• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template? Please help!

P

pindulhi

Hi! :) I have recently started playing again with a PvM Bard/Tamer, and I have collected lots of seeds, so I'd need a botanist template to tend them. I'm looking for a botanist template that can make the kegs, the potions, but that doesn't need to be a fighter or lumberjack since I'd get all my resources with my other characters.
So what's really necessary to make a botanist beside alchemy? I've seen a couple of templates on this forum but I'm not sure if they're what I'm looking for :S. If someone could help I'd be very thankful :).

(PS: I don't really need carpentry, my brother has a carpenter)

M

miniciti

All you need is alchemy. Maybe some magery to recall to the alchemist store to buy regs and bottles. Since the potions stack, there's no need for kegs anymore. :)
My "botanist" has alchemy, inscription, imbuing, magery, cooking and meditation.
Good luck!

P

pindulhi

Ok, thank you so much! :) So then:

Magery
Med
Alchemy
That's all I've got so far, I'll add 2 or 3 more skills eventually,(maybe tailoring or cooking?) but for now that shall suffice hah :D Any comment, tips or suggestions as to where I should be taking this template would be greatly appreciated!! :) I'm absolutely clueless as to how to distribute my skillpoints on this template :S

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too recently started a Botanist ... going with something like this:

Alchemy
Poisoning
Taste ID
Cooking

Magery
Med
Eval

I may add spellweaving, and lower magery skills a bit, just cause I haven't used that skill before ... to mix things up.

A note, if you go with Taste ID, as discussed a few threads down ... it seemed bugged to be stuck at 75 .... I have yet to find a way to get past it ...