• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Question

D

Dexdash

So i am a night elf druid only level 7. i know i will start getting talents im just not clear on how they work. can i move them around or when i choose where to put these am i stuck with it? is there a good place to find templates and or feed back for them? thanks

L

Lag

You should try out the WoW druid forums or the Beginner's Forums.

The way it works is every level 10-70 you will gain 1 ""point."Pressing N or clicking on the icon on the bottom will open up a pane with 3 tabs at the bottom. These are called "trees".

Each tree has a specialty. The Balance tree is for offensive magic and debuffs, the feral tree is for shapeshifting and tanking/damage, and resto is for healing.

If you make a mistake, you must go to any Druid Trainer and click "I wish to relearn my talents." or something along those lines. The first respec will cost 1 gold, so be careful not to make a mistake. The next will be 5g, the 3rd, 10, so on and so forth. They go down a little each month (If youre up to 40g respec it'll go down to 35 after the month). The max is 50g per respec.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
AS far as druid goes, my advice is to throw ten points in the resto tree for the improved mark of the wild and the one right next to it, then put everything else in Feral.

Feral will be the easest way to level.

As far as changing your talents, what Lag said is correct. It will reduce in price, but will never go below, if i remember correctly 5 or 10 gold.

If you have any questions on the druid class, feel free to ask ^_^

E

Emuishere

You may also want to play with talent calculators etc. Ask different types of players how they spec their chars. You may spec different for PVP vs. PVM.

D

Dexdash

so any other advice? i play wit a friend that is a dwarf paly. i want healing but what else would best compliment us working as a team? is spreading talents out over 3 worth much or am i better specializing? i want a ranged attack and healing am i spreading out to thin? thx (level 16 now by the way)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You will always have healing as a druid, no matter what. Use your heal over time spells (faster to cast) and buff them if needed with Healing Touch. I would say DPS with a paly would be more useful as he can heal and rez. you can heal and rez every 20 minutes, but you guys want to take out stuff fast. going boomkin at a low level isn't going to allow that. I'd definitely be feral, that way if you have to solo, you can.

Best of luck to ya