• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Question

F

Fireclass

Hey,

Being a mage/tamer, I was wondering what my 7th skill should be, because I am not sure of the usefulness of resisting spells.

Current Template:
108 Magery (110 intended, 110 max)
110 Evaluating Intelligence (max)
110 Meditation (max)
110 Animal Lore (max)
87 Veterinary (110 intended, 110 max)
85 Animal Taming (As high as I can get it, planning on perhaps using jewels, 100 intended for now so I only need to use one jewel, 110 max)
Remaining resisting spells (70 it looks like, once i get the 720 skill cap)
(715 max skill cap)

That will leave me about 70 or so in resisting spells once I max everything else (I'm not sure about 120 in skills because they are quite expensive). Should I replace resisting spells with another skill? And should I try to get skill increasing jewelry for either this or the new skill?

Also, my current skills are 100 str/15 dex/115 int, is this ok or do I need a little more dex?

Thanks!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you'll be able to use magery offensively to help your pet fight monsters, maybe Spellweaving would be fun :)

F

Fireclass

That could work!
However, how useful is it? Especially when you don't have extra focus? I'll be sitting at around 70-80 spellweaving for a while and probably will not get the chance to get +focus that much.

Is resisting spells useful for PvM to outweigh any of the other choices?

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
using global chat you can usually get a group together fairly quickly to up your weaving focus. Many people keep secondary chars at 100 weaving to bridge the gap between a 120 weaver and a 80 weaver. Since you can go 20 points up or down to get your focus. I think all W Brit banks have the lvl 6 focus ability now.

As for weaving, that is the way I would go (and have) although I dont have eval on my tamer I do have weaving scrolled to 120, the amount of damage WOD does at the end is uusually enough for me to get at least rights if not in the top 5 damagers. Gift of renewal is a great benefit when your fighting a heavy damaging Area effect monster. Ethreal voyage is a good back up for honor taming. Essence of wind is great for the begining levals of a champ spawn. Gift of life is good if you remember to keep it up, my luck though, is it runs out and then I die 2 - 3 seconds after it runs out. Attunement is nice when ya need a little extra buff in taking damage.

I would lose the resist (soulstone it) if your a primary PVM char.

D

dragonthorn

If you have 40 lmc and over 16 mana regen you can almost drop med down to nothing, saving alot of skill points, try it out and lower med skill till you have a similar result to the already 110 skill you have, youll be surprized how alot of mana regen can save alot of skill points in med, i dont even run med or focus anymore , using the mana regen calculator i have the same mana regen as 120 med, just cant actively meditate.