• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] template with inscription and anatomy

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I'm building a mage scribe. His legendary template might be:

* 120 Magery, Eval Int
* 120 Meditate, Resist Magic
* 100 Anatomy, Inscription

That leaves an awkward 40 points left over. I could easily salvage 20 more points from the 120s using jewelry, which was what I was planning on doing. So, what to do with up to 60 points? Options include:

* Parry: get hit even less often, but would require 80 dex for no penalty
* Chivalry: another healing spell, remove curse, and stamina renewal
* Focus: more regen for mana and stamina

What do you-all think? Are there better options?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I think 40 Spellweaving would give you 100% success with Gift Of Renewal & Attunement.

If its for group PvP 60 Necro for Wraith Form might come in handy.

Or as you already have Anatomy, 60 Healing could be a little extra healing power, unreliable and kinda slow but a small support.

I wouldn't say one is any better than another, just comes down to preference, if you could squeeze those points to 80 (100 Med & 20 on items) you could also have Poisoning for DP fields.

A

A Rev

I would suggest only 2 of the above suggestions,

If you stay at 40 - spellweaving all the time!!! Awesome buffs!

If you can gain 20 points and boost to 60, necro. Extra bite in your exp/fs combo by throwing in an evil omen!

I wouldnt try poisoning, unfortunatly it ticks slow and is easily cured.

Ok, i lied, im going to throw another one in the mix. If this is for a solo temp and not a group mage, maybe try and boost the available skill points and invest in ninjitsu for llama/ossie form and mirror images while dismounted.

I

imperterritus

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Interestingly, I've picked up 50 points of Ninjitsu for training. Dog form with a mage weapon is an awesome way to gain both anatomy and magery. Beginning in the low 50s, I've worked magery to around 63 and anatomy to about 68 so far, hunting in New Haven. I've focused on the greater mongbats, allowing me to gather leather while I train.

I'm not bothering with armor at this point. With the heath regen of dog form it's just not needed for low enemies. Heck, i've even taken on an ettin and a lizardmen (effective mace skill around 35 at the time, using wand). Mirror image helps a lot on those, because with my low toHit, they get plenty of time to beat on me.

I don't know if I'll stick with Ninjitsu in the final template. I'll likely keep it until I GM anatomy. Then I might go for spellweaving. This guy is positive karma, so necro isn't really an option. (I do have necro characters, though.)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60 weaving is nice for pixies, thunderstorm.

60 necro is nice for omen and painspike (assuming you're human)

If you go ninja make sure to fit a total of 80 ninja, I believe that is roughly 50% success rate for llama form. It is also useful when you are dismounted to summon mirror images to absorb melee damage.

60 mysticism can also be helpful, especially if you are fighting the no-resist dexers. Sleep is very good to have.

If you are running with 50 EP you can even go 66 alchemy to get the extra 20 EP. Gives you the option of throwing explode pots.

60 Bushido could be helpful, but only for confidence if you are running from dexers and cant afford to stop to heal. Probably not the ideal skill to put on.

Of course if you are making this character for mage dueling, I would go with focus.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60 weaving is nice for pixies, thunderstorm.

60 necro is nice for omen and painspike (assuming you're human)

If you go ninja make sure to fit a total of 80 ninja, I believe that is roughly 50% success rate for llama form. It is also useful when you are dismounted to summon mirror images to absorb melee damage.

60 mysticism can also be helpful, especially if you are fighting the no-resist dexers. Sleep is very good to have.

If you are running with 50 EP you can even go 66 alchemy to get the extra 20 EP. Gives you the option of throwing explode pots.

60 Bushido could be helpful, but only for confidence if you are running from dexers and cant afford to stop to heal. Probably not the ideal skill to put on.

Of course if you are making this character for mage dueling, I would go with focus.
/Thread. Hands down. :danceb: