• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Question

Mrhavoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Im going for a Archer Bard...

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
100 Archry (120 w Hunters )
100 Tac
70 Chiv
70 Bushido

Playable ?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
100 Tac
70 Chiv
70 Bushido

Playable ?
I dont know much about bushido, so won't comment there.

This would be an ok specialized template for killing one monster all on its own.

I mean, what are you going to do when surrounded by many monsters
of various types? And likely fail on a provo when needed most?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's playable, but what do you wanna hunt with such a template ??
Iv'e had great success with disco-archer templates, adding provo makes it a bit too tight imho :(
I think 50 bushido is enough for honor.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
100 Tac
70 Chiv
70 Bushido

Playable ?
I agree with the others, with both disco and prov, it makes it very tight. Now that adds up to 700 so you can add another +5 for years each full year you have played on that account up to 4 years giving you 720 and you can up your bushido and/or chiv with jewelry but you are mana lacking which means you will have to rely on mana regen/mana/int on your suit and mana leech on your weapon if you are going to cast or use specials. It is playable but tight and depending on what you want to fight with this character. Anatomy would give you more damage if you choose that in place of prov. The great thing about test center is that you can set up your template, imbue armor, jewelry, and weapons and test it out for yourself for your personal play-ability.

Mrhavoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
thx for the answers and opinions

the account is pretty new (3 month) ,
would like to use this char for some support for t-hunting , champs spawns etc ,helping my guildis .Keeping the big guys discorded , provo the little ones , adding a bit damage when needed.

maybe i should drop bushido and keep meditation. I like the archer style so magery isnt much of an option.

Hunting in shame in the time between trainings sessions , love to provo the hordes :D

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would pick up focus instead of med. You have better mana regen while fighting that way. You can add 60 focus with jewelry alone allowing you to keep bushido while gaining more mana regen.

Mrhavoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would pick up focus instead of med. You have better mana regen while fighting that way. You can add 60 focus with jewelry alone allowing you to keep bushido while gaining more mana regen.
sounds like a plan , will the 20% from jack of all trades add to the jewelry ?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm probably being daft here, and it's been a long day, but where are you getting 60 focus from jewels? I can see 30 from the ring and brace, what am I missing?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm probably being daft here, and it's been a long day, but where are you getting 60 focus from jewels? I can see 30 from the ring and brace, what am I missing?
LOL that was me being daft because it was too early for me to be posting. I had been thinking of different ways to get focus and ended up putting 60 instead of 30.

I was going to suggest adding 30 points to skills on ring and jewel, 30 focus and 30 of another skill or 15 and 15 of another skill. Bushido is slow to raise and was going to suggest 30 in focus and 30 in bushido or maybe 30 in focus and then 15 in prov and 15 in disco. Then he can let focus go to 30 real and then have 30 in jewelry for a total of 60. He would then have 3 other slot open on the ring and 3 on the bracelet to imbue other things. It was too early in the morning for me to post. :)

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, if I were to make an archer bard nowadays this would be it:

Archery 100 (120 as you mentioned Headress)
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Music 120
Provo or Disco 100 (jewels to 120) (since you wont have much mana and archery only leeches half
I don't see you using the Masteries much.

80 to 100 left for bushido or chivalry depending on account age. Choose one.
I would actually choose resist spells, however, that is another topic entirely.

That being said, bard warriors, while fun, are limited, and therefore I only make
mage type bards anymore. However, with an archer bard, you are going to learn
the bard dance very very well!!!!!

Good luck

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
100 Tac
70 Chiv
70 Bushido

Playable ?
Your cutting yourself off on damage and mana regen. Your chiv is going to only give you about 38% damage from EoO and a 80-90% proc chance with consecrate.
Bushido wont give you a very high crit chance so you'll only be getting honor bonus, and 50% hci when you use your lightning strike

Inspire would give you an extra bit of damage but unless you're leeching enough mana you wont be able to sustain it.
If you have reliable mana leech, then on single targets you could use tribulation which would give you some significant damage bumps.

If i was going archer bard similar to your template I'd do as follows
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Archery
120 Chivalry
100 Meditation
120 Tactics

Using gems you can squeeze out a few more skill points, but I'd leave true skill in music/disco for the mastery bonuses.
Disco will drop target resists. If you have a high enough leech weapon, you can run despair, tribulation and fire off your shots at the same time.
Chivalry will give you an extra 98% Damage Modifier similar to a super slayer weapon.

Tribulation can proc on ALL damage. So if you Armor ignored a target with your chiv bonuses, and procced tribulation, that would be a bonus of 36% to that armor ignore.

Not to mention tribulation also lowers targets hit chance and spell damage.

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The more I look at these great responses, the more I find myself worrying about the ability to use the Bard Masteries at all with an Archer template that MUST have high Dex to be proficient... The compromises that must be made to Str/Dex/Int for this template makes me queezy.... I just can't see it working for anything other than the occasional mana-consuming spell... Like Logrus says, you gotta go with 120 Chiv or forget it... Your EoO damage will suk too much at lower numbers... You will have to keep your Dex up for your swing speed and you can only go so low in Str or you'll be monochrome much too frequently, which leaves Int in a place that doesn't invite serious use of the Bard Masteries... (Or am I full of it...)

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you use the peace or provo abilities, your mana upkeep is pretty low cost so you can get away without using mana leech, but using the disco masteries, it is a must.

I run my archer bard with 70 mana. (40 int), with 110 strength and 105 dex before item bonuses.

Mrhavoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
thanks for all the great tips and opinions, had some time this weekend thinking about a complete other way of playing the char.

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Peace
120 Chiv
100 Medi

Call it a singing Paladin ;)

i am pretty aware of the fact that some of the chivalery skill will be useless, but playing it in a support role with other having a quite quick heal , decurse , cure together with crowd control and 2 auras

finishing provoed mobs via holy light isnt terrible effectiv but the char is for group play so usually i shoulnd be bothered with killing