• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Templates ..... Post Them Here

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thievery is very specialized and also very diverse. The actual skill of stealing and perhaps snooping are all that is really needed to be called a thief. The extra skills that are added to the template, define the purpose and perhaps the versatility of the thief.

So post your templates here, and describe what your thief is used for. If you have any specialized skills include why you choose that skill. Feel free to list any equipment worn or carried that you feel is essential to the function of your thief.

I'm sure this will help some others make some decisions as they build a thief.

Let me go first, with one of my thief templates.

Aka la - Elf
Faction Thief

101/72/77 (Str./Dex./Int.)
100/72/104 (Hps/Stamina/Mana)
Suit = 70/68/67/70/75

Chivalry ---------- 67.1
Focus ------------ 40
Detect Hidden --- 100
Hiding ----------- 100
Lock picking ------- 50
Ninjitsu ---------- 115
Remove Trap------100
Stealing---------- 102.8
Stealth -----------105.1

The skills listed above include items worn.

She gets her stamina regeneration for running in wolf form from her suit which has 7 stamina regen. The suit also carries 45 DCI. She has no real offense except for the shurikens she carries. She also wears the Treatise on Alchemy for the enhanced potions.

As far as jewels, she has many but most are kept in the bank for different situations. On her person she carries a chiv +30 set (recall in stat) and an ecru citrine for the enhanced pots.

The purpose of the jewels is still be able to perform certain functions and help the team while in stat loss.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

Clayton (Gotta love disguise kits) - Human
All purpose Thief

105/20/110
102/20/110

Suit (120 Tailor Made) = 42/40/49/61/69

Steal 100.4/120 (Items & Burglars Bandana)
Snoop 84.6/94.6 (BB)
Hide 100
Mage 100
Med 100
Wrestle 100
Track 20.4

I turned him into a mage/thief before the appearance of powerscrolls. It was really funny to be chased for stealing something, then turn around and blast them with magery. Many a fun times. It's a harder to survive now, but it's still a blast.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

From weins201
I run a Mage Nija Thief

Magery - 102.2 - 115 Can be 120 when i get scroll
Eval - 101.2
Med - 101.1
Stealing - 82 - 120
Snooping - 90 - 90
Hiding - 100
Stealth - 56 - 120
Ninja - 87.5

As you can see there are alot of points from items: Stealt/Steal Mark, Shadow Dancers, Investigators Cloak, Tomb of Knowledge.

Add the new oak leaf cloak when i get one and ill lower ther real on stelath 5 more i think and raise nija.

I can move freely aorund ALL over and steal from players easily enough at spawns and escape as well. There is enought mager to fight also at spawns.

Hope this helped.

Rem ITEMS

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

From Black Sun

First set yourself up a template. Here's a generic thief template. You can tailor this to your particular play style (PvP or PvE)

100 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Lockpicking
100 Fencing
100 Tactics

This will allow you to steal from both players and crates, and defend yourself a little bit if necessary. The point is to get in, make your grab, and get out with little to no actual combat. Soulstones are your best friend if you plan being both a PvP and Non-Pvp thief. That way you can really fine tune your skill set as needed for each particular session.

Personally I use the following template for rares hunting (Doom, Tokuno, Etc), but I have Snooping and Lockpicking (100 in each) soul stoned that I can pull out to modify my template as needed depending on where and what I plan on hunting.

100 Stealing (Shadow Dancer Leggings take me to 120)
100 Hiding
100 Stealth (SDL to get to 120)
100 Fencing
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing

I use runebooks to get around, and have an ethereal mount for when I need to make a quick getaway. My suit consists of runic made studded leather pieces so I'm able to stealth away about 90% of the time with no problem. I think my lowest resist is maybe 65. I believe 3 or 4 resists are at 70 with the others close to it.

For stats I ate a +25 stat scroll.

Str 120
Dex 110
Int 25

Most of the points are for HP and Stamania. I get by with just enough mana to recall once or twice before I have to wait for a regen. My suit also adds a few stat points in both dex and str.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

From Oriana

My thief is a mix. somewhat for fun somewhat serious.

Stealing GM-(120 eventually)
Stealth-GM probably drop to 80
Hiding GM
Begging GM
Herding GM
Magery GM
Eventually will add ninjitsu enough for animal form at least.
Still toying with were to put the rest maybe med?

Seems we have a wide range of templates to look over. YAY!!

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

From Robthemilt

My thief is a Mage thief with Detect.
Detect 100
stealing 120
snooping 100
stealth 120
ninja 100
hiding 100
Magery115
and tracking 20.1

or at least he will be going back to this soon. I've done everything I would want my thief to do within game limits. The only real Flaw is having to count on summons to kill for me. With all my gear the standard PLUS specialized skill jewels (45 extra). I have plenty of skill points left over. I'm not sure if they'll go into focus or med. OR maybe some spellweaving. Geez Anyone have any input? focus, med or spellweaving?

Oh ya, I dont remember who said 120 stealing isn't required for PVP thief, but If i had missed the steal, when i got a ****** with uninsured Inquis i'd have put my laptop through the wall. As well as some other minor stuff.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

From Maz

Been running mine now for awhile. I have snooping on a stone but I rarely target players anymore so it's a waste of 100 points.

120 stealing (gm real with shadow dancer legs and a 20 ps)
120 stealth ( gm real with shadow dancer legs and a 20 ps)
100 hiding
100 tracking
100 detect hidden
110 magery
110 eval

Until the addition of the new faction items (quit factions over that junk), she was mainly a faction sigil thief and a crate runner but I sometimes dropped eval for snoop when I wanted to take aids, regs, or ect while defending. Not the strongest template by any means but very diverse in uses and strong enough to live thru most fights with the proper suit.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

From JOKING

Although my thief doesn't do to well in the PvP circuit... I have no trouble with PvM...

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Meditation
120 Music
120 Provoke
120 Stealing

Before music/provoke... I had hiding and stealth... but then I realized I was hunting in between spawns so I really didnt use the skills that much so I swapped them out and depended alot on invisibility...

Sorry couldn't offer more help with the PvP thief... good luck and have fun!!!

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

From Petra Fyde

My thief is still semi-set up for use in Magincia releasing ghosts, I stoned her begging to put back her magery to give her more ability to kill off her marks to get fresh spawn. Currently she has this:

Stealing 120.0 (Shadow dancers leggings)
Stealth 120.0 (Shadow dancers leggings)
Spirit Speak 110.0 (some from Bloodwood Spirit)
Necromancy 106.1 (some from Bloodwood Spirit)
Magery 101.3
Hiding 100.0
Meditation 100.0

Character attributes aside, on a 'personal' level, I'm a wuss who doesn't like to upset people so I'll never be a pvp thief.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now my template is:
100 stealing (120 with shadow dancer legs)
100 stealth (120 with shadow dancer legs)
100 hiding
100 magery (114 with ring)
100 meditaton
100 eval int
100 resist

On soul stones I have gm lockpicking, detect hidden, remove trap and tracking.)

R

Robthemilt

Sarme's Current Template.

120 Stealing
118.1 stealth (im stealing it now)
100 hiding
100 snooping
105.3 ninja (im stealing it now)
65 chiv
100 detect (im stealing it now too)
and something in the neighborhood of 80 tracking when its finished.

I wear a full seventies suit that i'll be revising for some DCI and Stam regen.
I wear +skill jewelry with 1/2 combined casting. Along with the Burgs bandana and shadow dancers.
currently I am able to PVP steal, PVM steal, and pick stuff up off the floors in doom and tok. And I like being able to invis before showing up at my destination. I realize most players can hear me come in but it lets me see what im getting into, rather than come in and being auto agro'd. Chiv has also allowed me to lose my arcane clothing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Petra Fyde

Stealing 120.0 (Shadow dancers leggings)
Stealth 120.0 (Shadow dancers leggings)
Spirit Speak 110.0 (some from Bloodwood Spirit)
Necromancy 106.1 (some from Bloodwood Spirit)
Magery 101.3
Hiding 100.0
Meditation 100.0
I've now dropped necro, though kept enough, with the bloodwood spirit, to be able to summon a wisp, and picked up enough ninja to cast llama/ostard form to give her a bit more mobility.

R

RichDC

Mine is focused for PvP but does well in PvM as well:

90 stealing (shadow dancer to 110, ferret to 120)
100hiding
79 stealth (shadow dancer and +11 brace +10 mark of trav)
109 wrestle (+11 from brace)
100 alchemy
100 ninja (+10 mark of trav-100% llama)
(82free skill points!!)

And just added the maths, so 70ish healing 70ish anat will probs go on temp.

I have got 80% enhance pots (50%ring 10%dci 7 str and 30% from alchy)
54% dci (15% tunic 10% ring 14% brace 5%quiver 10%gloves)
13hpr and near enough all 70's (i use the mark instead of bandana as better resists in key areas and hpr3)
I have very little MR but i rarely use any spells cept forms and shadowjump.

Not very offensive minded but do around 40 with an exp pot and can para blow so they dont move from it!!! Mainly defensive template very hard to hit!!!(plus disarm!!!)

Little brag on the end sorry...using an awesome brace with 22skills (11stealth 11wrestle 14%dci and 7 dex!!!!)

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thief is as follows :

Fencing - 120
Hiding - 100
Magery - 115 (100 real, 15 from book)
Ninjitsu - 120
Poisoning - 90
Snooping - 100 (90 real, 10 from bandana)
Stealing - 120 (67 real, 53 from items)
Stealth - 85 (33 real, 52 from items) still gotta add +5 shroud for 90

only 850 skill points inc items, :)

Resist all mid 50's, 100 lrc, Lmc 40+, Mr 6
Hit points 115, Stamina 95, Mana 96

Edit : This char can be used for most spawns while stealing, :)

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this just stupid?
Mostly interested in PvM stealing...

Magery
Meditation
Music
Stealth
Hiding
Stealing
Peacemaking

THat is 7 skills. I contemplated dropping meditation altogether and using a MR12 suit...

and either use the extra points to 120 everything, or to pull 90 provocation off my soulstone and use that...

Would this work or is this impossible and should I go with eval/ninja/snoopig or something?

R

Robthemilt

No one answered Thav,
That doesnt seem stupid, for PVM you have more options and you can get more creative. Im not sure how easy it is to use the barding skills on some of the tougher monsters, but try it and let us know.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sofar so good with the peace tamer thief. Fun to stealth up to a monster, stand next to him, steal, run a bit, and then either dissapear or just peace and rid the next one of some loot. Only issue is hiding and peacing are skills on the same timer, so you cannot peace and hide. But you can invis :)

Going to work on my barding skills a bit and will report back!

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

Having provo instead of peace would be good because you could provo two tough high fame monsters together and steal from them while they fight.

It means you could maximize your chance of getting a special item.

I use
120 stealing
120 stealth
110 magery
100 snooping
100 eval
100 hide
100 ninja
40 med

I use burgalars bandana and shadow dancer leggings, the rest of my suit just focuses on getting to 100lrc.

M

Maximilliean

I will use:

120 Stealing
120 Stealth
110 Fencing
110 Ninjitsu
100 Poisoning
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
40 Necro

I use a burgalars bandana, +30 Ring/Braclet and Ninjitsu animal forms(depending on the situation). Necro is for wraith form. Weapon of choice: Flesh Ripper w/DP poison

L

Lord Drakelord

Stealing 120.0 80.0
Stealth 112.0 60.0
Hiding 100.0 100.0
Lockpicking 100.0 100.0
Magery 100.0 100.0
Meditation 100.0 100.0
Wrestling 100.0 100.0
Ninjitsu 27.5 27.5

Str 114 114
Dex 35 35
Int 116 116

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The profession of a thief has many varied and different templates. To help the budding thief's out there, post your templates here. It would be nice if you included why you chose this particular template. Feel free to post anything else that you might feel as essential - tools of the trade, equipment etc...

Q

S

Shinobi

Real Skill:

85 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
85 AnimalTaming
100 Animal Lore
100 Detect Hidden
50 Tracking

Boosted Skill:

120 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
120 Stealth
115 Animal Taming
115 Animal Lore
100 Detect Hidden
50 Tracking

Items to boost:

Shadow Dancer Leggings
Mark of the Travesty (Tame/Lore)
Birds of Britannia Talisman
+15 Stealing/+15 Animal Taming Ring (yes, both on one ring)

This temp is amazing. I think all thieves should be tamers. Imagine a large thief tamer guild. Multiple super drags on screen at once, and the ability to steal from the people...it'd be awesome.

Not only is a super drag the perfect distraction for a get-away, but people are less inclined to think you're a thief if you look like a tamer.

Also, if they have something you want, track them. This way, if they try to run away, you can hunt them down. Odds are they'll run away and hide/invis themselves. Simply follow the arrow straight to them, then detect. The only problem is that when you use Detect Hidden, you lose your last target. So, you'd have to snoop the player again after revealing them.

Detect Hidden is also amazing for gate stealing. I like to get 4 thieves to block each corner of the gate, then I detect the area every time I hear someone enter the gate. The player is temporarily blocked, allowing all surrounding thieves to snoop/steal before they can get out.

I've always said, as long as you have 120 Stealing, 100 Snooping, 100 Hiding, and at least 100 Stealth, the rest of your temp is just accessories.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stealing 120
snooping 100
hide 100
stealth 120
fencing or wrestling 120
ninjitsu 120
magery 40

I run with a crystalline ring for gating with scrolls. Wrestling works the best for me, but sometimes, depending on who and where I'll take fencing instead.
Why this particular template? It just works well for me, and my playstyle.

I

InspectorGadget

110stealing
100snoop
100hiding
120stealth
120ninja
120wrestle
100alchemy

Very good defensivly, 45DCI and 12Hpr as well as 80%EP(extra ~30hp from pots +20from wolf, heals around 40hp per pot and does about 35damage from exp and 11per tick on conflag) makes it very easy to survive almost every type of gank.

Dont tend to use trap boxes, majority of time if parad ill just smoke bomb...use the stealth skill and shadowjump. Saves you from being revealed in movement by elves passively.

There are points left over which will probably end up in either parry or focus(depending on the defense chance increase with low parry)

L

Laf

110stealing
100snoop
100hiding
120stealth
120ninja
120wrestle
100alchemy

Very good defensivly, 45DCI and 12Hpr as well as 80%EP(extra ~30hp from pots +20from wolf, heals around 40hp per pot and does about 35damage from exp and 11per tick on conflag) makes it very easy to survive almost every type of gank.

Dont tend to use trap boxes, majority of time if parad ill just smoke bomb...use the stealth skill and shadowjump. Saves you from being revealed in movement by elves passively.

There are points left over which will probably end up in either parry or focus(depending on the defense chance increase with low parry)
decent... revised. 80 snoop 80 stealth 100 hide 100 alchemy 100 steal 110 ninja 120 wrestle 30 tracking [shadow dancers. 100 stealth 120 steal]

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Template just completed:
detect hidden 100
remove trap 100
hiding 100
stealth 80 (plus items to 110)
stealing 100 (plus items to 120)
magery 65 (plus items to 100)
Ninjitsu 75 (plus items 89)

On Siege, where more of the crates are locked and trapped and items are not a guaranteed addition.

P

Playhardgopro

How about (real skill):

Stealing 120 (90)
Stealth 120 (90)
Snooping 100 (90)
Hiding 100 (120)
Ninja 120 (120)
Tactics 70 (70)
Fencing 120 (120)

Wearing Burglar's Bandana and the Shadow Dancer Leggings.

125 STR
100 INT
25 DEX

Kryss with HLD, DI, HCI/DCI, SSI 20+ (gives 1.25 second swing speed with over 30 stamina)

When I have/want to fight I have deathstrike, armor ignore and poision darts/stars.

What do you think?

How do theives get their HCI/DCI/DI up? Can you wear mage armour HCI/DCI/DI armor and still stealth (such as Heart of the Lion?) or do you have to rely on jewels and your weapon?

The other option is to go defensive and drop Fencing for Wrestling. Then rely on Deathstrike and Disarm to add to the mayhem as you make your escape? Frees up the 70 tactics points too (maybe try to work in some Resist Spells).

R

RichDC

decent... revised. 80 snoop 80 stealth 100 hide 100 alchemy 100 steal 110 ninja 120 wrestle 30 tracking [shadow dancers. 100 stealth 120 steal]
Interesting but i dont see the point, 80 snoop will get you killed by failing in the middle of a champ spawn. 30 tracking is kinda pointless as i have 20joat anyways...now i have been toying with the idea of taking necro to 40 for wraith form and carry arcane clothing around.

Also, i dont need 120 steal, i rarely steal much over 7stones(replicas are the highest) occasionally if im bored and want a chase ill go steal someone pots from yew gate but thats about it.

R

RichDC

How about (real skill):

Stealing 120 (90)
Stealth 120 (90)
Snooping 100 (90)
Hiding 100 (120)
Ninja 120 (120)
Tactics 70 (70)
Fencing 120 (120)

Wearing Burglar's Bandana and the Shadow Dancer Leggings.

125 STR
100 INT
25 DEX

Kryss with HLD, DI, HCI/DCI, SSI 20+ (gives 1.25 second swing speed with over 30 stamina)

When I have/want to fight I have deathstrike, armor ignore and poision darts/stars.

What do you think?

How do theives get their HCI/DCI/DI up? Can you wear mage armour HCI/DCI/DI armor and still stealth (such as Heart of the Lion?) or do you have to rely on jewels and your weapon?

The other option is to go defensive and drop Fencing for Wrestling. Then rely on Deathstrike and Disarm to add to the mayhem as you make your escape? Frees up the 70 tactics points too (maybe try to work in some Resist Spells).
Well, if you dropped fencing for wrestle and as hiding caps at gm, you could drop stealing by 10 points(see above post for reason) and pick up GM resist spells, this isnt amazing but it will cut a 5s para to bout 2s (so instead of exp/para, its exp...RUN!!!!)

P

Playhardgopro

Hiding 120 - I'm such a moron.

Yeh that's a pretty sensible idea.

With fencing though, you'd actually be a pretty offense assassin for the odd kill. Probably just go 90 tactics for the second special and the DI.

R

RichDC

Hiding 120 - I'm such a moron.

Yeh that's a pretty sensible idea.

With fencing though, you'd actually be a pretty offense assassin for the odd kill. Probably just go 90 tactics for the second special and the DI.
Very true, Althoug using the template above i have managed my fair share of kills, its hilarious when you deathstrike someone twice as they chase you then para punch after youve suspended an 80%EP exp pot.(oh and a fukiya dart to there chests...this usually starts after ive stolen there cure pots :p)

Edit: if you wanted to go that route and play offensively you would need 90tactics at a minimum

P

Playhardgopro

Thanks Rich. Any advice on:

'How do theives get their HCI/DCI/DI up? Can you wear mage armour HCI/DCI/DI armor and still stealth (such as Heart of the Lion?) or do you have to rely on jewels and your weapon?'

R

RichDC

I use,

Faction heart of the lion (15DCI)(see thrill of the chase post)
Gauntles of anger (10DCI 2hpr)
10DCI 50EP ring
14DCI +skill Brace
Quiver of infinity 5DCI

54DCI Total.

In answer to the stealth with armour, at 75 stealth you 100% with all mage armour, higher means you can stealth with non med armour on...as on prodo, due to passive reveal, your going to go 120 you can get away with nearly all non med.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my favorite template:

100 stealing (120 with shadow leggings)
100 snooping
100 hiding
80 stealth (100 with shadow leggings)
100 wrestling (for disarm and stun)
70-75 ninja (can be boosted with jewelry, good for animal form and shadow jump)
40-50 chivalry ( for healing, recall spell, cure. Can be boosted with jewelry)
100 resist or 100 detect

Granted this is a non-combat template, but it is really awesome :D
The chivalry, as mentioned, helps for healing, recall, and cure. I found the resist very helpful for avoiding the para spells and from time-to-time poison. Later I dropped it for detect hidden which is very fun :D Given the formula for tracking, with just gm detect and JOT, you can still track players fairly well, just not monsters. I found myself tracking even gm stealthers with some difficulty.

L

Laf

Interesting but i dont see the point, 80 snoop will get you killed by failing in the middle of a champ spawn. 30 tracking is kinda pointless as i have 20joat anyways...now i have been toying with the idea of taking necro to 40 for wraith form and carry arcane clothing around.

Also, i dont need 120 steal, i rarely steal much over 7stones(replicas are the highest) occasionally if im bored and want a chase ill go steal someone pots from yew gate but thats about it.
I use human char and have had 80 forever,, Ive maybe failed a snoop 1 of 50-60 snoops. For those odds, Ill take the extra 20 Skill points. 30 true tracking just seems to do far better than 20 base tracking. i use it on a red i have. essence of laf. and i seem to see a huge difference between the base, and actually have the 30 skill.
as far as the necro idea goes, yeah. thats a good idea.. and even better if you can push it upwards into the 50-60. dont forget u can use jewels to summon's and spells., just not for the form.

[edit. if i was to make thief template i would be a lot dif. hehe. i was revising the post i had quoted.]

L

Laf

Here's my favorite template:

100 stealing (120 with shadow leggings)
100 snooping
100 hiding
80 stealth (100 with shadow leggings)
100 wrestling (for disarm and stun)
70-75 ninja (can be boosted with jewelry, good for animal form and shadow jump)
40-50 chivalry ( for healing, recall spell, cure. Can be boosted with jewelry)
100 resist or 100 detect

Granted this is a non-combat template, but it is really awesome :D
The chivalry, as mentioned, helps for healing, recall, and cure. I found the resist very helpful for avoiding the para spells and from time-to-time poison. Later I dropped it for detect hidden which is very fun :D Given the formula for tracking, with just gm detect and JOT, you can still track players fairly well, just not monsters. I found myself tracking even gm stealthers with some difficulty.
I like this idea here.
heres another 2mins thought..

again id still go 80 snoop.
100 hide
90 steal
90 stealth [no legs.. just 80-90] [all i use is leather armor, mage armor and glasses etc]
110 ninja
80 chiv
120 parry
50 whatever lol

would have 4/6 fc of course. w/50 ep.
Orny. Inquis.Fc1 Ecru. Fc1 Shield.
smoke bombs. pots. trap crate.

just throwing some random numbers out.. my point tho, a thief with 4/6 chiv ninja parry hide stealth and ep. however you wana work it.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How the big dog plays the game:

My suit is:

All 80s resists (yes....for curse/corpse skin)
100% Lower Reagant Cost
50% Enhance Potions
30% Lower Mana Cost
30% Defense Chance Increase
+105 Skills

Depends on the tactic of how you play; my thief is a defensive thief/mage/ninja:

120 Stealing
120 Magery
120 Resist
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
95 Ninja
50 Tracking

Essential items:

Staff of Pyros (-0 Mage Weapon, Spell Channeling, 100% Fire Dmg)
Hanzo's bow (+10 Ninja...i'll get to that)
Jaana's Staff (+15% DCI)

Method to my madness:

Magery -- Most useful skill in the game; even tho I am not an offensive mage, I have the ability to heal, cure, recall, mark, gate, res, summons, poison, etc. Plus, with Staff of Pyros, I have essentially 120 weapon skill.

Ninja -- A couple of reasons, but most importantly, with 95 base skill and Hanzo's bow (to bring it to 105) if I ever get dismounted, I can go into llama form without failure....gets you out of sticky situations. Furthermore, you stealth at a must faster pace in llama form....very useful if your tracking a mark. In addition, having roughly 100+ across the board for hiding/stealth/ninja gives you a nice death strike PvP wise...not that you can hold up a true PvPer....but you can hold your own if you catch someone off guard. Also, don't forget about dog/cat form for HP regen.

50% EP -- the fun part. Confusion potions, purple pots...think about it. If someone isn't noticing at a spawn and you stealth up and they are at low health.....confusion, purple pots, death strike, poison.....it's not to shabby for a thief. Also helps to chug those greater strengths, heal, cure, etc.

Resisting Spells -- Just useful....not much explaining here. Nice for those noobs that like to constantly spam paralyze.

Tracking -- a damn useful skill for tracking people, obviously.

This template holds up well if you can move quick and know how to react....you can stand up just fine at spawns, ambush reds when they are low at health, and just survive in general.

Side note: This suit is not cheap at all....took me a decent amount of time finding the ring, gloves, sleeves, and gorget.

(I'm not going item for item, but my ring is +15 Stealing, +10 Resisting Spells, 8% LMC, 15% DCI, 12% Poison resist)

Also helps to have the Royal Investigator's Cloak (+20 stealth) *smiles*

Just all out a fun way to play.....macros are a pain in the ass, and don't bother trying to play this char if you can't move quick on the keyboard.

Cheers.

-Oblivion

D

debsmad

Hello all. I've looked thru the various templates posted here...and I'm still confused. I've never played a theif before, but I'd like to try one. Actually, it would be more a collector.

What do you all suggest for a character that will be Trammel based, no interest in PvP, will be a solo player, and is mainly interested in being able to collect the steables in, like, the Fandancer Dojo and such? I guess this would make me a rares collector, more than a true theif, huh?

Anyway, what template do you suggest for that? And what should stats be?

Thanks.
:)

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dungeon thief is pretty basic....

stats...
STR 100 / Dex 20 / Mana 125

skills...
120 stealing
100 hide
80 stealth
115 Magery
115 Med
115 Eval
55 Focus

No items with this guy, except some 2/1 jewels. All real skill. If I was going to change him up a bit, I would put on shadow dancers and drop the focus and add ninja. The ninja is nice for stealthing at mounted speeds.

Just make sure you have 120 stealing. It's miserable to fail and have some one else grab the item.

He does fine as a solo player.

Q

D

debsmad

Thanks. :)

What about lockpicking, remove trap, etc? Or is there nothing worth collecting in locked containers? Like I said, noob here.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lock picking can be worth while. No one really uses remove trap much anymore except old templates and folks in factions. Pick the lock and hit the chest with telekinesis.

Occasionally you can get a good piece out of chests that can be enhanced. Some find the jewels a worthy of collecting.

Personally my lock picking char is my treasure hunter.

Q

B

Blacksheep001

What is it about having the 100% Fire Damage from the Staff of Pyros that you like with regards to this template? Also how would you distribute str, dex, and int for this template?

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not so much the 100% fire damage as it is a Mage Weapon -0.

This weapon gives him the ability to wield a weapon at a pseudo 120 weapon skill and never fail a spell at 120 magery. It gives him a bit of offense and defense by carrying it.

Hit chance is defined as your weapon skill & HCI vs your opponents DCI and weapon skill. Conversely, your defense chance is defined by your DCI and weapon skill vs. your opponents weapon skill and HCI.

Wielding a weapon also lets him take advantage of the ninja moves for a weapon:
Weapon focus, back stab, surprise attack, Ki strike, death strike.

There are no extra skill points associated with carrying the staff, since it is a mage weapon -0. All this is extra ability, without any extra skill points into the template.

Another option for a suit would be a crystalline ring and mage weapons -20.

The way to distribute stats would also be determiend a bit by human or elf.

R

Rhanaghar

I also am thinking it would be fun to run a thief but I am limited to sdpace on slots. I have two intersts and was wondering if there was anyway to combine them into a templte together? I would like ask if anyone has a Tram based template for a Thief/Fisherman? Please reply Kinda new to this template area. Thanks . Happy Hunting.

C

Cruxshadow

I also am thinking it would be fun to run a thief but I am limited to sdpace on slots. I have two intersts and was wondering if there was anyway to combine them into a templte together? I would like ask if anyone has a Tram based template for a Thief/Fisherman? Please reply Kinda new to this template area. Thanks . Happy Hunting.
Im not sure what all you need for fishing, but I assume you use magery? If so, all you need to add is stealing. Since you say it will be a tram thief (which i take as dungeon thief) you wont need snooping. And if you run magery you ownt need hiding or stealth, as you can just invis. I would just do something like:

Magery
Eval
Med
Resist
Fishing
Stealing

I may be wrong, but it sounds feasible to me.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will use:

120 Stealing
120 Stealth
110 Fencing
110 Ninjitsu
100 Poisoning
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
40 Necro

I use a burgalars bandana, +30 Ring/Braclet and Ninjitsu animal forms(depending on the situation). Necro is for wraith form. Weapon of choice: Flesh Ripper w/DP poison
How do you travel? runebooks with recall charges? Its a very interesting template.

*EDIT* Bummer I didn't realize how old these posts are. Even if this isn't your template, how would you recomend travel on this template?