• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Template tweak....

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still very much want to run a sampire build but with this being a new beginning and all I am thinking I might try something a little different... This k this will work??

120 swords/bush
100 tactics,necro, SS,resist
80 chiv

I usually run parry for evasion, confidence and counter attack... I would still get the initial heal from confidence but would mainly use LS and MS and could use wither and more necro spells.... Still undecided but think it could be fun.... Or should I stick to parry?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not my specialty but what stats are you gonna run (including stuff on suit and jewels).
Where are you going to get your mana from for that build?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Definitely should peruse the templates on the Warrior forum, but at a glance I'd drop SS. Why 80 Chiv over 60? I thought 60 was all that was needed to cast Enemy of One, but I may be misremembering that. I use 120 Chiv but others go the 60 route. I have also seen folks only run 60 Parry with 120 Bushido and Two Handed weapons.
What about anatomy?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, on second thoughts I'll stick with what I know and run parry,

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Silent Singer is right, Stratics' Warrior forum is a great place for Sampire information.

Most discussions revolve around Prodo shard builds though... Hard to find threads focused on Siege template builds... The endless search can get discouraging and the frequent "play what you like" response can get annoying.

I am no expert, I know, sounds cliché, but here goes...

Not sure how everyone else builds their Sampire templates' on Siege, but currently my Sampire looks like this for Siege:

120 - Fence, Bushido
100 - Resist, Necro
90/120(+30 jewelry) - Tactics
70/100(+30 jewelry) - Anatomy
60 - Parry
60/90(+30 jewelry) - Chivalry

Reason for template: (my apologies ahead of time, I could not sleep and just felt like typing... And typing...) I hate being Paralyzed or Posioned, so having at least 100 Resist helps me with that problem. I personally don't see a strong need for high Parry, so I have just enough to add with Bushido/Fencing for the 300 skill points to lower Special Moves mana cost*. I choose fencing because with this template being so heavy on skill jewelry, I would not need as much Stamina on my outfit to achieve a 1.25 swing speed when I use Whirlwind(Kama, 2sec) or Armor Ignore (Kryss, 2sec). Sometimes I replace the Kryss with a Lajatang, for the Frenzied Whirlwind, the downside is it only leeches the initial hit, all the jazz that comes after lacks the leeching effect. I just love Frenzied Whirlwind, so any chance I can use it, I will. :p If I could fit more Chivalry I would, but Enemy of One duration at 90 skill is adequate**. I went with more Tactics and Anatomy overall because I want her total damage output to be high so I can leech more. Necro for Vampiric Embrace for all the benefits. I prefer 2 tails on my toon, so I am human with 125/120/15. Six piece GM made outfit with all pieces having mana/stamina/LMC and hit point increase, 70/95/70/70/70. Currently Studded Hiro Sode, Gorget, and Do; with bone glove and Orc helm for 55 total LMC. I always wear Leather Skirts, so choose Orc Helm for +3. Don't copy my style! Just joking. :D Ring/Bracelet has the three skills above along with Damage Increase and HCI. Since speed is not an issue for her, current Kama I am using for this template has Damage Increase/Mana Leech/Life Leech/Hit Cold Area/Hit Harm, and both Kryss and Lajatang has Damage Increase/Mana Leech/Life Leech/HLD/HLA.

The only special materials used are Crystalline Blackrock(all the skills) and Boura Pelts for resist on outfit.

Before the use of skills on jewelry, the template looked like this:

120 - Fence/Bushido/Tactics
100 - Chivalry/Necromancy/Resist
60 - Parry

Everything else pretty much the same with this template regarding outfit, Ring/Bracelet had DCI/strength and intelligence bonus instead of skills.

I hope this helps somewhat with your Sampire build, or at least a direction... ;)

*Evasion increases your chance to parry, chance to block with Evasion is based on Bushido, Anatomy, and Tactics.

**Chivlary spells require 25 skill points above the minimum requirement to be cast 50% of the time, and 50 skill points above the minimum requirement to cast 100% of the time. Enemy of One requires a minimum of 45 skill points.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nice Raja! I've always wondered about the fencing build, I have swords and mace.

One thing I'll note, and it is a corner case really, but I use the max 120 on Anatomy because by stoning off necro I can add healing for Blackthorn Captains. Life Leech on some of them is not good, and switching from a Sampire to a Paladin is the only way I've been able to use a dexxer for them. But again, that is a small corner case.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that smells like a prodo template right there. Way too much money invested in jewels. you gonna hate replacing that stuff.
Bo would keep it simple
120 weapon bushido
100 anat parry tactics resist heal necro archery (+20 headdress)
80 chiv
yes bo knows their is way too many 100 skills, but that's the beauty. you simply swap out the 4 you want or need, you could turn your pvm character into a decent pvp build in no time. Make sure weapons have mana & stam leech, lower d, ssi (enough to swing at cap) and damage. the bo prefers weapons that deal more damage. remember leechin is based off the damage you deal to the monster(s). so high base damage is key.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the input. Moving forward I will work plenty other skills but for now I think I will focus on 120 swords/bush
100 tactics,necro, parry ,resist
80 chiv just to get some gold in the bank. Ireally appreciate all the input. I need to be able to easily replace suits and stuff... (Took imbue on mythic token) and think this a solid starting point... Before I get working imbue I will train up and gather a bunch of mats.then I can work other skills and buy soulstones hehe.

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hellos Silent Singer, my initial thought was swordsmanship, more weapon options, but the only Swordsmanship weapon I like is the Wakizashi, for the Frenzied Whirlwind... I really like Frenzied Whirlwind and prefer it over AI for monsters in most occasions. I tend to produce more damage with Frenzied Whirlwind, granted monster(s) have to be within a couple tiles for 2 seconds. I almost went with Mace fighting, Tetsubo for Frenzied Whirlwind, and Black Staff for Whirlwind Attack. Ultimately I went with Fencing for the weapon speeds. The Paladin seems really interesting, but I have a weird playstyle and really want to keep Karma low for Dread Lady title, so . :(

Bo, it does smell like a Prodo template huh? :oops: I gave it a lot of thought for what I wanted/needed this Sampire to be for me. I really did look at the cost of the outfit this template would require, versus a template with less skills but with more intensity on properties. My final thought is the only special materials I would require is Boura Pelts and Crystalline Blackrock. High Plain Bouras always drop 1 Boura Pelt, I normally gather about 22-25 pelts. I need 60 Crystalline Blackrocks for the ring/bracelet skills. I can gather about 40-60 Crystalline Blackrocks in about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on drop. When I gather Barbered Leather, I normally go hunt Ancient Wyrms, Greater Dragons, or Dragons for their leather and gems. The magic items from the corpse go straight towards unraveling. Not much gold is invested for the outfit, just some time. I don't like farming, so normally I have a low stock of everything, but the whole process from hunt/gather to craft/imbue, for an outfit takes me about 2-3 hours depending on drops. It is not bad at all considering I get to hunt monsters, gather resources, and make a new outfit to wear. The base damage for the Lajatang is 16-19, my base after all the damage calculations is 61-74, not grand numbers, but effective with the right slayer. No Warrior's Gift applied, so when I switch back, that base should improve maybe by 1-2 more for base. :D

I am very green when it comes to PvP. Most recently I have been playing around with an Archer template more for PvP, not that I engage in it, just for fun. By far one of my more enjoyable templates as of late.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady Raja - just wondering where you get your crystalline blackrock?

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Razic, I believe the template you are going for is a good one. My old template before I Prodo'd it with skills (thanks Bo...) was similar.

About your first post, TheDrAJ is right about where you are going to get your mana from. Wither and Necromancy spells does not replenish mana, just uses it. Whirlwind Attack really is the best way to leech. A double axe (3.25s) has Double Strike as the primary and Whirlwind Attack as the secondary. Most Sampires who choose swords go with a double axe and Bladed Staff (3s) has AI and Dismount.

TheDrAJ, it's no big secret what monsters drop them, but I PM'd where I go. ;)

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm finding even with my current newbie status I'm doing ok. I'm focusing on getting tactics and party in to ROT. I'm using a katana at the moment with hit mama and SSI . Went for katana as I want stuff to stay alive a bit longer and if needs be I can pop EoO, cons wep and drop a few armour ignore in there and still dish out ok damage. Going well so far.. a dude gave me a training suit, a nother chap some SSI jewels and special thanks to magic hands for the katanas. Resist will be next to be worked up to 70 then will just let it naturally gain to GM through play. Can't get in to vamp form yet so just dropping either every few mins for the gain and using curse wrong in a tight spot for the 50% leech. Other than that confidence and close wounds are keeping me healed well enough.

I'll keep you updated!

Mumm-Ra.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to buy that hit mama katana fom you when you're done training with it. Sounds like something I could put to good use =)

taking parry to RoT shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. preferrably do it before starting with bushido. equip a weapon that is not your weapon skill and a shield. make sure you have 70 physical resist on your suit and enough durability so it'll be able to take the tons of 1hp hits you'll get. then go to the Yew sheep pens and attack 9 sheep. Go out of war mode, stand on top of one then have the rest circle you and let them hit you.

If you already have bushido on then you'll need to use a 2handed weapon an no shield. It'll be harder though because now the sheep first have to successfully pass a check against your weapon skill and then you need to parry successfully to get a chance at a gain.

With either method you will want to make sure you are at 0 dci to make it more likely to get gains.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I was hoping to do, problem is I already picked Bushido on the mythic token... I was thinking if I used a wep I had 0 skill e.g. fencing that might make life a bit easier or is my parry chance determine by wep/bush/parry? Having said that with enough sheep biting me even at 90 swords I will be taking hits with the changes that came in pub 81 was it( even sheep hit a few times against 120 skill) ?? I will just have a couple heal pots to hand haha just in case. Will be on later tonight all being well so I will give it a try... As for the katana.... Magic hands made me a few of them.. the durability are low but you are welcome to have one of them. Who are you in game? PM me if you like and I will jump on later.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Eheh don't worry razic... Keep katanas for your training :p , I'll make some katanas for max without problems this evening :)... Max just call me in GC when you are online ;);) ( or just shot one of your arrow if you see me around:D:D:D)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks for the offers - I don't need a katana.
It was just a stupid joke over a spelling mistake. You said you had a katana with "hit MAMA" instead of mana...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOLLLLL... i didn't pay attention to that thing ahah... I tought was a bit strange you needed a training katana :D:D:D