid poison traps and fields revealing you. (They will get the message though, so still try to avoid them!)

You get one Siege Bless, so a -0 SCNP Weapon works well. That gives you a chance to evade some attacks.

Get a trapped box for Paralyze escapes.

Carry potions and smoke bombs when out in the wild.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been pondering about a thief/looter on Siege.

Hiding - 100
Stealth - 75 (is it 75 or 80?)
Snooping - 100
Stealing - 120
Ninja - 110 (maybe 120?)
Magery - 90 (60% chance on Gate Travel seems ok)

If I bless a Burglar's Bandana I get 135-155 points left, depending on age.

So what to do more?
Resist - for the "armor"
Tracking - to keep track of my mark (no ****)
Detect - without tracking I guess there isn't really any point

Any thoughts?

C

Cruxshadow

resist, good for runnin around naked. you wont lose anythign when you does, except maybe a few regs or some arcane boots. also, i would just plan on working hiding stealth and stealing to real skill so eventually you can get away without using the burglars bandana. makes it alot more fun to be able to bless a weapon and go pwn some afkers every once in awhile. or be able to bless your loot if you plan on going in for seconds.

I

Irion

Hi there,
I just started UO and I played thiefs on freeshards before. So I could use some hepful advise on my template

The obvious choices...

120 Steaing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
??? Stealth

Other choices

100 Ninjitsu (Animal form)
100 Magery (for mobility)
120 Resisting Spells

Im running around in a full resi suit, shadow dancer leggings and burglars.

3 Questions.

So how much Stealth is recommended/usefull? Does 120 work against detect hidding ?
Im at the resi cap - is 120 resisting spells still usefull?
Whats the real Ninjitsu skill I need to go in wolf form without fizzling?

Hab my first "theft" 2 days ago. An IDOC house got me 8 mil. (Thats where the shadowdancers and burglars came from^^)

Irion - Europe

C

Cruxshadow

if you are on a normal shard and not siege, i would drop the resist. and, on normal shard there is passive detect so i wouldnt even worry about 120 stealth, you get revealed all the time anyways. i would just run 80 (which is enough for 100% success all the time in medable armor). might want to try running something like this:

120 stealing
100 snoop
100 hiding
80 stealth
120 ninja
115 (or 120, but thats expensive) Magery
100 tactics or spellweaving
(i know this is more than 720 skill points, but you have dancer legs and bandana)

this way you can steal whatever you like, ninja away, cast useful spells, use a mage weapon and still be able to do some good damage, or be able to summon some pixies to fight for you. you could switch out magery for 60ish chivalry and just use that to recall around, or you could switch out tactics for something like reveal or detect hidden. its all up to you, the main ones that you need though are steal stealth hiding snoop.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 stealing
100 snooping
100 hiding
100 detect hidden
80 stealth
80 wrestling
70 chiv
50 ninja
20 focus

This is specifically for the production shards. Lots of fun. You may not stay alive that much, but you're a thief, does that matter? It's all about the fun. :) ...la

R

Robthemilt

120 stealing
100 snooping
100 hiding
100 detect hidden
80 stealth
80 wrestling
70 chiv
50 ninja
20 focus

This is specifically for the production shards. Lots of fun. You may not stay alive that much, but you're a thief, does that matter? It's all about the fun. :) ...la
That is a fun template its pretty similar to the one i've been running.

On a prodo shard there is no reason for you to not get the necessary stam regen on your suit, so scrap the focus. (especially if you're human) I do occasionally miss having some med though.

50 ninja...smokebombs and mirror images. both useful if you're planning on shadow striking the a mirror image to auto hide. But I dont think you can shadow strike with 80 wrestling. And I love smokebombs. You need at least 90 to get the full benefits. Mounted speed from the form. I regularly run laps around despise getting chased and pulling multiple steals.

80 wrestling on prodo shards is absolutely useless if you're planning on stealing from players. Fel Players on prodo shards wont be caught with less than 115 of a weap skill so at 80 you'll never hit them and they'll always hit you. Wrestling itself could be useful. hit a disarm or para on the run and laugh. But you'll need 120 to do it as well as solid HCI on the suit.

And I like the chiv over magery.

You've got a tweakable template that would be effective and fun on prodo shards. Detect isnt as effective because of the skill timer, BUT it is definitely fun, fun enough that I won't take it off Sarme. Just tweak the numbers get some gear and it'll be a good time. Getting the gear that is available on prodo shards opens up enough room for a whole other skill if you want it too. I run alchy, but you've got plenty of options.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I got 2 thieves, the one I always fall back on is Stickypaws. He is intended as a 'go anywhere naked' character. I never used anything worth insuring and hated carrying regs or anything else i could lose. I was a thief darnit! Why would I carry anything except my wit and ego? :D

90 Stealing (100 with Bandanna, sometimes 110 with ferret form) - I never needed more than this, most of my time was spent stealing powerscrolls with odd visits into Doom or Tokonu. I had the ferret talisman as sometimes I would hear a rare was going to spawn and I wanted a higher chance of getting it. Seeing as it was blessed, a talisman worth having with no fear of losing it / insurance costs.

90 Snooping (100 with Bandanna) - Maxed out, spent time in fel. Would replace with Resist if I wasn't a fel thief.

100 Hiding - Maxed out, obviously.

70 Stealth (80 with Bandanna) - Only went to 80 because I never wore armour. Never felt the need to go higher.

80 Chivalry - Sacred Journey, Rez, heal and cure without the need for carrying regs. Yes please :)

70 Meditation - I cast quite a bit oddly.

110 Ninjitsu - Kirin form is Stickys signature, leave this at 100% lama form whatever that is. Might have taken it to 120, but never really spent money in UO, and never stole a 120 Ninjitsu.

80 Spellweaving - I would turn up to EM events and stuff on this character, 80 spell weaving can always summon fiend / fey + natures fury 100% of the time. Good for mini spawns.

690 Total

The odd 30 moves between tracking, focus, camping, med, whatever I feel like really.

Stats were... I think.... With a stolen +25 of course...

80 Strength
50 Dexterity
125 Intelligence

Equipment, last seen wearing -

Shortpants - Blessed
Burglars Bandana - Blessed
Ring of the Savant - Blessed (newbie island ring)
Clasp of Concentration - Blessed (newbie island bracelet)
Talisman of the Fey - Blessed (ferret form)

With nothing to ever lose, dying never bothered me, but with Kirin form, hiding, stealth, and good running skills, it was rare I died :lick:

I could dabble in PvM with the midgie swarms and pixies/imps, I could steal arties if the whim took me, I could wander into Doom, dungeons, life threatening situations, and not really worry about anything. Great fun. :D

M

Maltim

Template I've been playing with, still tweaking. Working nicely so far. Prodo, good defense, good (not great) offense

Real (Boosted)

100 (120) stealing
25 (75) stealth
100 SWeaving
100 Hiding
100 Snooping
90 (120) ninjitsu
95 (120) wrestling
110 (120) resist spells

Elf, 100 str, 30 dex, 125 int...dex is there for stam for running and such (if anyone knows a way to circumvent that need, lemme know!)

Explanation past gear load out

======================================================

Insurance-free gear:

Corgul's Enchanted Sash
Cloak of Silence
Royal Guard Investigator
Tangle
Earrings of Protection
Snake Skin Boots
Talisman of Cu, Ferret
Conjuror's Grimoire
regular scrapper's
Corgul's undead book

Stuff that costs money when I die:

Inquisitor's
Shadow Dancer Leggings
RBC

Imbued woodland neck, arms...mage armor, lmc, mr, sr, enhanced with bloodwood to make up resists
Imbued Ring/Brace, +30 ninjitsu, 25 wrestling, 50 enhance potions (ecru), bunch of dci and hci on them, forgot how much
Another set of ring/brace, +30 magery, +30 Necro, 40 LRC (eventually will add 24 ss for ****s and giggles)

Mana Phasing Orb DCI, LMC, LRC
that alchy talisman
bloodwood spirit

Chaos Shield museum replica

====================================================

Concerns/Criticisms:

Burglar's bandana would easily free up another 20 points and is blessable, and is, of course, for pimping burglars. That 20 points could be put in magery, stack on those magery items above and you have 70 magery without breaking a sweat. Mark? Yes please.

I use weaving for the HoT, gift of life, the pixies, nature's fury, and attunement. This could easily be dropped to 80, possibly lower, provided you have a server that does unskilled circles. Pacific does not typically do so, and I am required to stay at 100.

I hate elf. Such is the price of woodland armor.

My defenses:

I like operating in clothing only. I like having a certain minimum skill in snooping and stealing. I really like magery, but in most of my thefts, most of the spells I love aren't even used. Do I suffer from their loss? In the event that a well timed para, invis, dispel field or energy field would have saved me, yes. I haven't run into that event, and I'm convinced that the playerbase of Pacific is no longer skilled enough to make me miss them. I find spellweaving comes into regular play in most field play and hit-n-run-n-return sprees. This is personal preference, but pixies seem to be as much if not more of a distraction than energy field ;)

In this day and age, the usefulness of resist appears to be debatable. I like it. I hate mana drain, I hate para, and I like naked resists.

The gear is built almost exclusively around two items: Inquisitor's Resolution and the non-replica version of Royal Guard. I refuse to take them off, I am proud of the former's theft and the latter's purchase with profits FROM theft. I understand inquis is pretty easily replacable and my suit would actually be far, far easier to construct with imbued gloves and items making up the FCR elsewhere. I would love to work in my orny instead of skill/dci/hci bracelets, but I can't see how.

The gear is also based around the idea of being able to operate almost as well naked as in full gear. In this case, blessed clothing as opposed to full gear, but yeah. I could achieve this better by dropping weaving altogether and simply being a thief, but...well, its prodo.

========================================================

Pros: Resist, stun punches, pixies, can swap for necro or magery jewels for easy wraith form for crowds, heal, wall of stone, whatever, can operate (mostly) with just clothes and SDL

Cons: No magery, inquisitor's resolution, elf, 70% lrc when swapping to magery/necro gear

Wants: Owned by No One talismans...Crystalline Ring...+magery, +lrc scrappers...a shard that does unskilled circles...and the will to actually lower snooping/stealing to 90

Please note, this character is not and won't be in Factions. I don't play for any team but the GOR team.

I have another more run of the mill thief. Human

120 stealing
120 stealth
100 hiding
100 snooping
120 magery
120 ninjitsu
40 tracking

Virtue armor set, swords of prosperity, dci hci lrc 50 ep ring, orny, corgul's sash, corgul's undead, ninja belt, trapped boxes, potions

He functions almost as well defensively and was much, much, much easier to put together gear wise, the template is tried and true...its just not as fun to me as the other guy. I still recommend it though, especially for new folks or people returning that aren't used to gear stats.

Forgive the obscenely long post, trying to be as constructive as possible in my return to the community

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege Perilous:
120 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
75 Stealth
120 Ninjitsu
99 Tracking
106 Magery

Napa Valley:
120 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
120 Nintjisu
110 Fencing
80 Poisoning
110 Magery

**Skill totals after item bonuses.
**80 Stealth/Poisoning for Shadow Strike/Lethal Poison.

N

NatalieVain

Classic D&D Rogue

Hiding
Stealth
Remove Trap
Detect Hidden
Lockpicking
Stealing
Fencing

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage 110
Mystic 100
Focus 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 80 (120 with items)
Stealing 80 (120 with items)
Swords 70 (for shadowstrike special)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of my most beloved characters, probably the second I made overall and definitely the most fun to play. Anyone who was around during the Juo'nar Occupation of Trinsic and stealing Silver Weps will know what I'm talking about, hehe. Personally, I've always taken a casual approach to skill building, probably why it took me 10 years to get Legendary Blacksmith, but here is my thief. I've also got a handful of detecting hidden and remove trap that I always felt like I should just "have" out of general principle of being a thief and stealing all those dried herbs & copper wire from Moonglow and Serpent's Hold. Thinking about it I may sprinkle in some combat/poisoning soon.

Hiding 100%
Lock picking 100%
Snooping 99.7%
Stealing 119.8%
Stealth 118.8%

Last edited:

FLiP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Give it a thought, a self resourced thief?

Snoop
Steal
Hide
Stealth
Ninja
Alchemy
Detect Hidden
(siege)

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing 120
Snooping 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 120
Ninjitsu 120
Fencing 120
Tactic 100
Meditation 80

I use the assassin set, burglar's bandana, Investigator cloak, +10 stealth robe, Ring and brace for total of +70 skill points. I use charged runebook for travel.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stealing 100 [120 with gear]
Snooping 80 [100 with gear]
Magery 100
Med 100
Wrestling 120
Hiding 100
Stealth 100

Very basic and fairly old school. I prefer this template over a standard thief since it allows swap gear in and out easily [enhanced client functions] without anyone I'm standing next to thinking I'm a thief. With a Scrappers, a spell channeling shield, and a full set of armor, I'm able to run around people PvPing in Fel and hit their bags without usually being suspected.

Tokot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't noticed my template so far... PvP thief-antistealther that can do most of pvm thief work...
Stealing 120 (60+60)
Stealth 120 (80+40) //to be 60+60 someday with royal investigator cloak
Snooping 100 (90+10)
Hiding 100
Ninjitsu 110 (80+30) //to be 90+30 someday...
Fencing 110 //to be 120 the same day
Tracking 100
Detect hidden 100

i have 2 sets of jewels - one with fc-fcr 2-4 and both ninjitsu and stealing +30, and second fc-fcr 2-5 with only ninjitsu and hci/dci. This makes my skillcap 860 in stealing mode (to be 880 later) and 110 fencing/45hci/45dci in battle mode (difference is in dagger, shield and jewels). Also, i have 18 damage eater, 8hpr, 12mr, 6sr, 40lmc and all 70-s except poison on my armor. Pretty survivable template, i have stolen up to 6 power scrolls from a single champion, and can leave almost any char without bandies in no time. Also nice for monster stealing and scouting. Still learning to play it but i like it already :)

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a minimalist pure-thief stealth hunter template that works very well on Siege. I wear no armor, no jewls, nothing for skill bonuses and no offensive abilities.

120 Stealing
120 Ninjitsu
100 Hiding
100 Snooping
100 Tracking
100 Detect
80 Stealth

Find your mark. Grab your loot. GTFO

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently:

Stealing: 120
Snooping: 100
Hiding: 100
Stealth: 120
Fencing: 100
Poisoning: 100
Alchemy: 100

Alchemy is a convenience skill for making my own DP and I make potion kegs with extra reagents and put them on my vendor.

Fencing/Poisoning is a distraction tool more than an offensive. I'll use it if I'm caught. Gives me a few minutes to try and escape while they attempt to heal LP.

Last edited: